Who gives these fires names?
(08-12-2018, 07:45 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 09:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 08:18 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: The Klamathon Fire started on Klamathon Road. The rest of them have their own local reasons, and if you lived CLOSE to it, you would get the reference.  I think this entire question and topic is just a lot of useless bitching.  Something needs to be done to reduce the recidivism of these fires year after year.  Maybe focus on that?

Hmmmm, like what? I'm sure you are referring to forest management, but like to hear you elucidate. If you feel there's another aspect that needs to addressed, please, step up and start discussing.

There is truth here, but few here will agree. And that is the sad part.

https://thefederalistpapers.org/us/fores...ingbuttons

I will read it.  Too bad you don't want to express yourself with  your own words though. Sad
(08-12-2018, 07:45 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(08-08-2018, 08:18 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: The Klamathon Fire started on Klamathon Road. The rest of them have their own local reasons, and if you lived CLOSE to it, you would get the reference.  I think this entire question and topic is just a lot of useless bitching.  Something needs to be done to reduce the recidivism of these fires year after year.  Maybe focus on that?

Hmmmm, like what? I'm sure you are referring to forest management, but like to hear you elucidate. If you feel there's another aspect that needs to addressed, please, step up and start discussing.

The Federalist Papers

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(08-12-2018, 08:29 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I will read it.  Too bad you don't want to express yourself with  your own words though. Sad

It's typical. It blames the fires on  " forest management policies"  and that is correct. We over longed and depleted all the big trees that provide a shade canopy that reduces the growth of brush.
We took out the largest trees that were virtually fire proof and left nothing but trees that either die or burn completely up.

But THEIR meaning of "forest management policies" simply means that we no longer log enough. Rolling Eyes
(08-15-2018, 03:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-12-2018, 08:29 PM)Juniper Wrote:

It's typical. It blames the fires on  " forest management policies"  and that is correct. We over longed and depleted all the big trees that provide a shade canopy that reduces the growth of brush.
We took out the largest trees that were virtually fire proof and left nothing but trees that either die or burn completely up.

But THEIR meaning of "forest management policies" simply means that we no longer log enough. Rolling Eyes
Those bastards!