Craigslist funny stuff
I thought this was interesting. I think this guy should talk more about his service. prices etc and less about what seems like putting down pet owners or basically lazy Americans. Not that I disagree but I think as a person offering a service his comments are out of place and unnecessary.
Also CL has sections for SERVICES OFFERED and he is in a for sale only section.

Dead rats for sale for animal or raptor feed ....

Looking for large infestation levels of rats around livestock and poultry.

I am motivated by the love of good dogs, the desire to keep traditional methods alive and corncern about the environment. It is my passion to keep poisons off farms and out of the food chain by offering an affordable farm service. We use not only our dogs but also the wealth of knowledge on rat behavior and farm management skills that we have acquired.

In America where we love to watch sports on TV, but few people actually play them., we find a similar issue with dogs. Our love affair with our canine pets rarely includes active work. My idea of fun is not sitting and watching dogs walk in circles for ribbons or breeding dogs that can't breath, my idea of fun is keeping useful dogs and chauffeuring them to farms as often as possible.

[Image: 00N0N_3QFigDVi1sf_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00707_dlv0VOh4CNR_600x450.jpg]
(01-08-2018, 03:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: I thought this was interesting. I think this guy should talk more about his service. prices etc and less about what seems like putting down pet owners or basically lazy Americans. Not that I disagree but I think as a person offering a service his comments are out of place and unnecessary.
Also CL has sections for SERVICES OFFERED and he is in a for sale only section.

Dead rats for sale for animal or raptor feed ....

Looking for large infestation levels of rats around livestock and poultry.

I am motivated by the love of good dogs, the desire to keep traditional methods alive and corncern about the environment. It is my passion to keep poisons off farms and out of the food chain by offering an affordable farm service. We use not only our dogs but also the wealth of knowledge on rat behavior and farm management skills that we have acquired.

In America where we love to watch sports on TV, but few people actually play them., we find a similar issue with dogs. Our love affair with our canine pets rarely includes active work. My idea of fun is not sitting and watching dogs walk in circles for ribbons or breeding dogs that can't breath, my idea of fun is keeping useful dogs and chauffeuring them to farms as often as possible.

[Image: 00N0N_3QFigDVi1sf_600x450.jpg]

[Image: 00707_dlv0VOh4CNR_600x450.jpg]

I think most folks would be surprised at just how prevalent rats are, whether you live in town or the country. I went to great lengths to seal our place up when we bought it. Lots of crawl space screens were missing or had holes. Never had a problem yet with any getting in, but I have trapped 8 in the past month in traps I keep set along the property perimeter.
Rats have become a big problem. I finally got two cats. They didn't fix the problem entirely, but it a huge improvement.
This is the first year I've caught a rat on my property. Usually I just see the occasional mouse every 3-4 years. The folks at the hardware store told me they've sold more rat traps this year then they ever have before. Seems there is a big jump in the rat population, wonder why?
(01-08-2018, 07:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote: This is the first year I've caught a rat on my property. Usually I just see the occasional mouse every 3-4 years. The folks at the hardware store told me they've sold more rat traps this year then they ever have before. Seems there is a big jump in the rat population, wonder why?

I don't know where you live, but the running FB rumour is that there has been a change in how vector control does it's  vectoring.

Big Grin
(01-08-2018, 07:13 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote: This is the first year I've caught a rat on my property. Usually I just see the occasional mouse every 3-4 years. The folks at the hardware store told me they've sold more rat traps this year then they ever have before. Seems there is a big jump in the rat population, wonder why?

I don't know where you live, but the running FB rumour is that there has been a change in how vector control does it's  vectoring.

Big Grin

I talked with someone I know in eastern Washington over the weekend and was told they are experiencing a boom in their rat population this year too.

I think I'll blame trump. And I have proof as concrete as SFL does for any claims.   Laughing

A few months back when Costco was still in Medford a rat ran across the road right in front of us, on the road behind Costco, in broad day light, we figured either his rat buddies dared him or the damn thing was rabid.  Big Grin
Why would anyone buy dead rats for animal or raptor feed.
When it's so easy to grow your own?
(01-08-2018, 07:47 PM)GPnative Wrote:

A few months back when Costco was still in Medford a rat ran across the road right in front of us, on the road behind Costco, in broad day light, we figured either his rat buddies dared him or the damn thing was rabid.  Big Grin

Where did it go? Was it replaced yet?

The field behind the old Costco is filled with feral cats...that's probably what they live on. That and the dumpster from Buffalo Wild Wings and the BBQ place.
(01-08-2018, 07:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Yes, it is in central point now. A hop, skip and jump from I5

Maybe he was an adrenaline junkie, like squirrels. You know squirrels are adrenaline junkies.   Laughing
(01-08-2018, 07:53 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Which is whole 'nuther topic. Because Table Rock Road is mess. It already was. Now it's nuts.
(01-09-2018, 06:30 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Which is whole 'nuther topic. Because Table Rock Road is mess. It already was. Now it's nuts.

They should have moved it to Sunny Valley. We don't have a traffic problem.
(01-09-2018, 08:44 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-09-2018, 06:30 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-08-2018, 07:47 PM)GPnative Wrote: A few months back when Costco was still in Medford a rat ran across the road right in front of us, on the road behind Costco, in broad day light, we figured either his rat buddies dared him or the damn thing was rabid.  Big Grin

They should have moved it to Sunny Valley. We don't have a traffic problem.

If they did, neither would they.   Big Grin
I don't buy enough to justify a Costco membership,
so no traffic problem for me. Big Grin
(01-10-2018, 09:24 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I don't buy enough to justify a Costco membership,

When they were in Medford, I got almost all of my gas there, and I think the savings on that probably paid for the annual fee.  The problem I have with the move is that I don't really have a reason to travel to Central Point.
(01-10-2018, 09:31 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(01-10-2018, 09:24 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I don't buy enough to justify a Costco membership,

When they were in Medford, I got almost all of my gas there, and I think the savings on that probably paid for the annual fee.  The problem I have with the move is that I don't really have a reason to travel to Central Point.

We have been done with Costco since they cut ties with Amex. The whole switch was a mess because they wouldn't give the accrued Amex cash back unless you paid for a membership to continue with Citibank, which sucks.

As to the gas, we have a few stations with the same or lower price without the lines so we never used them for gas anyway.
(01-10-2018, 09:31 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:

You must live north of Medford for the new Coscto to be farther away? But it's only 2 to 3 miles farther.

As far as the annual fee. We have the executive card where you get points when ever you buy. So normally at the  end of the year pay for the card. But the gas doesn't go toward the point. At least if I remember right is doesn't.
And like you said there are other gas stations just as cheap. Like Fred Meyer where we buy our groceries and the gas does go to points there.
So most often I get 20 cents or so off of what their pump price is Smiling.
Craigslist has a ton of morons buying and selling. I've always just figured that's what you have to deal with when you deal with the public.
But just try and sell something on Facebook. On any one of several sites. There is a site called Marketplace. And I'm not sure but I think that is a compilation of several sites.

I had an item on Craigslist for a week or two. I got like one response. I put the same item on FB and withing a couple of days there was about a dozen responses.
I though wow this is awesome. This must be the way to go.
But then when I started responding to the people. It turns out that almost every one of them was a F**KING IDIOT!!

Most had replied with the supplied phrase... "I am interested in this item" So I give them my tel number and NEVER hear from them again.
Two are three of them sent me a picture of some other sellers item asking me questions about it?? One of them who I told I don't have that item for sale said oops duh sorry, Only to do the exact same thing the next day Blink

One lady called me at 7 AM to tell me she was getting a draw or a money order and that she needed to pay something else but bla bla bla...And then finally said she would call back in a while... never to be heard from again.

I can't explain this but I think it has something to do with people instantly responding who didn't really think through what they wanted.
Kind of like a lot people just spout off on Facebook without giving what they say much REAL thought.