On Facebook.. I bet this scares some of you
(02-25-2018, 02:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 01:15 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:36 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:20 AM)chuck white Wrote: No, the earphone jack and the mic jack on the side.

Oh, OK.

I just have one question. What makes any of you think anyone gives a shit about what you are doing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz

Ever hear of Snowden?

Yeah John on Game of thrones Laughing

Anyway what's he have to do with anything. He stole info by copying it. Do YOU have info worth stealing?

I think you  have to remember that Snowden suffered from a morality crisis. He saw how citizens were being spied upon.  One of the things that bothered Snowden most was that everyday citizens with nothing to hide were being randomly spied upon by the government. Everyone was fair game.  And available to be monitored...which is how they find targets.  I think focusing on the fact that he copied information from the Government misses the point.  I know a lot of people come down on either side of the fence when it comes to Snowden.  Hero or Traitor?   I don't think he made his decision or actions in anyway lightly.  I think he's paying the price for that choice.
(02-25-2018, 02:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:36 AM)Juniper Wrote: Oh, OK.

I just have one question. What makes any of you think anyone gives a shit about what you are doing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz

Ever hear of Snowden?

Anyway what's he have to do with anything. He stole info by copying it. Do YOU have info worth stealing?

I think you  have to remember that Snowden suffered from a morality crisis. He saw how citizens were being spied upon.  One of the things that bothered Snowden most was that everyday citizens with nothing to hide were being randomly spied upon by the government. Everyone was fair game.  And available to be monitored...which is how they find targets.  I think focusing on the fact that he copied information from the Government misses the point.  I know a lot of people come down on either side of the fence when it comes to Snowden.  Hero or Traitor?   I don't think he made his decision or actions in anyway lightly.  I think he's paying the price for that choice.

I think focusing on the fact that he copied information from the Government misses the point.

Not when the "point" being discusses was someone hacking in to your PC using your camera or whatever.
He didn't do that so why bring him up?

Anyway my opinion of Snowden is not good regardless of his intentions.
From what I read he put people lives at risk with his meddling.
(02-25-2018, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 12:52 PM)tvguy Wrote: I just have one question. What makes any of you think anyone gives a shit about what you are doing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz

Ever hear of Snowden?

I think focusing on the fact that he copied information from the Government misses the point.

Not when the "point" being discusses was someone hacking in to your PC using your camera or whatever.

He was a hero, for risking his own liberty and freedom, to inform the American people, about how out of control our government as become.
(02-25-2018, 12:52 PM)tvguy Wrote: I just have one question. What makes any of you think anyone gives a shit about what you are doing Laughing Laughing Razz Razz

Ever hear of Snowden?

He witnessed it being done.  He was involved in assignments where it was done, so that's why bring him up.  I think this is a tricky question...lives are put at risk all the time with Government assignments. His 'meddling' was about revealing Government meddling.  I don't think this was a decision he came to lightly.
(02-25-2018, 05:27 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 01:15 PM)chuck white Wrote: Ever hear of Snowden?

He was a hero, for risking his own liberty and freedom, to inform the American people, about how out of control our government as become.

OK he risked his freedom. Not his life, But OK somewhat heroic. Although IMO misguided.
(02-25-2018, 11:20 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 08:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 08:19 PM)chuck white Wrote: I have a card board flap over my camera, it can be flipped up to use.
I also have a dead mic plugged into the jack on the side.

Do you mean the port?  Both of mine are occupied...one by the connection to the cooling unit and the other to the wireless mouse.

No, the earphone jack and the mic jack on the side.

Oh, OK.

I just have one question. What makes any of you think anyone gives a shit about what you are doing
We could go on.. the point is not having anything anyone wants to see... It's simply the right to privacy.. you may rue the day with your attitude on this someday.https://www.cbsnews.com/news/610k-settlement-in-school-webcam-spy-case/

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
(02-27-2018, 08:11 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:20 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 08:42 PM)Juniper Wrote: Do you mean the port?  Both of mine are occupied...one by the connection to the cooling unit and the other to the wireless mouse.

No, the earphone jack and the mic jack on the side.

Oh, OK.

I just have one question. What makes any of you think anyone gives a shit about what you are doing
We could go on..  the point is not having anything anyone wants to see... It's simply the right to privacy..  you may rue the day with your attitude on this someday.https://www.cbsnews.com/news/610k-settlement-in-school-webcam-spy-case/

Oh, Geez, I agree with CP on something. Twitch
(02-28-2018, 07:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 08:11 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 11:20 AM)chuck white Wrote: No, the earphone jack and the mic jack on the side.

Oh, OK.

We could go on..  the point is not having anything anyone wants to see... It's simply the right to privacy..  you may rue the day with your attitude on this someday.https://www.cbsnews.com/news/610k-settlement-in-school-webcam-spy-case/

Oh, Geez, I agree with CP on something. Twitch

you may rue the day with your attitude on this someday

And monkeys may fly out my ass. Elvis may still be alive. Anyway tell me about my right to privacy WHEN I lose it, not when people think I have or will.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Awkward and eccentric, that's how friends and former classmates of Phillip Durachinsky described the man they once knew.

Nowadays, he's known as a cyber-creep and federal prosecutors want him locked up for more than a decade. The North Royalton native has already spent a year behind bars, charged with spreading voyeuristic malware to thousands of computers and using it to spy on unsuspecting men, women and children.

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/i...iz_to.html
(03-02-2018, 12:55 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Awkward and eccentric, that's how friends and former classmates of Phillip Durachinsky described the man they once knew.

Nowadays, he's known as a cyber-creep and federal prosecutors want him locked up for more than a decade. The North Royalton native has already spent a year behind bars, charged with spreading voyeuristic malware to thousands of computers and using it to spy on unsuspecting men, women and children.

http://www.cleveland.com/court-justice/i...iz_to.html

Interesting that the video "How to keep your MAC safe" was all about having anti virus software and being careful what you download. And didn't say anything about disabling you mike or covering up your camera. Anyway I'll concede that covering your camera lens is not a bad idea. I don't have a built in camera anyway.
James Comey: "I saw something in the news, so I copied it. I put a piece of tape — I have obviously a laptop, personal laptop — I put a piece of tape over the camera. Because I saw somebody smarter than I am had a piece of tape over their camera."
(03-02-2018, 03:00 PM)Juniper Wrote: James Comey:  "I saw something in the news, so I copied it. I put a piece of tape — I have obviously a laptop, personal laptop — I put a piece of tape over the camera. Because I saw somebody smarter than I am had a piece of tape over their camera."

Yeah I saw that LOL... It reminds me of all the people who hide the license plate on the car they are selling.
They don't know why the do it. Other than the fact that others do it.