a different random thought
It happens. I set up a big garage sale in my yard in June 2012 and  had the Central Point police come as I was setting t up and tell me that my daughters boyfriend who she was with at the time had died. 23 years old.  She never really recovered from that.
A close friend of mine who I have spoken about here a few times I've known for 15 years just passed.
 He was my neighbor for most of that time so I did spend a lot of time with him, always drinking.
He is the one I posted about who was beat up and almost killed by a tweaker.

He lost insert in anything but drinking and was just skin and bones for the last few years.
This was sad but no surprise. I don't know the accrual technical cause of death but I know it's alcohol.
(08-26-2018, 03:26 PM)Juniper Wrote: It happens. I set up a big garage sale in my yard in June 2012 and  had the Central Point police come as I was setting t up and tell me that my daughters boyfriend who she was with at the time had died. 23 years old.  She never really recovered from that.
 She will eventually. I did. The same thing happened to me at about the same age.
(08-26-2018, 04:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 03:26 PM)Juniper Wrote: It happens. I set up a big garage sale in my yard in June 2012 and  had the Central Point police come as I was setting t up and tell me that my daughters boyfriend who she was with at the time had died. 23 years old.  She never really recovered from that.
 She will eventually. I did. The same thing happened to me at about the same age.

My experience is that usually after 2 or years you do.  She hasn't really. It really changed her. She's not the same person she was 6 years ago.
(08-26-2018, 07:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:

My experience is that usually after 2 or years you do.  She hasn't really. It really changed her. She's not the same person she was 6 years ago.
Did you also lose someone you were in love with when you young? I don't mean to pry but I think it's different. I lost my dad at 14 and that was no where near the same. But I'm sure it's different for everyone.
But no 6 years is not long enough to change much
(08-26-2018, 07:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Did you also lose someone you were in love with when you young? I don't mean to pry but I think it's different. I lost my dad at 14 and that was no where near the same. But I'm sure it's different for everyone.

Lost two sisters and lost my dad and basically became homeless at 16, but not someone I was in love with. I should point out she was like 26 when this happened.
(08-26-2018, 07:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-26-2018, 07:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Lost two sisters and lost my dad and basically became homeless at 16, but not someone I was in love with. I should point out she was like 26 when this happened.
Sorry Smiling
(08-28-2018, 09:36 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What are we looking at? a mine?
(08-28-2018, 10:48 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-28-2018, 09:36 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What are we looking at? a mine?

Yes. It was floating around in the Puget sound. I think I saw the same one on Gilligan's island Razz

I think Juniper was trying to post the video and couldn't because it was a live video.
My random thought is memes. There are funny memes, sad memes, thoughtful memes, political memes....my random thought is that they can be overdone and instead of provoking thought or delivering a meaningful message, they have the opposite effect.
(09-30-2018, 03:02 PM)Juniper Wrote: My random thought is memes.  There are funny memes, sad memes, thoughtful memes, political  memes....my random thought is that they can be overdone and instead of provoking thought or delivering a meaningful message, they have the opposite effect.

They often annoy the hell out of me. They too often are false, misleading, half true and sometimes the person pictured did not say the quoted words.
(09-30-2018, 03:02 PM)Juniper Wrote: My random thought is memes.  There are funny memes, sad memes, thoughtful memes, political  memes....my random thought is that they can be overdone and instead of provoking thought or delivering a meaningful message, they have the opposite effect.

A good meme is few and far between. (that kind of rhymed...someone should make it a meme)
(10-01-2018, 06:45 AM)GPnative Wrote:

A good meme is few and far between. (that kind of rhymed...someone should make it a meme)

I like funny or ironic ones. I don't really like "informational" or editorial or opinion ones so much.
I was watching something about the fall of the USSR and came across this description of how illegal rock and roll music was smuggled into the USSR during the heyday of R&R on XRay discs which they cut the grooves into, (which, somehow I never had heard of) and found it intriguing.  You could just roll up the film and tuck it into your sleeve. Which is pretty cool.  The buyer would buy 'bones' or 'ribs' from the seller.  Just thought it was interesting, because I don't think I've ever seen this. I'm guessing people are familiar with this, but I wasn't.

[Image: 1501191294248-Bone-Disc-4.jpeg?resize=1050:*]
(10-13-2018, 09:24 PM)Juniper Wrote: I was watching something about the fall of the USSR and came across this description of how illegal rock and roll music was smuggled into the USSR during the heyday of R&R on XRay discs which they cut the grooves into, (which, somehow I never had heard of) and found it intriguing.  You could just roll up the film and tuck it into your sleeve. Which is pretty cool.  The buyer would buy 'bones' or 'ribs' from the seller.  Just thought it was interesting, because I don't think I've ever seen this. I'm guessing people are familiar with this, but I wasn't.

I just recently read about this somewhere. Or maybe it was mentioned on American pickers.
(10-13-2018, 09:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 09:24 PM)Juniper Wrote: I was watching something about the fall of the USSR and came across this description of how illegal rock and roll music was smuggled into the USSR during the heyday of R&R on XRay discs which they cut the grooves into, (which, somehow I never had heard of) and found it intriguing.  You could just roll up the film and tuck it into your sleeve. Which is pretty cool.  The buyer would buy 'bones' or 'ribs' from the seller.  Just thought it was interesting, because I don't think I've ever seen this. I'm guessing people are familiar with this, but I wasn't.

I just recently read about this somewhere. Or maybe it was mentioned on American pickers.

I don't think I've ever heard of it before.
I'm sure BBQ has seen them.
(10-13-2018, 09:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I hadn't either but Just within the last week or so I did... somewhere
(10-13-2018, 09:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I hadn't either but Just within the last week or so I did... somewhere