Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(03-10-2018, 07:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I tried the Netflix app on my phone today. You can now download a show or movie when you have wifi and watch it later when you don't have it, like say driving. Nifty.  Big Grin

I feel so safe. Neutral
When I watch Netflix and the shows sound gets intense I get horrible crackling noises and occasionally the mid and high range sound goes off. The only way to restore regular sound is to turn the entire TV off. (which also turns the device off) It did it last time I had it and watched with my Chromecast device. Now I use a Roku device and it does the exact same thing. Anybody else get this?
(03-10-2018, 08:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 07:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I tried the Netflix app on my phone today. You can now download a show or movie when you have wifi and watch it later when you don't have it, like say driving. Nifty.  Big Grin

I feel so safe. Neutral

Well I WAS watching Comedians in Cars Drinking Coffee.  Razz
(03-10-2018, 08:14 PM)Valuesize Wrote: When I watch Netflix and the shows sound gets intense I get horrible crackling noises and occasionally the mid and high range sound goes off. The only way to restore regular sound is to turn the entire TV off. (which also turns the device off) It did it last time I had it and watched with my Chromecast device. Now I use a Roku device and it does the exact same thing. Anybody else get this?

Never had a problem like that, I would suspect your TV has the problem since it is happening over multiple devices.
(03-10-2018, 09:43 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 08:14 PM)Valuesize Wrote: When I watch Netflix and the shows sound gets intense I get horrible crackling noises and occasionally the mid and high range sound goes off. The only way to restore regular sound is to turn the entire TV off. (which also turns the device off) It did it last time I had it and watched with my Chromecast device. Now I use a Roku device and it does the exact same thing. Anybody else get this?

Never had a problem like that, I would suspect your TV has the problem since it is happening over multiple devices.

It happens only with Netflix though. Hmm
(03-10-2018, 09:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I have occasionally had some Netflix issues with picture.  It only happens on Netflix and will only happen on one show and only happen temporarily, although that may be hours. Then it stops.  Then, months later, it will occur again on some other show at some other time. Only on my television not from a computer.
(03-11-2018, 08:01 AM)Juniper Wrote:

I have occasionally had some Netflix issues with picture.  It only happens on Netflix and will only happen on one show and only happen temporarily, although that may be hours. Then it stops.  Then, months later, it will occur again on some other show at some other time. Only on my television not from a computer.

For me, the picture quality is often quite blurry. But it only happens when I first launch a show and if I reload it enough times, the problem goes away. Also, there are times when the show stalls and my TV turns off on its own... then it turns back on and I have to reload Netflix and start over. But I think it's more of a problem with my Smart TV and wireless router than with Netflix. We never have the problem on our other TV, which hooks to Netflix via a different router and a BlueRay player.
(03-11-2018, 09:13 AM)GCG Wrote:

For me, the picture quality is often quite blurry. But it only happens when I first launch a show and if I reload it enough times, the problem goes away. Also, there are times when the show stalls and my TV turns off on its own... then it turns back on and I have to reload Netflix and start over. But I think it's more of a problem with my Smart TV and wireless router than with Netflix. We never have the problem on our other TV, which hooks to Netflix via a different router and a BlueRay player.

If it starts blurry, give it a couple minutes to clear up, it almost always will as Netflix app optimizes available bandwidth.

Yes, that is odd then.
Has anyone watched The Handmaid's Tale? My daughter raves about it. I think it's on HULU.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(03-11-2018, 09:58 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Has anyone watched The Handmaid's Tale? My daughter raves about it. I think it's on HULU.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

It's on Hulu.  I haven't watched it, but it's gotten a lot of good reviews.
(03-11-2018, 09:42 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 09:13 AM)GCG Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 09:43 PM)GPnative Wrote: Never had a problem like that, I would suspect your TV has the problem since it is happening over multiple devices.

If it starts blurry, give it a couple minutes to clear up, it almost always will as Netflix app optimizes available bandwidth.

I only have the problem with Netflix...it shows a pixalated  picture and not all in the frame...time doesn't clear it up.  Sometimes going in and out of Netflix does, other times I just have to give up and try another day.
(03-04-2018, 03:07 PM)Juniper Wrote: I enjoyed "End of the f**ing world"

I'm going on ep 7. It's good. Strange but good.
(03-14-2018, 10:22 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

You are pretty gnarly for a girl ya know....  Twitch Laughing
(03-14-2018, 11:05 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

You are pretty gnarly for a girl ya know....  Twitch  Laughing

Embarrassed

I just like stories that seem to deal honestly with emotions and actions...If I can believe it I'm pretty much there regardless of  how dark it gets.
(03-15-2018, 06:23 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Embarrassed

I just like stories that seem to deal honestly with emotions and actions...If I can believe it I'm pretty much there regardless of  how dark it gets.
Honesty? Realism? Good luck with that in most movies. This is why I watch so many reality TV shows and documentaries.
(03-16-2018, 01:00 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Embarrassed

Honesty? Realism? Good luck with that in most movies. This is why I watch so many reality TV shows and documentaries.

Well, I'm pretty picky. I good with a good dose of dark humor also.
(03-16-2018, 01:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 10:22 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I'm going on ep 7. It's good. Strange but good.

Embarrassed

When I see "dark humor" I instantly think of Tom Hanks in the Lady Killers.
(03-16-2018, 03:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-14-2018, 11:05 PM)Valuesize Wrote: You are pretty gnarly for a girl ya know....  Twitch  Laughing

Embarrassed

I think of The Full Monty, Trainspotting 1 and  2 (VERY dark) Fight Club, Shaun of the Dead, Snatch, Fargo, In Bruges, The Chumscrubber and a lot of others.  Tim Burton sometimes is very funny and also the Cohen Brothers do it well.
(03-16-2018, 03:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-16-2018, 03:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-15-2018, 06:23 PM)Juniper Wrote: Embarrassed

I think of The Full Monty, Trainspotting 1 and  2 (VERY dark) Fight Club, Shaun of the Dead, Snatch, Fargo, In Bruges, The Chumscrubber and a lot of others.  Tim Burton sometimes is very funny and also the Cohen Brothers do it well.

You think of ALL that from just hearing the word dark humor? Blink Big Grin  Fargo is a great example. Or Pulp fiction.