Anthony Bourdain #RIP
(06-11-2018, 06:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 11:46 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 11:04 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 08:36 AM)Juniper Wrote: Good question. One I've asked myself.  I think the answer is that some people should and need to be rescued.  Others maybe not.

And .....how the hell do you not know who Anthony Bourdain is???

That's not really a judgment. As me about any sport personality and won't be able to tell you wheo they are.

He was on a cable channel wasn't he? I haven't had cable in... I don't know how many years, ten maybe twelve?

I can relate about the sports people. I sometimes sort of pick up a name but can't even put the name with the sport they belong to!   Big Grin

Sorry but it's true.

Actually this just happened to me today.  I apparently don't know who this fellow is.  [Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.tvgcdn.net%2Fmedi...24.png&f=1]
I was asked if I have been living under a rock.  His name is James Corden. He's some kind of celebrity.  Beats me.  So, while I can't conceive of someone not knowing who Anthony Bourdain is, I can understand why you wouldn't.
You've never heard of Carpool Karaoke?!?!
https://youtu.be/UEg6TDklBuE

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Do you think I don't know much about it because it's late night and I don't watch late night?  Or is it mostly contemporary music, because like sports, I don't really listen to contemporary music.  I don't know...I've only ever seen the one clip you posted once of a singer named Sia and you were stunned and I didn't know who SHE was! Laughing
The only time I listen to contemporary music is when it's a song performed on the Voice, American Idol or America's got talent.
A lot of the songs I really like. I feel like I'm missing out but when I try to listen to radio stations with "contemporary music"..... In a bout 5 seconds I tune to something else.

BTW I didn't know who Sia was the first time VS posted.
(06-11-2018, 07:09 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:01 PM)bbqboy Wrote: The Adele one was pretty funny.

Adele I know. I think I knew her before she became HUGE.  I never saw karaoke thing though.

She became HUGE? You mean like Kelly Clarkson became HUGE Razz

[Image: kelly-clarkson-health-danger-weight-02.j...C700&ssl=1]
(06-11-2018, 07:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Adele I know. I think I knew her before she became HUGE.  I never saw karaoke thing though.

Rude.
(06-11-2018, 08:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Rude.

Absolutely sometimes with comedy there are no lines
(06-11-2018, 09:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Rude.

She pulled an Oprah, I saw her on TV last week and she has slimmed down a lot, I was impressed, the last time I saw her she was, big...real big.
(06-12-2018, 07:45 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:09 PM)Juniper Wrote: Adele I know. I think I knew her before she became HUGE.  I never saw karaoke thing though.

Rude.

She pulled an Oprah, I saw her on TV last week and she has slimmed down a lot, I was impressed, the last time I saw her she was, big...real big.
My wife said she had children and that was why she got fat. I said more likely pizza.
(06-12-2018, 01:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 07:19 PM)tvguy Wrote: She became HUGE? You mean like Kelly Clarkson became HUGE Razz

Rude.

My wife said she had children and that was why she got fat. I said more likely pizza.

Yes, having children can certainly have an impact on weight, but her issue was washing pizza down with milk shakes.
A properly made pizza can be healthy, ie thin crust, easy on the cheese and no fatty meats.  Big Grin
(06-12-2018, 03:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote: A properly made pizza can be healthy, ie thin crust, easy on the cheese and no fatty meats.  Big Grin

And it will taste like the cardboard box a delivery pizza comes in Razz Laughing

Just kidding... sort off. My wife makes a homemade pizza that I like more than the pizza from the local joints.
I can't say how healthy it is. But I think it's fine unless you eat that kind of stuff too often.
(06-11-2018, 07:19 PM)tvguy Wrote: She became HUGE? You mean like Kelly Clarkson became HUGE Razz

Rude.

Having children does have an impact on some women's metabolism.  Kelly Clarkson was always plump. I think her getting bigger was a forgone conclusion.
(06-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 08:36 AM)Juniper Wrote: Good question. One I've asked myself.  I think the answer is that some people should and need to be rescued.  Others maybe not.

And .....how the hell do you not know who Anthony Bourdain is???

That's not really a judgment. As me about any sport personality and won't be able to tell you wheo they are.

He was on a cable channel wasn't he? I haven't had cable in... I don't know how many years, ten maybe twelve?

I can relate about the sports people. I sometimes sort of pick up a name but can't even put the name with the sport they belong to!   Big Grin

Sorry but it's true.

Actually this just happened to me today.  I apparently don't know who this fellow is.  [Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.tvgcdn.net%2Fmedi...24.png&f=1]
I was asked if I have been living under a rock.  His name is James Corden. He's some kind of celebrity.  Beats me.  So, while I can't conceive of someone not knowing who Anthony Bourdain is, I can understand why you wouldn't.

Do you think I don't know much about it because it's late night and I don't watch late night?  Or is it mostly contemporary music, because like sports, I don't really listen to contemporary music.  I don't know...I've only ever seen the one clip you posted once of a singer named Sia and you were stunned and I didn't know who SHE was! Laughing

I thought it was Scrapper that posted the Sia video...Not sure now. Still, I'd like to know Scrapper's take on why she knows about these things, and I don't.
(06-12-2018, 05:55 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 08:01 PM)Juniper Wrote: Rude.

Having children does have an impact on some women's metabolism.  Kelly Clarkson was always plump. I think her getting bigger was a forgone conclusion.

Having children does have an impact on some women's metabolism. Yes that's true Big Grin

Kelly Clarkson was always plump No that's not true Razz

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/_LZ8-7gaV6U [/video]
(06-12-2018, 06:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 09:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: Absolutely sometimes with comedy there are no lines

Having children does have an impact on some women's metabolism. Yes that's true Big Grin

No, it's  there.
(06-12-2018, 03:31 PM)Valuesize Wrote: A properly made pizza can be healthy, ie thin crust, easy on the cheese and no fatty meats.  Big Grin

Well, that's how I make a pizza. Hasn't made a damn bit of difference!   Laughing Laughing
(06-12-2018, 06:23 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 06:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 07:45 AM)GPnative Wrote: She pulled an Oprah, I saw her on TV last week and she has slimmed down a lot, I was impressed, the last time I saw her she was, big...real big.

No, it's  there.

Does not compute Confused  What's there?
(06-12-2018, 05:56 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 09:20 AM)Cuzz Wrote: He was on a cable channel wasn't he? I haven't had cable in... I don't know how many years, ten maybe twelve?

Sorry but it's true.

Do you think I don't know much about it because it's late night and I don't watch late night?  Or is it mostly contemporary music, because like sports, I don't really listen to contemporary music.  I don't know...I've only ever seen the one clip you posted once of a singer named Sia and you were stunned and I didn't know who SHE was!

I thought it was Scrapper that posted the Sia video...Not sure now. Still, I'd like to know Scrapper's take on why she knows about these things, and I don't.
Perhaps just interests? I'm from a musical family... with quite eclectic tastes in music. My father will be 80 next month and even he loves watching Carpool Karaoke. My Dad will hear a song on a movie that he likes, Google the words he can remember, find a video on YouTube... and then share it with me, my brother, the grandkids. Most times watching one YouTube video turns into spending half an hour looking at others.

(06-13-2018, 07:55 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 11:04 AM)Juniper Wrote: Actually this just happened to me today.  I apparently don't know who this fellow is.  [Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.tvgcdn.net%2Fmedi...24.png&f=1]

Do you think I don't know much about it because it's late night and I don't watch late night?  Or is it mostly contemporary music, because like sports, I don't really listen to contemporary music.  I don't know...I've only ever seen the one clip you posted once of a singer named Sia and you were stunned and I didn't know who SHE was!

Perhaps just interests? I'm from a musical family... with quite eclectic tastes in music. My father will be 80 next month and even he loves watching Carpool Karaoke. My Dad will hear a song on a movie that he likes, Google the words he can remember, find a video on YouTube... and then share it with me, my brother, the grandkids. Most times watching one YouTube video turns into spending half an hour looking at others.

I listen to music a lot also.  But I don't think I listen to contemporary stuff.  But I also don't watch late night television.  Apparently I live under a rock. Big Grin
(06-13-2018, 05:34 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-09-2018, 11:46 AM)Scrapper Wrote: You've never heard of Carpool Karaoke?!?!

I listen to music a lot also.  But I don't think I listen to contemporary stuff.  But I also don't watch late night television.  Apparently I live under a rock. Big Grin

My wife was just watching James Corden a few minutes ago. She recorded him. I told her I thought he committed suicide Laughing Laughing
That's because his pic was posted here on Bourdain's thread
(06-13-2018, 05:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 06:54 PM)Juniper Wrote: Do you think I don't know much about it because it's late night and I don't watch late night?  Or is it mostly contemporary music, because like sports, I don't really listen to contemporary music.  I don't know...I've only ever seen the one clip you posted once of a singer named Sia and you were stunned and I didn't know who SHE was!

My wife was just watching James Corden a few minutes ago. She recorded him. I told her I thought he committed suicide Laughing Laughing

Did you really?
(06-13-2018, 06:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 05:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-12-2018, 05:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: I thought it was Scrapper that posted the Sia video...Not sure now. Still, I'd like to know Scrapper's take on why she knows about these things, and I don't.

Did you really?
Yes. I saw his pic and just assumed he offed himself Razz