Country crossings
A while back when I heard there would be no shuttles like last year from parking areas. I wondered how in the hell could they fit all the cars in at the Expo.
Now I see on the news that Scenic, Crater and Jewett elementary schools are where people are supposed to park. And pay 20 or 25 bucks per day.
They had a news reporter walk from the shortest distance which was Scenic. And it took her 45 minutes to walk 1.3 miles.
Apparently that's because she had to stop for water breaks like 4 times?? Anyway 45 minutes is ridiculous but still that's a long ass walk with this smoke and these temps.
I'm sure glad I don't like most of the crap they call country music these days.
(07-26-2018, 12:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: A while back when I heard there would be no shuttles like last year from parking areas. I wondered how in the hell could they fit all the cars in at the Expo.
Now I see on the news that Scenic, Crater and Jewett elementary schools are where people are supposed to park. And pay 20 or 25 bucks per day.
They had a news reporter walk from the shortest distance which was Scenic. And it took her 45 minutes to walk 1.3 miles.
Apparently that's because she had to stop for water breaks like 4 times?? Anyway 45 minutes is ridiculous but still that's a long ass walk with this smoke and these temps.

The name is fitting, it is literally a country crossing to get there. Between the heat, smoke, drunk yahoo's, absurd parking arrangements, crowds, etc. there is ZERO chance of myself attending. My wife even won two free general admin wrist bands last year, we sold them on CL Big Grin
(07-26-2018, 01:10 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 12:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: A while back when I heard there would be no shuttles like last year from parking areas. I wondered how in the hell could they fit all the cars in at the Expo.

The name is fitting, it is literally a country crossing to get there. Between the heat, smoke, drunk yahoo's, absurd parking arrangements, crowds, etc. there is ZERO chance of myself attending. My wife even won two free general admin wrist bands last year, we sold them on CL Big Grin

LOL. Yes I saw several people trying to sell tickets today.
I looks to me like a LOT of people are going to lose money getting stuck with tickets.

(07-26-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: I looks to me like a LOT of people are going to lose money getting stuck with tickets.

Yea it does, I bet the smoke and heat has more than a few people changing their mind about going.
(07-26-2018, 02:35 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: I looks to me like a LOT of people are going to lose money getting stuck with tickets.

Yea it does, I bet the smoke and heat has more than a few people changing their mind about going.

Or they go the first day and decide to not come back.What a clusterfuck
No shuttles and smoke sounds like a disaster. They'll move it back to the coast if they don't straighten their act out.
(07-26-2018, 04:10 PM)Juniper Wrote: No shuttles and smoke sounds like a disaster. They'll move it back to the coast if they don't straighten their act out.

Seems to me like the county needs to buy land on the other side of Bear creek and build a bridge. The freeway is the problem.
(07-26-2018, 05:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 04:10 PM)Juniper Wrote: No shuttles and smoke sounds like a disaster. They'll move it back to the coast if they don't straighten their act out.

Seems to me like the county needs to buy land on the other side of Bear creek and build a bridge. The freeway is the problem.

Was it a big success last year?  I think events in July in Valley are way too hot.
(07-26-2018, 05:10 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Was it a big success last year?  I think events in July in Valley are way too hot.
As far as making money I guess it was. As far as a pleasant experience for the attendees not so much. Many had to wait for hours to get shuttled from 6 freaking miles away in White city.
(07-26-2018, 05:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

As far as making money I guess it was. As far as a pleasant experience for the attendees not so much. Many had to wait for hours to get shuttled from 6 freaking miles away in White city.

Well this should be much better then!   Laughing
(07-26-2018, 05:24 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

No shit. Some guy in a meeting said.. hey lets reenact the Bataan death march . ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE!

Aye aye aye aye aye ate aye.. meeting adjourned.
(07-26-2018, 05:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 05:24 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-26-2018, 05:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Seems to me like the county needs to buy land on the other side of Bear creek and build a bridge. The freeway is the problem.

No shit. Some guy in a meeting said.. hey lets reenact the Bataan death march . ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE!

Aye aye aye aye aye ate aye.. meeting adjourned.

Laughing Laughing

You would think the last few ticket  would come down a bit, now that it's the 26th.