fire season
(07-18-2018, 12:57 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-16-2018, 10:48 PM)Juniper Wrote: Interesting that Uncle Ted says that all the fires in the area are human caused.  all of them.  Except we have witnesses to the Sterling Creek fire being started by lighting.  

http://rogueweather.com/fire-info/fire-report

The lighting was caused by global warming, which is man made.   Big Grin

Now you're using trump logic!   Thumbs Up
For me this weather(weather being smokey) is like being snowed in. I literally can't do anything.  I had some plans for yard work and getting some exercise in, but now I'm just stuck inside. When I cough I can taste the ash.
(07-21-2018, 06:53 AM)Juniper Wrote: For me this weather(weather being smokey) is like being snowed in. I literally can't do anything.  I had some plans for yard work and getting some exercise in, but now I'm just stuck inside. When I cough I can taste the ash.

Do you have a n95 mask? If not, get one. It should help when you go outside. I even wear those when I mow  the lawn, I used to get an irritated throat after mowing from all the particulate it kicks up, once I started wearing a mask, no issue.
A lot of local health departments and fire departments are giving them out for free.

Edit, just saw on tv, allcare health in Medford is handing them out between 2 & 4 pm
(07-21-2018, 08:11 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 06:53 AM)Juniper Wrote: For me this weather(weather being smokey) is like being snowed in. I literally can't do anything.  I had some plans for yard work and getting some exercise in, but now I'm just stuck inside. When I cough I can taste the ash.

Do you have a n95 mask? If not, get one. It should help when you go outside. I even wear those when I mow  the lawn, I used to get an irritated throat after mowing from all the particulate it kicks up, once I started wearing a mask, no issue.
A lot of local health departments and fire departments are giving them out for free.

No. I just stay inside.
I did stick my head out to set the sprinkler on the yard. It's actually colder outside than in. that's a first. The smoke is blocking the sun.

Sorry to hear there is smoke already. I'm sort of in the same situation because I'm dealing with a health issue that easily dehydrates me so the doc said to stay inside when it's hot. We haven't had smoke so I'm not sure how that is going to affect things. 

All I can say is try to make the best of a bad situation.  Smiling
(07-21-2018, 09:27 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Sorry to hear there is smoke already. I'm sort of in the same situation because I'm dealing with a health issue that easily dehydrates me so the doc said to stay inside when it's hot. We haven't had smoke so I'm not sure how that is going to affect things. 

Talk about "make the best of a bad situation", I'm hauling my burn pile out to the fire. Can't burn here, it's banned until October. Ninja
Laughing There you go!  Laughing
(07-21-2018, 09:48 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 09:27 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Talk about "make the best of a bad situation", I'm hauling my burn pile out to the fire. Can't burn here, it's banned until October. Ninja

Laughing Laughing
Yesterday was by far the worst the smoke has been at my place. Surprisingly Costco had air purifiers for sale for $140 bucks. I went and bought two of them LOL.
I guess I will take one back because using just one seems to be working well.
(07-21-2018, 01:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yesterday was by far the worst the smoke has been at my place. Surprisingly Costco had air purifiers for sale for $140 bucks. I went and bought two of them LOL.

Why would you do that, sell it On Craigslist for $175  Wink Razz
(07-21-2018, 09:32 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 01:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yesterday was by far the worst the smoke has been at my place. Surprisingly Costco had air purifiers for sale for $140 bucks. I went and bought two of them LOL.

Trust me. I thought about that Laughing

This air cleaner/purifier is pretty cool. It has a light bar that tells you how clean the air is. It goes from red to orange to blue when the air is clean.
Yesterday we had the door open to let the dogs in long enough to let smoky air in and the light turned orange.
(07-22-2018, 12:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:

This air cleaner/purifier is pretty cool. It has a light bar that tells you how clean the air is. It goes from red to orange to blue when the air is clean.
Yesterday we had the door open to let the dogs in long enough to let smoky air in and the light turned orange.

Ha!  I should get me one of those!  I hate going to Costco.  And they're probably all gone anyway! Big Grin
IF the AQI is correct, Medford has been sitting at 166 for the last 24 hours. I know I can't see Roxy Anne which is about two miles away.  It feels somewhat better though than yesterday.  I don't know if that's my imagination or not.
I love my weekly Costco runs. I have 2 air purifiers that I purchased last year from Costco online. We have one in our bedroom and one in the living room. They're great. They help with our allergies. Living in the grass seed capital of the world sucks for allergy sufferers.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(07-22-2018, 01:30 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Ha!  I should get me one of those!  I hate going to Costco.  And they're probably all gone anyway! Big Grin
IF the AQI is correct, Medford has been sitting at 166 for the last 24 hours. I know I can't see Roxy Anne which is about two miles away.  It feels somewhat better though than yesterday.  I don't know if that's my imagination or not.
  We have decided the one air purifier we bought will suffice It's working extremely well . So if you want the other one I bought you can have it.
For 139.99.

It's a Winix c535....

https://www.costco.com/Winix-C535-Air-Cl...80290.html

I'm confused.. 166? This says 500.

http://aqicn.org/city/usa/oregon/medford/

edit....Where did you get that 166 number. The MMT we got this morning said 185 but that was last night.I think the smoke has just blown back in.
Grants pass is 171.
(07-22-2018, 02:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:

edit....Where did you get that 166 number. The MMT we got this morning said 185 but that was last night.I think the smoke has just blown back in.
Grants pass is 171.

Oh, I know. It's super confusing to just google it.  You get all sorts of different results. I use this one:  the Oregon DEQ air quality index.https://oraqi.deq.state.or.us/home/map
(07-22-2018, 04:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 09:32 PM)GPnative Wrote: Why would you do that, sell it On Craigslist for $175  Wink Razz

Grants pass is 171.

Oh, I know. It's super confusing to just google it.  You get all sorts of different results. I use this one:  the Oregon DEQ air quality index.https://oraqi.deq.state.or.us/home/map

I like the one I posted a link to because it's updated.
(07-22-2018, 05:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 04:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-22-2018, 12:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: Trust me. I thought about that Laughing

Grants pass is 171.

I like the one I posted a link to because it's updated.
But....it always reads hazardous.

I will be in Medford tomorrow, may have to stop there on way home and see if they still have any.