I actually agree with Trump
(10-30-2018, 04:00 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 02:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 01:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 01:03 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I think they'll be about the same as the last one. A little fizzle but no fire.
Do you think we can take in all of Central America?

Of course not. Who said we were going to?? You're beginning to sound like SF or SD.
My point was when will it be too many. Did you think I REALLY meant every single human being in Central America?
You're beginning to sound like SF or SD.

That's pretty funny from you. Considering how completely consumed with Trump you are. Maybe you don't see it but you have become very much like SF , you are just on the left.

Well, I didn't think you meant all of them but that's what you said so that's what I responded to. What you said. My comment about sounding like SF or SD was because you sometimes say something in response that I don't think is directly to the last post. I said nothing about letting anyone into the country but you ask if I think we can take all of Central America?? What's that about?

Also, I don't think I'm "consumed" by trump considering I rarely think about him unless I'm on here. Then it's hard not to since that's all anyone talks about anymore. Sometimes I miss Wonky posting on here for a diversion. I give Tia credit for trying sometimes.   Big Grin

I'm just saying that even if all of those people are REALLY refugees and I guess that somehow means we are obliged to take them in.
Then is there an actual number, a maximum we HAVE to take?
If you've never eaten Honduran cuisine, well head for the border. The army is on the way to establish a tent city for refugee applicants.
(10-30-2018, 06:47 PM)tornado Wrote: If you've never eaten Honduran cuisine, well head for the border. The army is on the way to establish a tent city for refugee applicants.

You all are so easily duped it's laughable except that ALL this POS's crap affects us ALL both Nationally and globally. This is all about getting you fucked up Trumpsters out to vote. Sad part is its working.
(10-30-2018, 06:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 01:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: Do you think we can take in all of Central America?

Of course not. Who said we were going to?? You're beginning to sound like SF or SD.
My point was when will it be too many. Did you think I REALLY meant every single human being in Central America?

That's pretty funny from you. Considering how completely consumed with Trump you are. Maybe you don't see it but you have become very much like SF , you are just on the left.

Well, I didn't think you meant all of them but that's what you said so that's what I responded to. What you said. My comment about sounding like SF or SD was because you sometimes say something in response that I don't think is directly to the last post. I said nothing about letting anyone into the country but you ask if I think we can take all of Central America?? What's that about?

Also, I don't think I'm "consumed" by trump considering I rarely think about him unless I'm on here. Then it's hard not to since that's all anyone talks about anymore. Sometimes I miss Wonky posting on here for a diversion. I give Tia credit for trying sometimes.   Big Grin

I'm just saying that even if all of those people are REALLY refugees and I guess that somehow means we are obliged to take them in.

I'm not aware of any number.

One thing I haven't heard from anybody is any ideas on how to encourage some change in the countries of origin for all these folks who want to leave their homes to come here. Maybe if they felt safer and had some sense of future at home our problem would shrink or resolve itself.

Wonder why that is?
(10-30-2018, 06:56 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 06:47 PM)tornado Wrote: If you've never eaten Honduran cuisine, well head for the border. The army is on the way to establish a tent city for refugee applicants.

You all are so easily duped it's laughable except that ALL this POS's crap affects us ALL both Nationally and globally. This is all about getting you fucked up Trumpsters out to vote. Sad part is its working.

They are still over 800 miles away so if they were all in tip top shape they'll get here in December if they are lucky. Oh wait, according to FOX idiots they are mostly all diseased with smallpox  Laughing and all sorts of vile shit that MUST slow them down some right?  Laughing Laughing Laughing Assholes!!!
(10-30-2018, 07:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 01:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Of course not. Who said we were going to?? You're beginning to sound like SF or SD.

One thing I haven't heard from anybody is any ideas on how to encourage some change in the countries of origin for all these folks who want to leave their homes to come here. Maybe if they felt safer and had some sense of future at home our problem would shrink or resolve itself.

Wonder why that is?

I've heard that BETO guy say that very thing
   Plus it's not like  we haven't already been trying..

U.S. support for Guatemala peace accords

The US State Department says that the United States, as a member of "the Friends of Guatemala," along with Colombia, Mexico, Spain, Norway, and Venezuela, played an important role in the UN-moderated peace accords, providing public and behind-the-scenes support. The U.S. strongly supports the six substantive and three procedural accords, which, along with the signing of the December 29, 1996 final accord, form the blueprint for profound political, economic, and social change. To that end, the U.S. Government has committed over $500 million to support peace implementation since 1997.[1]

US aid to Guatemala

The US State Department says most U.S. assistance to Guatemala is provided through the U.S. Agency for International Development's (USAID) offices for Guatemala. USAID/Guatemala's current program builds on the gains of the peace process that followed the signing of the peace accords in December 1996, as well as on the achievements of its 1997–2004 peace program. The current program works to advance U.S. foreign policy objectives by focusing on Guatemala's potential as Central America's largest economy and trading partner of the United States, but also recognizes the country's lagging social indicators and high rate of poverty. The three areas of focus for USAID/Guatemala's program are modeled after the Millennium Challenge Account areas—ruling justly, economic freedom, and investing in people.[1]

(10-30-2018, 07:13 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

They are still over 800 miles away so if they were all in tip top shape they'll get here in December if they are lucky. Oh wait, according to FOX idiots they are mostly all diseased with smallpox  Laughing and all sorts of vile shit that MUST slow them down some right?  Laughing Laughing Laughing Assholes!!!

Don't you think there is a possibility that sending troops the the border is sending a message to others who want to come here.?
(10-30-2018, 09:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 07:13 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Don't you think there is a possibility that sending troops the the border is sending a message to others who want to come here.?

My position is pretty clear from my posts. This is a another shit show based on manufactured conspiracy theories by King Trump himself. If it was a hostile group of thousands of armed individuals, which would NEVER happen, I would approve a troop movement a few weeks prior. Mute point as this is NOT now the case, nor would it ever happen.
(10-30-2018, 09:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 07:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 02:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: My point was when will it be too many. Did you think I REALLY meant every single human being in Central America?

Wonder why that is?

I've heard that BETO guy say that very thing
   Plus it's not like  we haven't already been trying..

U.S. support for Guatemala peace accords

The US State Department says that the United States, as a member of "the Friends of Guatemala," along with Colombia, Mexico, Spain, Norway, and Venezuela, played an important role in the UN-moderated peace accords, providing public and behind-the-scenes support. The U.S. strongly supports the six substantive and three procedural accords, which, along with the signing of the December 29, 1996 final accord, form the blueprint for profound political, economic, and social change. To that end, the U.S. Government has committed over $500 million to support peace implementation since 1997.[1]

US aid to Guatemala

The US State Department says most U.S. assistance to Guatemala is provided through the U.S. Agency for International Development's (USAID) offices for Guatemala. USAID/Guatemala's current program builds on the gains of the peace process that followed the signing of the peace accords in December 1996, as well as on the achievements of its 1997–2004 peace program. The current program works to advance U.S. foreign policy objectives by focusing on Guatemala's potential as Central America's largest economy and trading partner of the United States, but also recognizes the country's lagging social indicators and high rate of poverty. The three areas of focus for USAID/Guatemala's program are modeled after the Millennium Challenge Account areas—ruling justly, economic freedom, and investing in people.[1]

Never heard of it though I assumed some money was being thrown at the general area. It's not really what I had in mind.
[Image: Dq79UDzUcAAQyE0.jpg]
(11-01-2018, 02:06 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [Image: Dq79UDzUcAAQyE0.jpg]

Lets not forget about Larry and his buddies! 

BORDER TROOPS PREPARING FOR THREAT OF ARMED, UNREGULATED MILITIAS, LEAKED DOCUMENTS SHOW

As President Donald Trump directs thousands of troops to the U.S.-Mexico border in a show of military force against an approaching caravan of migrants from Central America, preliminary intelligence assessments are preparing for encounters with a litany of groups from unregulated militias to transcontinental criminal organizations, according to documents obtained by Newsweek. https://www.newsweek.com/trump-administr...ps-1196855

Then when the estimated 1,400 or less arrive we'll have 15,000 troops waiting well over a month at a cost estimated at $50 Million. Nice job duped Trumpters!

The official said that if the deployment were to continue “beyond six months” the $50 million estimate would gradually increase. As of Monday, the Defense Department has said that U.S. troops have planned for continued operations until mid-December, a statement supported by the documents supplied to Newsweek.

Adam Isacson, director for Defense Oversight at research and advocacy group the Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA), has warned that costs for the deployment could cost as much as a million dollars per day.
“If it’s $200 per soldier per day in logical costs, that’s a million per day,” Isacson said in a press release sent to Newsweek.

Indeed, if initial costs fall within the $50 million range for the anticipated 45 days troops are expected to be stationed at the border, the price tag for Operation Faithful Patriot would amount to around $1.1 million a day.
But, Isacson warned, he believed that “the actual cumulative cost of sending in 5,000 troops will likely be much greater” than $1 million per diem. https://www.newsweek.com/trump-administr...ps-1194215

A quick search didn't produce the actual document, but I'll post it later if I get it. 
Fox’s Jeanine Pirro has some questions for the caravan: “Who’s in that caravan? Are there pedophiles? Are there career criminals? Are there people who think they can beat their wives without consequence?” This is absolutely ridiculous. We've seen  no proof that Roy Moore, Paul Manafort or Rob Porter are in the caravan.  Big Grin
“According to military planning documents, about 20% of the roughly 7,000 migrants traveling through Mexico are likely to complete the journey..it would mean the US is positioning 5 soldiers on the border for every 1 caravan member expected to arrive”

Feel safer now Someone Dad? Scared old white men.... Sad.
(11-03-2018, 11:28 AM)Valuesize Wrote: “According to military planning documents, about 20% of the roughly 7,000 migrants traveling through Mexico are likely to complete the journey..it would mean the US is positioning 5 soldiers on the border for every 1 caravan member expected to arrive”

How the hell can that be predicted? And you really are starting to sound like the far right wingers who practice nationalism.
 Is there a reason a person who doesn't think we need to allow TOO MANY illegal immigrants in to this country has to be scared, old, white, or a man?
This sounds a lot like Trump.It's us against them. If you have a different opinion you are a loser or in some way a flawed person.
(11-03-2018, 01:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 11:28 AM)Valuesize Wrote: “According to military planning documents, about 20% of the roughly 7,000 migrants traveling through Mexico are likely to complete the journey..it would mean the US is positioning 5 soldiers on the border for every 1 caravan member expected to arrive”

How the hell can that be predicted? And you really are starting to sound like the far right wingers who practice nationalism.
 Is there a reason a person who doesn't think we need to allow TOO MANY illegal immigrants in to this country has to be scared, old, white, or a man?
This sounds a lot like Trump.It's us against them. If you have a different opinion you are a loser or in some way a flawed person.

It can be predicted because this isn't the first time there's been a caravan. They're also witnessing it happening in front of their eyes. And none of what you wrote makes any difference because there was never a need to bring troops in the first place. Regarding immigration, who why and how it's done is a whole different discussion. Nothing to do with this Fiasco for election purposes only.
(11-03-2018, 01:47 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

It can be predicted because this isn't the first time there's been a caravan. They're also witnessing it happening in front of their eyes. And none of what you wrote makes any difference because there was never a need to bring troops in the first place. Regarding immigration, who why and how it's done is a whole different discussion. Nothing to do with this Fiasco for election purposes only.
Yes I know the troops are for show.

It can be predicted because this isn't the first time there's been a caravan.

Maybe so but this is the first caravan that got all this attention. I guess we will see.
(11-03-2018, 02:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes I know the troops are for show.

Maybe so but this is the first caravan that got all this attention. I guess we will see.

Laughing And gee, why was that again?
(11-03-2018, 02:54 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-03-2018, 02:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes I know the troops are for show.

Laughing And gee, why was that again?

Because of Trump and IMO it should have our attention.

Nobody wants too many immigrants and we certainly need to work on common sense solutions that we have ALL put off for too long. Same can be said for the healthcare issues we face.  

And YOU do not need to get offended when when anyone uses the language I used toward SD because it really describes a frame of mind he  (and others) have that YOU certainly do not.