Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(08-20-2018, 01:40 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 01:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 06:40 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 08:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 08:39 PM)Juniper Wrote: Really?  I hated DRTV.  I actually really like Charter.  they are my internet also.  I think their customer service is awesome.  I downsized my television because I don't actually watch much cable TV.  I could even downsize it more but I think I'll just keep it there for now.
I'm talking about television only I have Charter I've always had Charter for my internet I wouldn't have anything else unless it was faster. Anyway I'm not like you I do watch a lot of TV and Charter simply doesn't have the same capabilities as DirecTV there's a reason DirecTV cost so much more it's to it's just too bad their equipment is shity and their service  has lately been shity. I can't handle only being able to record three shows and watch one I really need to be 5 shows because most of the shows I like her on the same damn time

What do you pay for charter internet? (you are welcome to tell me to F-off, it's none of my business Razz )
I've been on their site, etc, but I hate all the promo, fine print nonsense pricing, I want to know what the actual monthly is once all the promo shit is gone.

As far as TV goes, I have been with Dish for 20+ years. They have been great, I have had some truly great customer services experiences over the years, some not so good, but they always make it right in the end. Their new package options "Flex pack" has been great, allows you to add certain channel packs you want. The base flex pack for us is all we need, it has all the channels we like and we pay $40/mo. (with DVR, etc total monthly ends up just shy of $50.

We pay $65 bucks for Charter. That's internet only.  My wife says she has looked at Dish TV and they don't offer anywhere near what DRTV has. Maybe I need to look myself Wink $50 a month sounds inviting but we have three TVs so that would undoubtedly make it cost more.

How many programs can you record at one time?

technically 4, 2 of which can be locals only, but that's because I have the optional OTA tuner for locals installed. Without that, I would have to pay $12/mo for locals via satellite. (locals being considered a pack under the flex pack plan) My receiver is fairly old at this point, so if in fact it's still offered, out of the box it can DVR 2 programs at a time with no receiver charges for the single box. The latest and greatest receiver tech from Dish is their Hopper/Joey combos, I do not know much about them, but I know depending on the setup, there is a crazy amount of options for recording at once, up to 10+ programs I think.

edit to add: My single receiver can independently operate a second TV. We have a living room TV and TV in the bedroom. W/ the hopper/joey system, The sky is the limit, or your checkbook.
Thanks for the info.
I get all the locals with just a tiny 6 in antenna that plugs in to the antennae output jack on the back of my TV. Is Grants Pass too far away to get them?
(08-20-2018, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 06:40 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-19-2018, 08:54 PM)tvguy Wrote: I'm talking about television only I have Charter I've always had Charter for my internet I wouldn't have anything else unless it was faster. Anyway I'm not like you I do watch a lot of TV and Charter simply doesn't have the same capabilities as DirecTV there's a reason DirecTV cost so much more it's to it's just too bad their equipment is shity and their service  has lately been shity. I can't handle only being able to record three shows and watch one I really need to be 5 shows because most of the shows I like her on the same damn time

What do you pay for charter internet? (you are welcome to tell me to F-off, it's none of my business Razz )
I've been on their site, etc, but I hate all the promo, fine print nonsense pricing, I want to know what the actual monthly is once all the promo shit is gone.

As far as TV goes, I have been with Dish for 20+ years. They have been great, I have had some truly great customer services experiences over the years, some not so good, but they always make it right in the end. Their new package options "Flex pack" has been great, allows you to add certain channel packs you want. The base flex pack for us is all we need, it has all the channels we like and we pay $40/mo. (with DVR, etc total monthly ends up just shy of $50.

We pay $65 bucks for Charter. That's internet only.  My wife says she has looked at Dish TV and they don't offer anywhere near what DRTV has. Maybe I need to look myself Wink $50 a month sounds inviting but we have three TVs so that would undoubtedly make it cost more.

technically 4, 2 of which can be locals only, but that's because I have the optional OTA tuner for locals installed. Without that, I would have to pay $12/mo for locals via satellite. (locals being considered a pack under the flex pack plan) My receiver is fairly old at this point, so if in fact it's still offered, out of the box it can DVR 2 programs at a time with no receiver charges for the single box. The latest and greatest receiver tech from Dish is their Hopper/Joey combos, I do not know much about them, but I know depending on the setup, there is a crazy amount of options for recording at once, up to 10+ programs I think.

edit to add: My single receiver can independently operate a second TV. We have a living room TV and TV in the bedroom. W/ the hopper/joey system, The sky is the limit, or your checkbook.
Thanks for the info.
I get all the locals with just a tiny 6 in antenna that plugs in to the antennae output jack on the back of my TV. Is Grants Pass too far away to get them?

No, I get all of them with a small antenna. That's what the OTA tuner is for, so I can run them from my antenna through my DVR receiver thus allowing me to DVR, set timers, etc. for locals. If I did not receive them via an antenna, I would have to pay Dish $12 to receive them via satellite.
(08-20-2018, 02:37 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 06:40 AM)GPnative Wrote: What do you pay for charter internet? (you are welcome to tell me to F-off, it's none of my business Razz )

Thanks for the info.

No, I get all of them with a small antenna. That's what the OTA tuner is for, so I can run them from my antenna through my DVR receiver thus allowing me to DVR, set timers, etc. for locals. If I did not receive them via an antenna, I would have to pay Dish $12 to receive them via satellite.
OK I misread what you were saying
Big Grin
Just wondering if anyone  has watched the new series Yellowstone and their thoughts on it?
(08-26-2018, 10:20 PM)Juniper Wrote: Just wondering if anyone  has watched the new series Yellowstone and their thoughts on it?

Yes and I like t OK. It's a tad unbelievable but all in all I think It's pretty good and worth watching.
(08-27-2018, 12:02 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 10:20 PM)Juniper Wrote: Just wondering if anyone  has watched the new series Yellowstone and their thoughts on it?

Yes and I like t OK. It's a tad unbelievable but all in all I think It's pretty good and worth watching.

OK, I was also thinking those things.  I watched the first one and couldn't understand why the son Kayce wasn't in jail by the end, and still walking around.
(08-27-2018, 05:28 PM)Juniper Wrote:

OK, I was also thinking those things.  I watched the first one and couldn't understand why the son Kayce wasn't in jail by the end, and still walking around.
  I don't remember what he did? Do you mean because he shot his wife's brother? There were no witnesses right?
(08-27-2018, 07:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 05:28 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I don't remember what he did? Do you mean because he shot his wife's brother? There were no witnesses right?
I suppose.

What channel?
(08-27-2018, 10:47 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

What channel?

IMDB
(08-28-2018, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What channel?

IMDB

You are WATCHING online on IMDB? They have streaming? I don't see it.  Unsure
(08-28-2018, 06:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

What channel?

IMDB

I thought it was called the Paramount channel...honestly I don't know what it's on...I found it on On Demand on Charter.
(08-28-2018, 07:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What channel?

IMDB

I thought it was called the Paramount channel...honestly I don't know what it's on...I found it on On Demand on Charter.

I only found it on Amazon Prime. $2.99 an ep or $19.99 a season.
(08-28-2018, 07:52 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 07:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 10:47 PM)Valuesize Wrote: What channel?

IMDB

I only found it on Amazon Prime. $2.99 an ep or $19.99 a season.

What's Sling TV?  That streams it also. And I think you can get on if you have a ROKU.  I'm not sure it's that spectacular of a show....
(08-28-2018, 07:15 PM)Juniper Wrote: I thought it was called the Paramount channel...honestly I don't know what it's on...I found it on On Demand on Charter.

I searched my Roku device and came up with Paramount. All but the first three episodes are locked right now and choosing a locked one it says I need to sign in with my provider. Mine is not listed so I guess I'll start with three and see how it goes.
(08-28-2018, 09:32 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 07:15 PM)Juniper Wrote: I thought it was called the Paramount channel...honestly I don't know what it's on...I found it on On Demand on Charter.

I searched my Roku device and came up with Paramount. All but the first three episodes are locked right now and choosing a locked one it says I need to sign in with my provider. Mine is not listed so I guess I'll start with three and see how it goes.

Well, carriers can be stingy with play times unlike stations like Netflix and Hulu that leave things on for months and years.

What channel?

IMDB

I watched it on Direct TV .I don't know what channel it was on. I can only find it now on demand.
Ozark... season 2 is now available on Netflix.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Just finished binge watching The Sopranos. I had heard of it but never watched even one minute of it before. When I was done I vaguely remembered the ending as being somewhat of a controversy back when it first aired. I had no idea why. Now I do. For me, the ending was not a big disappointment... I guess because I did not spend 6 years of my life waiting for that weekly episode. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it.

I will say this... like Breaking Bad, I had trouble finding anyone to "like" in the entire series. Certainly not any of the main characters. Well, maybe Adriana...  Eyebrows
(09-04-2018, 09:17 AM)GCG Wrote: Just finished binge watching The Sopranos. I had heard of it but never watched even one minute of it before. When I was done I vaguely remembered the ending as being somewhat of a controversy back when it first aired. I had no idea why. Now I do. For me, the ending was not a big disappointment... I guess because I did not spend 6 years of my life waiting for that weekly episode. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it.

I will say this... like Breaking Bad, I had trouble finding anyone to "like" in the entire series. Certainly not any of the main characters. Well, maybe Adriana...  Eyebrows

As far as BB. I liked the Walter White character regardless of some of the not so likeable traits he had.
Why do you have to "like" anyone in a movie? I thought the days of the good guy no matter what hero types were gone long ago LOL.

I don't remember the end of The Sopranos. I think most have seen the show and you can say spoiler alert anyway.
So go ahead , what was the controversial ending?