Fire SEASON ended
From the pages of the Mail Tribune. ("If it happened yesterday, it's news to us") 

Rain and snow end fire season 
Winter wonderland forecast for parts of Southern Oregon Cascades
By Ryan Pfeil
Mail Tribune
Thursday night rain and snow delivered the knockout punch to the 2017 fire season in southwest Oregon.

The key word here seems to be SEASON. Next year, God willing and the Creek's don't rise, we will have summer. And forest fires. 
Sen. Ron Wyden and some of his fellow professional politicians have formed study groups or something like it to see what can be done to improve our defensives against these fires. After all, they saw what happened in Santa Rosa. Whatever the conclusion we can be sure it will take money. And, we are on the hook to provide funds for Huston, some Caribbean Islands, Florida, and Puerto Rico. (And hoping against hope we do not have another 'event".)
Then too, Mr. Trump is hell bent on building "that wall" and if he gets his way that will create a giant sucking sound as it drains our federal coffers. 

I'm thinking of a houseboat on Emigrant lake.  Wink
And open and barrel burning is now allowed. That's great Sad It means a lot of cheap aholes who don't pay for garbage service will be burning the trash.
(10-21-2017, 03:27 PM)tvguy Wrote: And open and barrel burning is now allowed. That's great Sad It means a lot of cheap aholes who don't pay for garbage service will be burning the trash.

We have a tiny fraction of our population who just feel the need to shoot someone (or some people). 
Your job, if you are willing to accept the Mission, is to direct those nut jobs to the scum bags who you describe above. 
Mission Possible. (Well, when I dream)
(10-21-2017, 03:33 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 03:27 PM)tvguy Wrote: And open and barrel burning is now allowed. That's great Sad It means a lot of cheap aholes who don't pay for garbage service will be burning the trash.

We have a tiny fraction of our population who just feel the need to shoot someone (or some people). 
Your job, if you are willing to accept the Mission, is to direct those nut jobs to the scum bags who you describe above. 
When I was a kid we burned trash in a barrel. So once in a while an aerosol can like hair spray would end up in the barrel. As you probably know that's very exciting for a kid.
So I used to put a spray can in accidentally on purpose. It's pretty much like a mortar round and the can, AKA shrapnel comes out of the barrel somewhere near the speed of light.

Anyway I thought about dropping a spray can in one of those peoples barrels who burn garbage .
Then I thought about the prison time.
(10-21-2017, 05:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:

When I was a kid we burned trash in a barrel. So once in a while an aerosol can like hair spray would end up in the barrel and as you probably know that's very exciting for a kid.
So I used to put a spray can in accidentally on purpose. It's pretty much like a mortar round and the can, AKA shrapnel comes out of the barrel somewhere near the speed of light.

Anyway I thought about dropping a spray can in one of those peoples barrels who burn garbage .
Laughing That "prison time" thing keeps in order!
(10-21-2017, 05:05 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

When I was a kid we burned trash in a barrel. So once in a while an aerosol can like hair spray would end up in the barrel and as you probably know that's very exciting for a kid.

For most of us.
(10-21-2017, 05:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 05:05 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

For most of us.
So true. There are some folks who are just going to do what they want to do. Then blame us all for the breaks they didn't get.

When I was a kid we burned trash in a barrel. So once in a while an aerosol can like hair spray would end up in the barrel. As you probably know that's very exciting for a kid.

Laughing
We used to do the same thing, we called it ticking time bomb. Good times....thankfully we managed to never get injured. But then again, we were smart enough to take cover.

I don't live in the country but it smells like burning trash here too.
(10-21-2017, 06:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:

That's just how bbqboy smells....

I don't doubt that there are some who have a burn barrel even around where you live. Plus a lot of people put things in their wood stove they shouldn't.
Like my neighbor.
I should start a "have you ever almost Darwined out thread."

When I was a little genius of about 12. I went camping with a couple buddies. As it got dark we built a good sized fire and we started breaking out the food each of us brought.
Someone brought a can of green beans and we unanimously agreed we didn't need no stinking green beans.

So someone ( pretty sure it was me) just tossed that can right in to the fire. Then about a half hour or so later for some odd reason the fire just blew up.
I mean blew up as if a bomb went off. Seconds later our ears were ringing and we were sitting in total darkness.
And ALL around us on the ground for as far as we could see were these little orange glowing embers.

Some how not one of us was hit with anything Blink
(10-21-2017, 06:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: I should start a "have you ever almost Darwined out thread."

When I was a little genius of about 12. I went camping with a couple buddies. As it got dark we built a good sized fire and we started breaking out the food each of us brought.
Someone brought a can of green beans and we unanimously agreed we didn't need no stinking green beans.

So someone ( pretty sure it was me) just tossed that can right in to the fire. Then about a half hour or so later for some odd reason the fire just blew up.
I mean blew up as if a bomb went off. Seconds later our ears were ringing and we were sitting in total darkness.
And ALL around us on the ground for as far as we could see were these little orange glowing embers.

When I was a teen at a party with an outdoor fireplace, one of the guys put an unopened bottle of beer in the fireplace....and somebody was standing about 3 feet away when it blew...glass in the eyes....but he walked away.
(10-21-2017, 06:24 PM)Hugo Wrote:

?
What a weird comment, especially considering I haven't posted in this thread.
I'm doing quite well, Larry. The VA is paying me a pension because I served, unlike fauxpatriot you who was too busy doing meth. So enjoy your life in Hell.
(10-21-2017, 07:53 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 06:24 PM)Hugo Wrote:

?
What a weird comment, especially considering I haven't posted in this thread.
I'm doing quite well, Larry. The VA is paying me a pension because I served, unlike fauxpatriot you who was too busy doing meth. So enjoy your life in Hell.

Sounds like a passive aggressive 14 year old tossing out lame insults to me.  But, what do I know?
(10-21-2017, 07:47 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 06:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: I should start a "have you ever almost Darwined out thread."

When I was a teen at a party with an outdoor fireplace, one of the guys put an unopened bottle of beer in the fireplace....and somebody was standing about 3 feet away when it blew...glass in the eyes....but he walked away.

Wow what an idiot. You NEVER waste a beer.
(10-21-2017, 08:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Right?
(10-21-2017, 08:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Right?
Damn right Razz
(10-21-2017, 08:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-21-2017, 08:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Right?
Damn right Razz

It's said the W.C. fields was walking while wearing a sport coat and fell after tripping on the curb. He felt something wet on his side, reached his hand inside the sport coat, pulled it out and said, "Oh thank God...it's blood"
Edit:
(Can't tell a story worth a damn. Important to know he had a half/pint in the inside jacket of the sport coat)