I fired up the AC today
It's about 85 outside. My wife wanted it on and she's the boss.
My attic fan is not on dammit. I hope the motor is not dead.

I can't wait to get a smart meter and see what it tells me I didn't already know.
(05-13-2018, 04:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's about 85 outside. My wife wanted it on and she's the boss.

I can't wait to get a smart meter and see what it tells me I didn't already know.

91 right now after a high of 94 here. I just tested mine for 5 min and she's ready to keep me KKKOOL all summer.  Big Grin
(05-13-2018, 04:13 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's about 85 outside. My wife wanted it on and she's the boss.

85 outside? Did your AC cool it down any out there? HAHAHAHA! Damn I'm a riot. I'm in charge of our thermostat. But at our house I tend to use the INSIDE air temp as a guage as to when to turn it on.  Big Grin For me, 74 is the bubble. If it hits 74 inside early in the day I'll run the AC... If it hits as the sun is going down I'll ride it out with the windows open. Perfect inside temp for me is 71-72F. BTW, I bought a new AC unit about a year ago. Last year our summer power bill averaged almost $100 less per month as previous years...
(05-13-2018, 05:07 PM)GCG Wrote:

85 outside? Did your AC cool it down any out there? HAHAHAHA! Damn I'm a riot. I'm in charge of our thermostat. But at our house I tend to use the INSIDE air temp as a guage as to when to turn it on.  Big Grin For me, 74 is the bubble. If it hits 74 inside early in the day I'll run the AC... If it hits as the sun is going down I'll ride it out with the windows open. Perfect inside temp for me is 71-72F. BTW, I bought a new AC unit about a year ago. Last year our summer power bill averaged almost $100 less per month as previous years...

I have a laser thermometer thingamabob but The AC had already been running a while so I didn't actuality know how hot it was inside.So I thought I would just mention the outside temp. Smiling

I bought a new AC unit about a year ago. Last year our summer power bill averaged almost $100 less per month as previous years..

Holy shit 100 a month? You must have had a really inefficient AC before....  Or and I bet there's some other variables.
How big is your house? The most I pay extra for AC in a month was 100 bucks last august.
(05-13-2018, 05:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I have a laser thermometer thingamabob but The AC had already been running a while so I didn't actuality know how hot it was inside.So I thought I would just mention the outside temp. Smiling

I bought a new AC unit about a year ago. Last year our summer power bill averaged almost $100 less per month as previous years..

Holy shit 100 a month? You must have had a really inefficient AC before....  Or and I bet there's some other variables.
How big is your house? The most I pay extra for AC in a month was 100 bucks last august.

In prior years we left the windows open when running the AC... just doing our part to combat global warming.  Laughing
(05-13-2018, 06:16 PM)GCG Wrote:

In prior years we left the windows open when running the AC... just doing our part to combat global warming.  Laughing
That reminds of years ago when I listened to Rush Limbaugh and he was claiming the average temperature of the USA was not really rising like climatologists were claiming.
This was back when I was learning the value of AM radio to get the truth out rather than relying on experts.
Rush and or the experts told how the temperature stations that reported an increase in temp had their instruments next to black asphalt.
And one was even close to the exhaust of an air conditioner. And then Rush the genius came up with the comment that considering how many air conditioners there were then the hot air blowing outside must be heating our atmosphere.

Many things fall short of Rush's expertise but with his audience he doesn't care any more than they care.

Anyway anyone reading this who doesn't already know. An air conditioner does not create heat. It just moves it from one place to another.
(05-14-2018, 10:45 AM)tvguy Wrote:

That reminds of years ago when I listened to Rush Limbaugh and he was claiming the average temperature of the USA was not really rising like climatologists were claiming.
This was back when I was learning the value of AM radio to get the truth out rather than relying on experts.
Rush and or the experts told how the temperature stations that reported an increase in temp had their instruments next to black asphalt.
And one was even close to the exhaust of an air conditioner. And then Rush the genius came up with the comment that considering how many air conditioners there were then the hot air blowing outside must be heating our atmosphere.

Many things fall short of Rush's expertise but with his audience he doesn't care any more than they care.

Anyway anyone reading this who doesn't already know. An air conditioner does not create heat. It just moves it from one place to another.

Wrong , AC do create heat on top of the heat they move. If AC didn't create heat, it would use no power.
(05-14-2018, 05:17 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-13-2018, 05:07 PM)GCG Wrote: 85 outside? Did your AC cool it down any out there? HAHAHAHA! Damn I'm a riot. I'm in charge of our thermostat. But at our house I tend to use the INSIDE air temp as a guage as to when to turn it on.  Big Grin For me, 74 is the bubble. If it hits 74 inside early in the day I'll run the AC... If it hits as the sun is going down I'll ride it out with the windows open. Perfect inside temp for me is 71-72F. BTW, I bought a new AC unit about a year ago. Last year our summer power bill averaged almost $100 less per month as previous years...

Wrong , AC do create heat on top of the heat they move. If AC didn't create heat, it would use no power.

No shit Sherlock. But you still knew exactly what I meant.  ANY machine with a motor creates heat, not to mention there was heat created to create the electrical power that runs the machine.

The SIMPLE FUCKING point was the exhaust of an AC is not CREATED heat. It's just heat removed from inside the room.
(05-15-2018, 01:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-13-2018, 05:33 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have a laser thermometer thingamabob but The AC had already been running a while so I didn't actuality know how hot it was inside.So I thought I would just mention the outside temp. Smiling

No shit Sherlock. But you still knew exactly what I meant.  ANY machine with a motor creates heat, not to mention there was heat created to create the electrical power that runs the machine.

The SIMPLE FUCKING point was the exhaust of an AC is not CREATED heat. It's just heat removed from inside the room.

You would hope the engineers who designed the AC, would have directed the heat from the motor to the exhaust and not into the part of the house your trying to cool.
So it's the heat removed plus the heat to remove it.

The AC have a SEER value
This is the ratio of watts removed per watt used.
So with a SEER of 15, then 1/16 of the heat in the exhaust is new heat.
(05-15-2018, 09:40 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-15-2018, 01:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-13-2018, 06:16 PM)GCG Wrote: In prior years we left the windows open when running the AC... just doing our part to combat global warming.  Laughing

You would hope the engineers who designed the AC, would have directed the heat from the motor to the exhaust and not into the part of the house your trying to cool.
So it's the heat removed plus the heat to remove it.

The AC have a SEER  value
This is the ratio of watts HEAT removed per watt used.
So with a SEER of 15, then 1/16 of the heat in the exhaust is new heat.

I fixed that I think.

SEER stands for Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio. The SEER measures air conditioning and heat pump cooling efficiency, which is calculated by the cooling output for a typical cooling season divided by the total electric energy input during the same time frame. ... A higher SEER rating means greater energy efficiency.

In prior years we left the windows open when running the AC... just doing our part to combat global warming. 

Lol bull crap.... The pump takes power to run and heat is the bi product.... The compressor side also creates heat.... Heat bi product of compression....

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
(05-16-2018, 09:39 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(05-13-2018, 05:07 PM)GCG Wrote: 85 outside? Did your AC cool it down any out there? HAHAHAHA! Damn I'm a riot. I'm in charge of our thermostat. But at our house I tend to use the INSIDE air temp as a guage as to when to turn it on.  Big Grin For me, 74 is the bubble. If it hits 74 inside early in the day I'll run the AC... If it hits as the sun is going down I'll ride it out with the windows open. Perfect inside temp for me is 71-72F. BTW, I bought a new AC unit about a year ago. Last year our summer power bill averaged almost $100 less per month as previous years...

In prior years we left the windows open when running the AC... just doing our part to combat global warming. 

Lol bull crap.... The pump takes power to run and heat is the bi product.... The compressor side also creates heat.... Heat bi product of compression....

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

You must have no clue how refrigeration works.  What part is "The pump" ? Blink

There is a compressor with a motor and another motor for the blower ( fan). Of course these motors create some heat. But a tiny fraction compared to the heat that blows out of the back of unit.
That heat you feel blowing on you when you are outside and walk past an AC is heat that was removed from inside the house. NOT heat that was created from the motors.

I bet your real issue is that I made fun of the world class idiot.. YOUR Jim Jones... Rush Laughing 
 Most people who deny climate change simply deny its cause by humans. Even those dumb shits usually admit our climate is really warming.
But not Rush

Here is a few examples of how STUPID Limbaugh is and how stupid and gullible anyone who listens to his bullshit.
He even explains how our God would never let us destroy our planet Laughing Laughing

LIMBAUGH...I happen to believe in God. I believe in a loving, brilliant - I know that this - there is no way, I don't want to sound simpleton here, but there is not - it is not possible that we would be created by a creator in such a way that we would destroy by virtue of our created existence our own planet and environment. It just doesn't compute and yet that's what these people are trying to tell us. [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 2/2/11]

LIMBAUGH: The plan is for the U.S. Department of Education, the EPA, and the Council for Environmental Quality to develop the criteria this spring and summer and to issue the call for applications early in the fall. All based on a hoax. All based on a fraud. All based on global warming, which by the way, is a religion. It's proponents cannot prove it. Belief in global warming requires faith because there is no evidence. There is no evidence of manmade destructive climate change, global warming, what have you. The evidence that we have suggests that the whole thing has been a hoax and a fraud. And yet, the left marches on, not educating but indoctrinating. And so now schools will be indoctrinating children to be good environmental citizens, which means wards of the state. [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 5/17/11]

Quote:LIMBAUGH: When you have a bunch of bureaucrats with the power guiding them that says greenhouse gases constitute a danger to the public health and welfare, there's no limits on them. I mean, when you're fighting danger, when you're fighting elements harmful to the public health and welfare, you can define anything you want however you need in order to exercise unchecked federal power. Martial law based on a hoax is one way of putting it. Now a greenhouse gas - one of them is what you exhale. Carbon dioxide, greenhouse gas, you exhale it and somehow we've gotten to the point where that is destroying the planet.

Quote:NEWT GINGRICH (audio clip): I actually don't know whether global warming is occurring. The vast majority of the National Academy of Science says it is; a minority says it is not. Science is not actually voted on; science is a function of truth.
LIMBAUGH: Newt, Newt, Newt, Newt. No!
GINGRICH (audio clip): What I do know is that -- that if you look at exactly what's said in that ad, finding innovative new ways of getting cleaner energy ought to be something most Americans feel pretty comfortable with.
LIMBAUGH: See, this is what happens. He just went five sentences too far. There isn't any global warming. I mean, even the NASA people, they're now trying to explain why the cooling is taking place, and they're trying to come up with all kinds of lies and escape-hatch reasons why there isn't any warming, it's some temporary thing. There is no global warming. It's getting colder. The charts, the data, it all proves it. And so to say that conservatives need to be in the middle of the debate over the environment, we need to be in the middle of killing -- it is nothing more than a left-wing political weapon aimed at growing government, limiting freedom, raising taxes by blaming people for causing climate destruction, and the way you make 'em pay for it, save the planet, is to raise their taxes. [Premiere Radio Networks, The Rush Limbaugh Show, 11/09/11]
The ice doesn't lie.
Look at the ice caps. They are loosing their volume.

[Image: BPIOMASIceVolumeAnomalyCurrentV2.1.png]
(05-17-2018, 12:58 PM)chuck white Wrote: The ice doesn't lie.

Of course the planet is warming. But when Al Gore brought this to our attention it IMMEDIATELY became political to far right MORONS.
They even denied that any warming was happening. The look VERY stupid now as well as the mental midgets who listened to talk radio entertainers.
Now most of them admit the earth is warming but they switched to saying it's just the weather. In the face of insurmountable evidence showing otherwise.
(05-17-2018, 02:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Of course the planet is warming. But when Al Gore brought this to our attention it IMMEDIATELY became political to far right MORONS.
They even denied that any warming was happening. The look VERY stupid now as well as the mental midgets who listened to talk radio entertainers.
Now most of them admit the earth is warming but they switched to saying it's just the weather. In the face of insurmountable evidence showing otherwise.

GOP lawmaker says rocks falling into the ocean are partly to blame for higher sea levels.  Laughing

http://hill.cm/nCjWED2 
(05-17-2018, 05:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

GOP lawmaker says rocks falling into the ocean are partly to blame for higher sea levels.  Laughing

Yes, but what about all the sand we pull off the ocean floor?

There is a lot of water that flows out the mouth of the Golden Gate. They should damn that opening up. Laughing

Yeah... I think the rocks have little effect. However, Michael Moore was seen swimming in the Pacific recently.... that might do it. Thank you, Archimedes.

Falling in or where thrown in??   Mad   Laughing

Do more rocks fall in the ocean than fish and crabs are taken out? Razz

He's probably right..... partly to blame for higher sea levels. Like I'm partly to blame not having world peace.

I think rising seas are parley to blame is that we have had400th consecutive month with higher-than-average temperatures

Maybe, just maybe the fact that we have had higher-than-average temperatures for 400 consecutive months and ice is melting all over the planet is partly to blame?
"Multiple other GOP lawmakers also cited theories that are not accepted by mainstream climate scientists, according to reports."

[Image: surprisedlady4.gif?w=376&h=368]

[Image: 64641453-shocked-or-surprised-young-hand....jpg?ver=6]