If the same rooster wakes me again tomorrow
He's going to look like this Laughing

The bastard woke me up and would not shut up for a half an hour. I couldn't figure out why he was suddenly so loud.
So I went out and he was in my front yard. By the time I got my pellet gun he was back in the neighbors yard.
I don't know or care about the legalities If I catch him in my yard he's dead.

[Image: latest?cb=20180520022804]
Roosters are loud. I like the sound of them. In someone elses yard. Big Grin
(01-09-2019, 09:11 PM)Juniper Wrote: Roosters are loud. I like the sound of them. In someone elses yard. Big Grin

They have the timing down perfectly. You almost fall asleep and he crows again.. every time Mad Mad

The neighbors don't need a stupid rooster anyway. They have plenty of egg layers.
(01-09-2019, 09:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 09:11 PM)Juniper Wrote: Roosters are loud. I like the sound of them. In someone elses yard. Big Grin

They have the timing down perfectly. You almost fall asleep and he crows again.. every time Mad Mad

The neighbors don't need a stupid rooster anyway. They have plenty of egg layers.

Roosters are good, if cats are in the area. They protect the hens.
(01-09-2019, 10:01 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 09:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Roosters are good, if cats are in the area. They protect the hens.

I didn't think cats messed with chickens, if they do it's rare. Baby chicks? Different story.
Many years ago we had chickens, Between the skunks, raccoons, foxes, etc, I got a rooster for protection and an early alert warning system for me. I ultimately dispatched him, it was not worth it. They are very destructive to the hens, with the long ass sharp spurs leaving bald spots on their backs from all the action. The slowest hen was bloodied from him. The day he decided to come at me was his last.

I'd say if he is in your yard it is your legal right to do as you wish, just remember the 3 S's, Shoot, shovel and shut up.
So, did the rooster survive another day?? Inquiring minds want to know.   Razz
(01-10-2019, 10:32 AM)Cuzz Wrote: So, did the rooster survive another day?? Inquiring minds want to know.   Razz

I never heard a peep. One thing I did mention about yesterday.. I did shoot him, from a long way off with a pellet gun and I don't think it hurt him one bit.
Feathers are amazing at how much they can absorb energy. Anyone who has hunted duck or pheasant knows this.
Anyway maybe he's smart enough to know I fired one across his bow.. so to speak.

This just in..... the wife said she heard the rooster and then it sounded like our dog got him..But I couldn't find any feathers Confused
(01-10-2019, 02:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 10:32 AM)Cuzz Wrote: So, did the rooster survive another day?? Inquiring minds want to know.   Razz

I never heard a peep. One thing I did mention about yesterday.. I did shoot him, from a long way off with a pellet gun and I don't think it hurt him one bit.
Feathers are amazing at how much they can absorb energy. Anyone who has hunted duck or pheasant knows this.
Anyway maybe he's smart enough to know I fired one across his bow.. so to speak.

This just in..... the wife said she heard the rooster and then it sounded like our dog got him..But I couldn't find any feathers Confused

Laughing Laughing   good story, I'd stick with that.