Watched on Netflix (or other streaming channels)
(09-04-2018, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 09:17 AM)GCG Wrote: Just finished binge watching The Sopranos. I had heard of it but never watched even one minute of it before. When I was done I vaguely remembered the ending as being somewhat of a controversy back when it first aired. I had no idea why. Now I do. For me, the ending was not a big disappointment... I guess because I did not spend 6 years of my life waiting for that weekly episode. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it.

I will say this... like Breaking Bad, I had trouble finding anyone to "like" in the entire series. Certainly not any of the main characters. Well, maybe Adriana...  Eyebrows

As far as BB. I liked the Walter White character regardless of some of the not so likeable traits he had.
Why do you have to "like" anyone in a movie? I thought the days of the good guy no matter what hero types were gone long ago LOL.

I don't remember the end of The Sopranos. I think most have seen the show and you can say spoiler alert anyway.
So go ahead , what was the controversial ending?

I haven't seen either of those shows. I don't care if you do spoil the ending. Just pointing out that not everybody has seen them.
(09-04-2018, 01:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 09:17 AM)GCG Wrote: Just finished binge watching The Sopranos. I had heard of it but never watched even one minute of it before. When I was done I vaguely remembered the ending as being somewhat of a controversy back when it first aired. I had no idea why. Now I do. For me, the ending was not a big disappointment... I guess because I did not spend 6 years of my life waiting for that weekly episode. I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it.

I will say this... like Breaking Bad, I had trouble finding anyone to "like" in the entire series. Certainly not any of the main characters. Well, maybe Adriana...  Eyebrows

As far as BB. I liked the Walter White character regardless of some of the not so likeable traits he had.
Why do you have to "like" anyone in a movie? I thought the days of the good guy no matter what hero types were gone long ago LOL.

I don't remember the end of The Sopranos. I think most have seen the show and you can say spoiler alert anyway.

I haven't seen either of those shows. I don't care if you do spoil the ending. Just pointing out that not everybody has seen them.

I also haven't seen either one.  Laughing

Never watched it, but I did watch the final few minutes of the series when it ended because of the controversy, so I do know how it ends Razz

As far as BB, I liked most the characters, that's odd to me you didn't find anyone to "like". Hell, Saul was so well liked that they created a spin off!

As far as having to "like" anyone... I don't really care that much... but it's kinda weird when you think that everyone in the show deserves to meet an bad end. As to the ending... the 4 main characters are getting together in a diner and then <SPOILER ALERT> the screen goes black. And you are left to pretty much wonder what happens after that. No solid conclusion to speak of. If you do a Google search of "Sopranos Ending" you will see that it pissed a lot of people off.
(09-04-2018, 03:41 PM)GCG Wrote:

As far as having to "like" anyone... I don't really care that much... but it's kinda weird when you think that everyone in the show deserves to meet an bad end. As to the ending... the 4 main characters are getting together in a diner and then <SPOILER ALERT> the screen goes black. And you are left to pretty much wonder what happens after that. No solid conclusion to speak of. If you do a Google search of "Sopranos Ending" you will see that it pissed a lot of people off.

Well, that's no big deal. So the controversy was because there wasn't an ending?   Laughing
(09-04-2018, 05:19 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Well, that's no big deal. So the controversy was because there wasn't an ending?   Laughing

Pretty much ended right in the middle of a scene. With everything still up in the air. POOF!
(09-04-2018, 05:57 PM)GCG Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 05:19 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:  As far as BB. I liked the Walter White character regardless of some of the not so likeable traits he had.

Pretty much ended right in the middle of a scene. With everything still up in the air. POOF!

Maybe someone spent the budget on snacks or something so the money to finish filming was gone.   Laughing

Interesting thought.  I don't think I've ever given much thought to liking or not liking the characters.  Skyler annoyed a lot of people and her sister also.  Most people seemed to like Mike because he was such a badass.
(09-04-2018, 08:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Interesting thought.  I don't think I've ever given much thought to liking or not liking the characters.  Skyler annoyed a lot of people and her sister also.  Most people seemed to like Mike because he was such a badass.

You know, I stand corrected. I really like Mike... on both shows... even more so on BCS. I also liked the brother in law, (Hank), on BB. When I say "like" I am referring to whether or not I would want to be their friend in real life. I'm not saying that, because I don't like them, I wish they were not part of the story.The characters that they play are not likeable to me. But I did enjoy watching those characters develop.

Well I did say "most" have seen the show. Smiling
I'm curious as to why you haven't seen it. Do you plan on seeing it? The amount of awards the series got is incredible.Smiling
(09-05-2018, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm curious as to why you haven't seen it. Do you plan on seeing it? The amount of awards the series got is incredible.Smiling

I don't have a cable or satellite receiver and as yet I don't stream. So no, I don't have any plan to see them.

Currently I only have over the air TV. Basically only free TV. That's all I want for now.

I tell myself to watch The Sopranos because of the laurels it received. My problem is Mafia shows.  Italian Mafia shows always bore me for some reason. It took my decades to watch the Godfather. I think I probably only watched it about 10 years ago.
(09-05-2018, 07:44 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I tell myself to watch The Sopranos because of the laurels it received. My problem is Mafia shows.  Italian Mafia shows always bore me for some reason. It took my decades to watch the Godfather. I think I probably only watched it about 10 years ago.
Coming from a chick.. I get that LOL  It's mostly Macho stuff.  

The Music for The Godfather was the best part. Big Grin When I was a kid I loved the Music from the movie Exodus .
I don't think the spaghetti westerns would have been such a big his without Ennio Morricone. And now they use it to sell beer Sad
(09-05-2018, 08:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 12:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:  As far as BB. I liked the Walter White character regardless of some of the not so likeable traits he had.

The Music for The Godfather was the best part. Big Grin When I was a kid I loved the Music from the movie Exodus .
I don't think the spaghetti westerns would have been such a big his without Ennio Morricone. And now they use it to sell beer Sad

Yeah, you'd think, but my daughter is obsessed with Mafia movies. She's seen them all. Probably not The Sopranos, because it was a series and she probably wasn't aware of it, but she loves Mafia flicks.
(09-05-2018, 09:41 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-05-2018, 08:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-04-2018, 01:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I haven't seen either of those shows. I don't care if you do spoil the ending. Just pointing out that not everybody has seen them.

Yeah, you'd think, but my daughter is obsessed with Mafia movies. She's seen them all. Probably not The Sopranos, because it was a series and she probably wasn't aware of it, but she loves Mafia flicks.
 Yeah , now that I think about my friends daughter's favo movie was Scarface.

I like mob movies if done right. What's to like? People who have courage, pride, are clever and out smart others. rags to riches, perseverance.
Like any other movies you are lead in to REALLY hating someone so you will be SO happy later when they FINALLY get what's coming to them.

I drive my family nuts because I will say who the bad guy or girl is way before it even looks possible.
It's because of what I just mentioned. Lots of times I can tell WHERE the writers are heading from tiny clues.

Did anyone watch the series Sharp Objects? I knew who was the killer early in the series
(08-27-2018, 12:02 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 10:20 PM)Juniper Wrote: Just wondering if anyone  has watched the new series Yellowstone and their thoughts on it?

Yes and I like t OK. It's a tad unbelievable but all in all I think It's pretty good and worth watching.

this show has me going back and forth.  Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it's so pandering and schmarmy it makes me squirm.  It reminds me of something but I can't think what, I can't put my finger on it.....but I'm thinking Larry in the scenario. Laughing Laughing   I don't know what it is, but while the storyline can be interesting and there's things I like, it really has some cringe worthiness to it.
(09-10-2018, 09:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 10:20 PM)Juniper Wrote: Just wondering if anyone  has watched the new series Yellowstone and their thoughts on it?

Yes and I like t OK. It's a tad unbelievable but all in all I think It's pretty good and worth watching.

this show has me going back and forth.  Sometimes it's good, and sometimes it's so pandering and schmarmy it makes me squirm.  It reminds me of something but I can't think what, I can't put my finger on it.....but I'm thinking Larry in the scenario. Laughing Laughing   I don't know what it is, but while the storyline can be interesting and there's things I like, it really has some cringe worthiness to it.

I totally get what you are saying. But I have that problem with a lot of series. One week you watch and you go.. Holy crap that was a wasted hour.

Lodge 49 anyone?  kind of stupid but interesting and funny.

The Sinner? Not too bad but then sometimes it is bad
(09-11-2018, 02:04 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I totally get what you are saying. But I have that problem with a lot of series. One week you watch and you go.. Holy crap that was a wasted hour.

No I haven't watched either of those. I was considering the possibility of the The Sinner but have doubts.  I've watched The Good Doctor and it's very much like that, in terms of cringe worthiness but it can be good for observing spectrum characteristics as does Atypical on Netflix.  .  Or 911. I actually don't watch much television and not many series regularly.  I'd say right now for series it's BCS and trying to get myself to like Yellowstone better and kind of the same with Ozark.  But, geeeesh!!...last night I watched Yellowstone and their foreshadowing of plot points is like a brick through a window, the conflicts within the family are melodrama, the possibilities vs probabilities beggar believably.
(09-11-2018, 05:25 PM)Juniper Wrote:

No I haven't watched either of those. I was considering the possibility of the The Sinner but have doubts.  I've watched The Good Doctor and it's very much like that, in terms of cringe worthiness but it can be good for observing spectrum characteristics as does Atypical on Netflix.  .  Or 911. I actually don't watch much television and not many series regularly.  I'd say right now for series it's BCS and trying to get myself to like Yellowstone better and kind of the same with Ozark.  But, geeeesh!!...last night I watched Yellowstone and their foreshadowing of plot points is like a brick through a window, the conflicts within the family are melodrama, the possibilities vs probabilities beggar believably.
 Well for me the good doctor is a comedy. Ask my wife I do impressions of him all the time Razz

Yes I suppose you could compare it to the sinner for cringe worthiness but other than that they seem totally different.
The Sinner is full of suspense and the "who done it" factor. It's not so great but for me good enough to keep watching to find out what happens.

Ozark? If it's the hillbilly clan show I watched it one time and that was enough. 911? I know nothing about it.
(09-12-2018, 01:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-11-2018, 05:25 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-27-2018, 12:02 AM)tvguy Wrote: Yes and I like t OK. It's a tad unbelievable but all in all I think It's pretty good and worth watching.

Well for me the good doctor is a comedy. Ask my wife I do impressions of him all the time Razz

Yes I suppose you could compare it to the sinner for cringe worthiness but other than that they seem totally different.
The Sinner is full of suspense and the "who done it" factor. It's not so great but for me good enough to keep watching to find out what happens.

Ozark? If it's the hillbilly clan show I watched it one time and that was enough. 911? I know nothing about it.
Well spectrum stuff, as in aspergers and autism is interesting to me as I work with it and have it my life on a personal level also, so that's the part that gets my attention; the rest is ridiculous.  911 is a comedy to me.  It's just fluff...I like Big Bang Theory, that's fluff too.  Ozark?  It's in the Ozarks so, yes, hillbilly clans, but it's fictional.  Kind of the money laundering end of Breaking Bad but not as well written.