Trick or Treat?
Evil It's about that time again. If the little ones come knocking I'll tear myself away from "Dancing With The Stars" and pass out sugar treats that will rot their teeth and by night's end make them puke. I'm okay with that. I no longer enjoy it, but I'm okay with it. I'll even treat the older drugged out foul smelling greasy ones that show up after 9 PM. 

But, I swear by all that's holy if I have to go to the store for milk and eggs and the clerk is decked out in a vampire costume I'm gonna lose (loose?) it! Enough already with adults behaving like children. 

Me? I'm soon as it's dark I'm dressing in an Abe Lincoln outfit. See, THAT's not strange.  Laughing
I love Halloween. It's my favorite time of year. But this year I'm closing up shop. No candy or treats. Not even a single jack 0 lantern. I always give candy to the awkward olders, but this year it's staying dark.
(10-22-2017, 08:36 PM)Wonky3https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/newreply.php?tid=18681&replyto=397376 Wrote: Evil It's about that time again. If the little ones come knocking I'll tear myself away from "Dancing With The Stars" and pass out sugar treats that will rot their teeth and by night's end make them puke. I'm okay with that. I no longer enjoy it, but I'm okay with it. I'll even treat the older drugged out foul smelling greasy ones that show up after 9 PM. 

But, I swear by all that's holy if I have to go to the store for milk and eggs and the clerk is decked out in a vampire costume I'm gonna lose (loose?) it! Enough already with adults behaving like children. 

Me? I'm soon as it's dark I'm dressing in an Abe Lincoln outfit. See, THAT's not strange.  Laughing

Abe Lincoln, that better then the Dolly Parton costume, you wear the rest of the year.
(10-23-2017, 06:57 AM)Juniper Wrote: I love Halloween. It's my favorite time of  year. But this  year I'm closing up shop. No candy or treats. Not even a single jack 0 lantern.   I always give candy to the awkward olders, but this  year it's staying dark.

We may do the same. Unlike you, Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays, but I do love the autumn so I guess it's all part of the season. And, I understand that so many people have lots of fun on Halloween. Party folks seem to really like to let it all out. 
I'm not sure why I have negative feelings about adults who don costumes on Halloween. I guess I simply think it's a kids tradition and the adults are somehow stealing the show. Whatever: I guess I should loosen up about it.
(10-23-2017, 07:11 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 06:57 AM)Juniper Wrote: I love Halloween. It's my favorite time of  year. But this  year I'm closing up shop. No candy or treats. Not even a single jack 0 lantern.   I always give candy to the awkward olders, but this  year it's staying dark.

We may do the same. Unlike you, Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays, but I do love the autumn so I guess it's all part of the season. And, I understand that so many people have lots of fun on Halloween. Party folks seem to really like to let it all out. 
I'm not sure why I have negative feelings about adults who don costumes on Halloween. I guess I simply think it's a kids tradition and the adults are somehow stealing the show. Whatever: I guess I should loosen up about it.

Definitely.  It's my kids favorite holiday also. And they are all adults.

One of the perks of living out where I do.  Trick or Treaters do not exist.
(10-23-2017, 07:16 AM)Juniper Wrote:

"Old Dogs, New Tricks" but I'll try Tia, I really will. It is a great time of the year, so I should learn to embrace the entire thing.
(10-23-2017, 07:19 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

"Old Dogs, New Tricks" but I'll try Tia, I really will. It is a great time of the year, so I should learn to embrace the entire thing.

Why bother?  If you don't like it, you don't like it.  No big deal., "Loosen up" doesn't mean  you have to like it. I love it and I'm not participating. Things are just the way the way they are.
(10-23-2017, 07:21 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 07:19 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Why bother?  If you don't like it, you don't like it.  No big deal., "Loosen up" doesn't mean  you have to like it. I love it and I'm not participating. Things are just the way the way they are.

Forgive me if I'm inching in a little too personal but it saddens me that you love it but for some reason don't want to be involved this year. Hope everything is okay.

I'm not sure why I have negative feelings about adults who don costumes on Halloween

Nor do I.Yes you should loosen up. I used to have Halloween parties in my shop. Everyone who came had to have a costume.
It was tons of fun
(10-23-2017, 07:19 AM)Hugo Wrote:

One of the perks of living out where I do.  Trick or Treaters do not exist.
Same with where I live only I don't see it as a perk.
(10-23-2017, 04:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm not sure why I have negative feelings about adults who don costumes on Halloween

Nor do I.Yes you should loosen up. I used to have Halloween parties in my shop. Everyone who came had to have a costume.
It was tons of fun

That point.
Where we just agree to not agree.
(10-23-2017, 04:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

It was tons of fun

That point.

You said I guess I should loosen up about it. I agreed, So where is there a disagreement?
This is how Halloween works at our house... or doesn't work depending on perspective. Around the 2nd week of October a couple of pumpkins find their way onto our front porch. Around the 25th or so the wife will bring home some treats for "the kids." By the 27th the treats are long gone  Eyebrows By the 31st it's lights out at dusk because we've eaten all the candy. At or around March of the following year we throw away the rotten pumpkins... this is also a good time to take down the x-mas lights. Okay, I am kinda mocking my neighbors here but you get the idea.
(10-23-2017, 06:00 PM)GCG Wrote: This is how Halloween works at our house... or doesn't work depending on perspective. Around the 2nd week of October a couple of pumpkins find their way onto our front porch. Around the 25th or so the wife will bring home some treats for "the kids." By the 27th the treats are long gone  Eyebrows By the 31st it's lights out at dusk because we've eaten all the candy. At or around March of the following year we throw away the rotten pumpkins... this is also a good time to take down the x-mas lights. Okay, I am kinda mocking my neighbors here but you get the idea.

Laughing Big Grin
(10-23-2017, 06:00 PM)GCG Wrote: This is how Halloween works at our house... or doesn't work depending on perspective. Around the 2nd week of October a couple of pumpkins find their way onto our front porch. Around the 25th or so the wife will bring home some treats for "the kids." By the 27th the treats are long gone  Eyebrows By the 31st it's lights out at dusk because we've eaten all the candy. At or around March of the following year we throw away the rotten pumpkins... this is also a good time to take down the x-mas lights. Okay, I am kinda mocking my neighbors here but you get the idea.

Embarrassed
(10-23-2017, 04:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It was tons of fun

That point.

You said I guess I should loosen up about it. I agreed, So where is there a disagreement?

Here we go again.  Wink
(and in doing so, jumping over some posts above...will get back to flow soon)
We DON'T disagree. We simply don't agree. 
I think if you want to dress up and do whatever in your shop you should do just that.
I don't want to do that.
So, we don't disagree, we just don't want to do the same things. 
So, we "agree to not agree". 
So, back to the ongoing conversation?
I'll take....................  a treat.

I don't trust you guys enough to pick a trick!

Eyebrows
(10-23-2017, 06:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 07:11 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: We may do the same. Unlike you, Halloween is not one of my favorite holidays, but I do love the autumn so I guess it's all part of the season. And, I understand that so many people have lots of fun on Halloween. Party folks seem to really like to let it all out. 

It was tons of fun

That point.

Here we go again.  Wink
I think if you want to dress up and do whatever in your shop you should do just that.
I don't want to do that.

AGAIN You said I guess I should loosen up about it.

And I agreed with you.

Jesus H Christ Wonky
(10-23-2017, 06:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 06:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-23-2017, 04:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: I'm not sure why I have negative feelings about adults who don costumes on Halloween

It was tons of fun

That point.

Here we go again.  Wink
I don't want to do that.

AGAIN You said I guess I should loosen up about it.

And I agreed with you.

Jesus H Christ Wonky
Damn it TV! 
I FIRST said I felt it was goofy and stupid (or words to that effect) for adults to don costumes on Halloween. 
After some conversation with Tia, I thought about it and mellowed a bit.
So, I DID loosen up a bit. I don't think it's goofy or stupid for YOU to put on a costume.
But I don't want to. And won't. But, loosen up I did!
Is this stuff really all that friggin' hard? 
I don't want to argue about EVERYTHING!