WE got a free 20# Turky at Fred Meyer
(11-25-2018, 09:13 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 06:55 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I think the idea behind remodeling the South store was to make it distinct from the North store instead of a smaller identical store. Unfortunately for me, the only reason I went in there was for the electronics section. They eliminated it. Much bigger prepared foods section, but who cares? I  don't go out to eat at Freddie's.

Oh!  I didn't notice there wasn't an electric supply section. but now that you mention it...

People keep telling me that there is a place in Freddies where you can go and buy wine and drink it there.  I still haven't noticed it at the  North Freddies...they seem to have deli seating, but at the South one it seemed like a big thing and I wondered if that was part of it, that other things were sacrificed for having that.  Serving in alcohol in mundane places has hit our podunk part of southern Oregon.  They serve booze at the movie theater now too.
There's a big trend towards supermarkets with real restaurants inside, which of course,  being Southern Oregon, is another trend we're behind on. And yes, serving alcohol. 
Lots of Kroger’s( Freddie's corporate owner) have put in dine-in areas.
(11-25-2018, 10:06 AM)bbqboy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 06:55 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I think the idea behind remodeling the South store was to make it distinct from the North store instead of a smaller identical store. Unfortunately for me, the only reason I went in there was for the electronics section. They eliminated it. Much bigger prepared foods section, but who cares? I  don't go out to eat at Freddie's.

Oh!  I didn't notice there wasn't an electric supply section. but now that you mention it...

People keep telling me that there is a place in Freddies where you can go and buy wine and drink it there.  I still haven't noticed it at the  North Freddies...they seem to have deli seating, but at the South one it seemed like a big thing and I wondered if that was part of it, that other things were sacrificed for having that.  Serving in alcohol in mundane places has hit our podunk part of southern Oregon.  They serve booze at the movie theater now too.
There's a big trend towards supermarkets with real restaurants inside, which of course,  being Southern Oregon, is another trend we're behind on. And yes, serving alcohol. 
 I remember back when there was a Kmart on Barnett (about where Winco is) and I think they had a lunch counter.
(11-25-2018, 01:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 10:06 AM)bbqboy Wrote:

I remember back when there was a Kmart on Barnett (about where Winco is) and I think they had a lunch counter.

Yes.  And didn't Newberry's didn't it?
Every dime store had a lunch counter. And Winco is in the former K-Mart. I still don't want to take a date to Freddie's.
(11-25-2018, 03:24 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Every dime store had a lunch counter. And Winco is in the former K-Mart. I still don't want to take a date to Freddie's.

Was there a lunch counter at the old Kmart? My wife says no.
(11-25-2018, 03:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 03:24 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Every dime store had a lunch counter. And Winco is in the former K-Mart. I still don't want to take a date to Freddie's.

I actually don't remember there being one.  What about Newberry's what does your wife say about that?
(11-25-2018, 03:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 03:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I actually don't remember there being one.  What about New berry's what does your wife say about that?
I don't know, she went to pick up our food a Fred Meyer Razz

I don't remember ever going in to a newberrys store. I'm not sure if I'm thinking about a store in Ohio or here

edit... I just Googled it and Kmart did have lunch counters. Not sure if ours did.
The Kmart sold hoagies somewhere near the front desk.
I don't remember a real lunch counter.
Anyway, I'm looking at this Clicklist thing. I'm not sure what the appeal is. I buy these specific salads in bags to take to work, but they aren't listed, but I buy them there... So, that's my first confusion with it. I'm still examining it. I suppose once it has most of your preferences in, the stuff you buy weekly, it could be convenient, but so far I'm not able to to find a pretty basic item that I could go pick off the shelf.
(11-25-2018, 03:51 PM)bbqboy Wrote: The Kmart sold hoagies somewhere near the front desk.
I don't remember a real lunch counter.

OK,I don't know where I remember it from.
(11-25-2018, 05:13 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyway, I'm looking at this Clicklist thing. I'm not sure what the appeal is.  I buy these specific salads in bags to take to work, but they aren't listed, but I buy them there... So, that's my first confusion with it.  I'm still examining it.  I suppose once it has most of your preferences in, the stuff you buy weekly, it could be convenient, but so far I'm not able to to find a pretty basic item that I could go pick off the shelf.

I'm not sure what the appeal is.

Pretty sure it's the fact that it's faster, easier and you don't even have to get out of your car. Razz

Beats me my wife does it.

Is it one of these salads?
(11-25-2018, 05:13 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyway, I'm looking at this Clicklist thing. I'm not sure what the appeal is. I buy these specific salads in bags to take to work, but they aren't listed, but I buy them there... So, that's my first confusion with it. I'm still examining it. I suppose once it has most of your preferences in, the stuff you buy weekly, it could be convenient, but so far I'm not able to to find a pretty basic item that I could go pick off the shelf.
Did the salads have any romaine in them? They've all been pulled.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(11-25-2018, 06:37 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 05:13 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyway, I'm looking at this Clicklist thing. I'm not sure what the appeal is.  I buy these specific salads in bags to take to work, but they aren't listed, but I buy them there... So, that's my first confusion with it.  I'm still examining it.  I suppose once it has most of your preferences in, the stuff you buy weekly, it could be convenient, but so far I'm not able to to find a pretty basic item that I could go pick off the shelf.
Did the salads have any romaine in them? They've all been pulled.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I considered that possibility, but no, they are mainly cabbage and stuff.
I must be the only one who enjoys grocery shopping.
(11-25-2018, 07:05 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I must be the only one who enjoys grocery shopping.

Probably.  I just hate any kind of shopping.
(11-25-2018, 05:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Pretty sure it's the fact that it's faster, easier and you don't even have to get out of your car. Razz

Nope!
(11-25-2018, 07:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Nope!
Well what is it? brand name?
(11-25-2018, 07:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Nope!

Uhhh....I don't know the brand name.   Some Asian salad thingy.
(11-25-2018, 07:16 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Nope!

Maybe that's why you can't find it.
(11-25-2018, 07:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 07:16 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 05:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:  I'm not sure what the appeal is.

Nope!

Maybe that's why you can't find it.
Then that's why this click baity thing isn't working so hot for me.  It's usually right on the shelf.  Next to all the other bagged salads.