colder than they say
Channel 12 said it would be a low of 30 degrees tonight. Well I thought I could wait till tomorrow to put up my pressure washer and cover hose bibs.
Nope just got done doing all that. It is F***KING 21 or 22 degrees at ground level. And I have a flu or something. Sick as a dog with the green apple quick step.

I went out to check on my outside dog In his house that I insulated like crazy and it was 32 inside because I never made a door and I guess the cold just creeped right in.
So I just made one with bubble wrap with tonight and in just a few minutes it was up to 40. Plus he has two dog beds stuffed in there and a comforter LOL

Monday night a skunk sprayed him so that's why he's not in the house. I need a dog house heater.

I hate winter. I'm ready for spring already.
(12-06-2017, 04:15 AM)tvguy Wrote: Channel 12 said it would be a low of 30 degrees tonight. Well I thought I could wait till tomorrow to put up my pressure washer and cover hose bibs.
Nope just got done doing all that. It is F***KING 21 or 22 degrees at ground level. And I have a flu or something. Sick as a dog with the green apple quick step.

I went out to check on my outside dog In his house that I insulated like crazy and it was 32 inside because I never made a door and I guess the cold just creeped right in.
So I just made one with bubble wrap with tonight and in just a few minutes it was up to 40. Plus he has two dog beds stuffed in there and a comforter LOL

Monday night a skunk sprayed him so that's why he's not in the house. I need a dog house heater.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...iting.html

Laughing  (This was posted for fun, not to be taken seriously.  I hate that disclaimers are required....)
(12-06-2017, 04:15 AM)tvguy Wrote: Channel 12 said it would be a low of 30 degrees tonight. Well I thought I could wait till tomorrow to put up my pressure washer and cover hose bibs.

You can count on channel 12 to have the worst forecast track record ever since they shit canned Dan Pope.

Sickness this season has been crazy, we have not had a full staff at work in weeks.
Weather stuff cont:

Our Dish Network satellite service has a "weather interactive" channel for local weather, current and forecast. It is consistently right on the money. So I like to watch channel 12 forecast, then pull up the satellite weather so I can see how wrong they are.
(12-06-2017, 09:51 AM)GPnative Wrote: Weather stuff cont:

Our Dish Network satellite service has a "weather interactive" channel for local weather, current and forecast. It is consistently right on the money. So I like to watch channel 12 forecast, then pull up the satellite weather so I can see how wrong they are.

So is this Air Stagnation Advisory wrong or can you have stagnant air with 15 mph winds, gusts over 30? 
(12-06-2017, 06:51 AM)Hugo Wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...iting.html

Laughing  (This was posted for fun, not to be taken seriously.  I hate that disclaimers are required....)

But they are serious I guess? With the strength of today's cannabis I suppose it could be true but I doubt it is or that it affects very many people that way. BTW I'm not even close to being a heavy smoker Smiling
(12-06-2017, 10:09 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

So is this Air Stagnation Advisory wrong or can you have stagnant air with 15 mph winds, gusts over 30? 

When it was posted there was real air stagnation.

I think they take the temperature at the airport when they report the Central Point weather. I'm 80 feet lower in altitude where I live and I think that sometimes makes quite a bit of difference.
(12-06-2017, 02:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 10:09 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

This just doesn't make sense to me. 
[Image: Capture.JPG]

This Afternoon: Sunny, with a high near 47. Northeast wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

Tonight: Mostly clear, with a low around 33. North northeast wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 44. North northeast wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.

Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 29. North wind 8 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.

Friday: Sunny, with a high near 44. North wind around 8 mph.
I just checked my trusty weather app to see what the weather is like in Grants Pass this evening....
[Image: 3c3e856568d484727f98399d9aa0f29b.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(12-06-2017, 10:09 AM)Valuesize Wrote: So is this Air Stagnation Advisory wrong or can you have stagnant air with 15 mph winds, gusts over 30? 

Almost correct. Smiling

I decided to ask.... Smiling

Just a quick question. Our weather forecast includes an "air stagnation advisory", but the winds have been a steady 12+ mph with gusts sometimes over 30. How is it possible for those two things to be true if the definition of stagnation is "the state of not flowing or moving?"

Thank you,

Outstanding question. The reason why is that when it was first issued the winds weren't expected to reach that far south. However, we are still expecting the winds to slack off as the weekend approaches. This combined with the inversion that has been in place over the area, is what lead to the stagnation advisory to be put into place, as the inversion is keeping the air trapped at the lower levels.

We are seeing that the pollution amounts are increasing, via the Air Quality Monitors located in the Central and Southern Willamette Valley. Hopefully, that answers your question. Feel free to ask anymore if you have any. 

Regards,
Your NWS Portland Team

Edit: They answered my email in 9 minutes!  Surprised Pretty cool.....
(12-07-2017, 03:55 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 10:09 AM)Valuesize Wrote: So is this Air Stagnation Advisory wrong or can you have stagnant air with 15 mph winds, gusts over 30? 

Almost correct. Smiling

I decided to ask.... Smiling

Just a quick question. Our weather forecast includes an "air stagnation advisory", but the winds have been a steady 12+ mph with gusts sometimes over 30. How is it possible for those two things to be true if the definition of stagnation is "the state of not flowing or moving?"

Thank you,

Outstanding question. The reason why is that when it was first issued the winds weren't expected to reach that far south. However, we are still expecting the winds to slack off as the weekend approaches. This combined with the inversion that has been in place over the area, is what lead to the stagnation advisory to be put into place, as the inversion is keeping the air trapped at the lower levels.

We are seeing that the pollution amounts are increasing, via the Air Quality Monitors located in the Central and Southern Willamette Valley. Hopefully, that answers your question. Feel free to ask anymore if you have any. 

Regards,
Your NWS Portland Team

Edit: They answered my email in 9 minutes!  Surprised Pretty cool.....

Wow, They even made note that it was an 'outstanding question'. Those are the best kind. 

Try asking them a question about, how the planet Nebiru will effect our weather? I bet they won't get back to you at all.
Then again, weather men don't have anything better to do, then sit around and talk about the weather.
(12-07-2017, 08:30 PM)chuck white Wrote: Wow, They even made note that it was an 'outstanding question'. Those are the best kind. 

Try asking them a question about, how the planet Nebiru will effect our weather? I bet they won't get back to you at all.
Then again, weather men don't have anything better to do, then sit around and talk about the weather.

Knock yourself out. Smiling You should be able to C&P this email address...

w-pqr.webmaster@noaa.gov