Craigslist funny stuff
I haven't figured out the crowd on the FB selling site.
I had something on Craigslist for 2 weeks... not a single inquiry. I put it on the FB Marketplace and had over 20 inquiries in 2 hours and sold/gone in 3 hours.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(01-12-2018, 01:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I had something on Craigslist for 2 weeks... not a single inquiry. I put it on the FB Marketplace and had over 20 inquiries in 2 hours and sold/gone in 3 hours.

Hmm. Well It might have a lot to do with what kind of item you are selling. Actually now that I think about it I know it does. Plus the price, amount of money and how good of a bargain it is would make a huge difference.

I also had lots of inquires but most were simply.. "I am interested in your item" to which I responded with my tel number. And never even got a reply.
My item was an auto part. IMO the people who use CL and look for this are more knowledgeable than the FB people who responded.

This may have something to do with why you were successful and I was not... based on the type of item.

facebook, which is used by 71% of the online population, is dominated by women (76 percent) as opposed to men (66 percent)
(01-12-2018, 01:03 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I haven't figured out the crowd on the FB selling site.

From what I can tell there sure are a lot of flakes.
(01-12-2018, 03:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 01:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I had something on Craigslist for 2 weeks... not a single inquiry. I put it on the FB Marketplace and had over 20 inquiries in 2 hours and sold/gone in 3 hours.

Hmm. Well It might have a lot to do with what kind of item you are selling. Actually now that I think about it I know it does. Plus the price, amount of money and how good of a bargain it is would make a huge difference.

I also had lots of inquires but most were simply.. "I am interested in your item" to which I responded with my tel number. And never even got a reply.
My item was an auto part. IMO the people who use CL and look for this are more knowledgeable than the FB people who responded.

This may have something to do with why you were successful and I was not... based on the type of item.

facebook, which is used by 71% of the online population, is dominated by women (76 percent) as opposed to men (66 percent)
My item was 4 wheels that came off a Tahoe. I purchased the wheels with tires... pulled the tires off and put them on my Tahoe. Sold the wheels.

(01-12-2018, 03:55 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-12-2018, 03:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:

My item was 4 wheels that came off a Tahoe. I purchased the wheels with tires... pulled the tires off and put them on my Tahoe. Sold the wheels.

What year Tahoe and how much did you get.. if you don't mind my asking? Big Grin
(01-10-2018, 09:24 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I don't buy enough to justify a Costco membership,
so no traffic problem for me. Big Grin

Well, I haven't been to the new  Costco yet. But I use the ROAD! And it's nuts!
Hippie ad
A pickup for sale from a guy in Ashland Blink

Selling this baby...we've been together for several years when I started school back in 2012. I drove him all the way from the Virginia beach, back to nashville and then made the adventure to the west coast with zero issues!
I've kept up with the maintenance since I've purchased it and the previous owner did the same! I believe I purchased it with 117,000 miles and now it's sitting at 172,222. These frontiers will last as long as you need them to as long as you give them some TLC..
it's extremely reliable! I was planning on getting a camper top for it but I decided that being exposed in the bed would be good for me.
74 in bed so perfect for yoga and ZzzzZzzz under the stars. I hate to let it go but unfortunately it's too small for me. I'm 6'3 so that's the only concern..weird but I have grown taller it appears and now spirit wants me to get something larger for my spine.
I have a friend selling me her Honda in a few days...I will use this money to purchase it. Reach out quickly if you have the money & serious!
This truck is truly blessed...hate to see it go but I know it's for the best and a young family or person would really appreciate. Shoot me a text and I'll send you more pictures.

Much love & light CL! Bless
Gee whiz Wally. this looks like a swell deal. Lets go to Grants Pass.

Honda Accord Sedan EX Low Miles - $1005 (grants pass)

[Image: 01616_g6fAeDzcJFj_600x450.jpg]
Yeah this is a real car for sale. And Elvis is alive.

Need gone ASAP. - $600 (Medford)

[Image: 00E0E_27gZAyJZ8v2_600x450.jpg]

craigslist - Map data OpenStreetMap
(google map)
1986 pontiac gto

VIN: 1234567890
condition: fair
cylinders: 8 cylinders
drive: rwd
fuel: gas
odometer: 12345
paint color: green
size: full-size
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: coupe

I am looking at getting rid of my deceased grandfathers car he left. Not sure what it is. Don't know much about cars. I now he put a new motor in it but car is old and ugly. I have no use for it.
The might be the dumbest person I've ever seen on Craigslist.

RE: Moto Van - $100000

1992 e350

fuel: other
title status: missing
transmission: other

Brandon
I don't have a phone (On Purpose!), Perhaps you could put your email link back. I am interested in coming to see it
Poor guy. It looks like a bunch of very unreasonable people are asking for pictures.The nerve of them Laughing

good transportation 118000mi. - $900 (Phoenix)

(google map)
1994 buick lesabre custom

condition: good
cylinders: 6 cylinders
drive: fwd
odometer: 118000
paint color: purple
size: mid-size
transmission: automatic

daily driver
new toyo tires <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
coils replaced/tuneup
not cosmetically perfect And no I WILL NOT SEND PICTURES AND YOU AIN'T SHOWING THIS CAR AT THE FAIR!!!!!!!!!
It will get you there though and it isn't hideous.
It will need a fuel pump but is a daily driver.
It has scratches and a used mirror on the passenger side [white mirror purple car] GOOD WORKING A/C IN THE TRUNK NEEDS INSTALLED/ a/c pulled from a running wrecked car. Will trade for running chainsaw in good condition.
MAKE OFFER I DO NOT NEED THIS CAR Trade ? CASH IS MOST EXCELLENT, LOW BALL ME I AM EASY , JUST DO NOT GO BELOW $400.
show contact info
(02-11-2018, 01:52 PM)tvguy Wrote: Poor guy. It looks like a bunch of very unreasonable people are asking for pictures.The nerve of them Laughing

(google map)

daily driver
coils replaced/tuneup
not cosmetically perfect And no I WILL NOT SEND PICTURES AND YOU AIN'T SHOWING THIS CAR AT THE FAIR!!!!!!!!!
It has scratches and a used mirror on the passenger side [white mirror purple car] GOOD WORKING A/C IN THE TRUNK NEEDS INSTALLED/ a/c pulled from a running wrecked car. Will trade for running chainsaw in good condition.
MAKE OFFER I DO NOT NEED THIS CAR Trade ? CASH IS MOST EXCELLENT, LOW BALL ME I AM EASY , JUST DO NOT GO BELOW $400.
show contact info

So, I wonder how that's working out for him?  I don't blame people for wanting a pic.  Recently though, I sold something on CL and the buyer was lost and texted me to do something on the phone to show where I am so she could see it. Thing is, I don't do much online anything from my phone. Most people have all the buttons and bells of technology figured out and use them.
(02-11-2018, 01:52 PM)tvguy Wrote: Poor guy. It looks like a bunch of very unreasonable people are asking for pictures.The nerve of them Laughing

(google map)

daily driver
coils replaced/tuneup
show contact info

I have a chainsaw I'll trade him. And no he can't see it until the trades done.
(02-11-2018, 02:00 PM)Juniper Wrote:

(google map)

daily driver
coils replaced/tuneup
show contact info

So, I wonder how that's working out for him?  I don't blame people for wanting a pic.  Recently though, I sold something on CL and the buyer was lost and texted me to do something on the phone to show where I am so she could see it. Thing is, I don't do much online anything from my phone. Most people have all the buttons and bells of technology figured out and use them.
  I don't blame people for wanting a pic

No of course not. Most of the people I deal with can text me a pic when asked. But this guy seems vet annoyed that people are asking when he should expect people to ask.

Recently though, I sold something on CL and the buyer was lost and texted me to do something on the phone to show where I am so she could see it.

I'm not sure what exactly he or she wanted. If you don't mind people coming to your house just put the address in the map section on Craigslist.
If someone can't find me I just tell them to call when they get close. Even using a GPS people get about 200 yards from my house and then I guess the GPD says they have arrived LOL.
I guess I could have that updated or something.
(02-11-2018, 02:09 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

(google map)

daily driver
coils replaced/tuneup
show contact info

I have a chainsaw I'll trade him. And no he can't see it until the trades done.

Other than the "It will need a fuel pump" part it could be a good deal for someone. I wonder how he knows that? Plus a fuel pump is no easy task because it's in the gas tank.
I saw a car for sale for 400 bucks. It had 118,000 miles and had a 5.0 or a 302 ford engine. That would have been with an electronic ignition and it was fuel injected.
So anyway I noticed it because of the engine.

A couple days later I saw an add for the same care for the same price. This guy bought the car. It was delivered to his apt complex. I guess he never gave the guy a test drive because he says the only gear that works is reverse.
Poor guy I felt sorry for him. He and his wife are disabled. I called him and gave him the best advice I could on how to trouble shoot the problem etc.

It sounds like he was ripped off to me but I have no idea how anyone could make a bad automatic tranny run temporally.
Free FIREWOOD??! I think free BRUSH PILE is a tad more accurate.

https://medford.craigslist.org/zip/d/fir...67982.html

[Image: 00808_8m1IsMuZFaG_600x450.jpg]

Mix of Pine and fruit trees. Some from last season some from today
(02-13-2018, 10:49 AM)GPnative Wrote: Free FIREWOOD??! I think free BRUSH PILE is a tad more accurate.

Yeah some people think the free section is the alternative to the dump.
(02-13-2018, 11:30 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 10:49 AM)GPnative Wrote: Free FIREWOOD??! I think free BRUSH PILE is a tad more accurate.

Yeah some people think the free section is the alternative to the dump.

I wonder if he would let me burn it right where it sits?