Another day... another school shooting in America
(03-02-2018, 10:04 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(03-02-2018, 09:42 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Anyone catch this article?

Many Americans can buy a gun in less than an hour. In some countries, the process takes months. Here are the basic steps for how most people buy a gun in 15 of them. Many countries have exceptions for specialized professions, and local laws vary.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018...d=tw-share

Isn't nice to know, that if you want to buy a gun, you can.
And not have to wait for some pencil neck civil servants, to process your form.
Yes and someone who thinks they might be in danger can buy and get a gun that might just save their life.
(03-02-2018, 10:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: What is it about this article that make you want to post it? You didn't know for a fee you can get a nearly instant background check and buy a gun in less than an hour?

I'm all for it.

Simple., I posted it for what it is. A comparison of mostly industrialized countries.

Many Americans can buy a gun in less than an hour. In some countries, the process takes months. Here are the basic steps for how most people buy a gun in 15 of them. Many countries have exceptions for specialized professions, and local laws vary.

You can also get glasses, an oil change, in and out burgers, a hair cut, in less than an hour, big deal.
(03-03-2018, 02:57 PM)GPnative Wrote:

You can also get glasses, an oil change, in and out burgers, a hair cut, in less than an hour, big deal.

Laughing Laughing
(03-03-2018, 05:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

But try to registering a car at the DMV...could take over an hour.
(03-03-2018, 06:09 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Maybe your DMV. I'm usually impressed how quickly I can get in and out of the DMV here.

Where I register my car and get new stickers I do it all and the I&M place where they test your emissions.
(03-04-2018, 03:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Maybe your DMV. I'm usually impressed how quickly I can get in and out of the DMV here.

Where I register my car and get new stickers I do it all and the I&M place where they test your emissions.

Yeah, I get through there pretty fast too. But I usually try to pick an off peak time.
(03-04-2018, 03:53 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 02:57 PM)GPnative Wrote: You can also get glasses, an oil change, in and out burgers, a hair cut, in less than an hour, big deal.

Laughing Laughing

Yeah, I get through there pretty fast too. But I usually try to pick an off peak time.

The DEQ I use has live cams on their website showing the cars in line.
(03-04-2018, 06:38 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 05:11 PM)tvguy Wrote: Laughing Laughing

It has a drive up window?
(03-04-2018, 07:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 06:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: But try to registering a car at the DMV...could take over an hour.

More like drive through.   Smiling
(03-03-2018, 06:09 PM)chuck white Wrote: But try to registering a car at the DMV...could take over an hour.

I thought you were talking about a DEQ testing site where you CAN register your car. Anything else you need to go to the DMV, which is 1 1/2 hours min.
(03-04-2018, 08:00 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 03:34 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe your DMV. I'm usually impressed how quickly I can get in and out of the DMV here.

I thought you were talking about a DEQ testing site where you CAN register your car. Anything else you need to go to the DMV, which is 1 1/2 hours min.

Laughing Laughing No I believe Cuzz and I were both talking about the lines at the DMV. I missed the part where you sad DEQ

Anyway I've never had to wait  1/2 hours. I've gone in there when there were only 4 people or so in front of me.
(03-04-2018, 08:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: Laughing Laughing No I believe Cuzz and I were both talking about the lines at the DMV. I missed the part where you sad DEQ

Anyway I've never had to wait  1/2 hours. I've gone in there when there were only 4 people or so in front of me.

I don't know what I&M means. "I&M place where they test your emissions."  I  thought DEQ.
(03-04-2018, 08:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 08:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: Laughing Laughing No I believe Cuzz and I were both talking about the lines at the DMV. I missed the part where you sad DEQ

I don't know what I&M means. "I&M place where they test your emissions."  I  thought DEQ.

I'm still calling it what it USED to be called LOL. I have no idea when they changed it to DEQ.

I had to look it up. It means inspection and maintenance

Vehicle Emissions Inspection and Maintenance (I/M): Policy, Guidance and Test Procedures
(03-04-2018, 08:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 08:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I'm still calling it what it USED to be called LOL. I have no idea when they changed it to DEQ.

I had to look it up. It means inspection and maintenance

Vehicle Emissions Inspection and Maintenance (I/M): Policy, Guidance and Test Procedures

It's closed now. Smiling

[Image: readImage.asp]
(03-04-2018, 10:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote: It's closed now. Smiling

[Image: readImage.asp]

Yeah, but no lines!!
I'm outside the test boundary area now anyway. IF I should ever move again it would likely be somewhere like Garibaldi. No DEQ there either.

Who could have guessed the HS shooting thread would end up at the DMV? lol That's RVF for ya.... Laughing
(03-04-2018, 10:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I'm outside the test boundary area now anyway. IF I should ever move again it would likely be somewhere like Garibaldi. No DEQ there either.

Who could have guessed the HS shooting thread would end up at the DMV? lol That's RVF for ya.... Laughing

And it's why I click on all threads.

IF I should ever move again it would likely be somewhere like Garibaldi. No DEQ there either.

I don't mind being tested. It's only ten bucks and you get your new stickers right there at the inspection station
(03-05-2018, 01:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-04-2018, 10:24 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I'm outside the test boundary area now anyway. IF I should ever move again it would likely be somewhere like Garibaldi. No DEQ there either.

IF I should ever move again it would likely be somewhere like Garibaldi. No DEQ there either.

I don't mind being tested. It's only ten bucks and you get your new stickers right there at the inspection station

Well when your car can't pass and the repairs would cost more than the car is worth, it's nice to not have to go through it.
(03-05-2018, 03:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(03-05-2018, 01:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well when your car can't pass and the repairs would cost more than the car is worth, it's nice to not have to go through it.

Absolutely. Did you know new cars don't have to be tested
2018 2017 2016