Music
(01-02-2019, 08:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 08:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 07:52 PM)Juniper Wrote: Wow! Pegi Young died!  That leaves Ben with Neil!

You are a true "fan". You know a lot about who you like and you seem to follow anything related . The Beatles, Neil.    You're scary Razz
Of course I'm kidding. Who is Ben.

Ben. Second son. Very involved Cerebral palsy. He can't talk or walk or move really. He needs constant care.  He has another older son from another (dead) wife who also has CP but is not so severely affected. I thought Ben was still with Pegi on the Ranch.

OK yes I knew about the sick kid I just didn't know his name.I didn't know about the second one. Poor Neil , a lot to deal with.
(01-02-2019, 09:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 08:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 08:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2019, 07:52 PM)Juniper Wrote: Wow! Pegi Young died!  That leaves Ben with Neil!

You are a true "fan". You know a lot about who you like and you seem to follow anything related . The Beatles, Neil.    You're scary Razz
Of course I'm kidding. Who is Ben.

Ben. Second son. Very involved Cerebral palsy. He can't talk or walk or move really. He needs constant care.  He has another older son from another (dead) wife who also has CP but is not so severely affected. I thought Ben was still with Pegi on the Ranch.

OK yes I knew about the sick kid I just didn't know his name.I didn't know about the second one. Poor Neil , a lot to deal with.

Well, lucky kids. If you are going to have a terrible disability it's good to have the care you need.
Do you think Darryl wears her mermaid outfit around the house?
(01-03-2019, 06:49 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Do you think Darryl wears her mermaid outfit around the house?

Groan....! Rolling Eyes
(01-12-2019, 08:54 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
That must have been created with a wink to the Beatles. Big Grin
(01-12-2019, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:

what makes you say that, TV?
Woodstock 50th Anniversary!
2 concerts!
Both are scheduled for Aug. 16-18, 2019! One will be held at the original site in Bethel, New York and the other will be held about 150 miles away.
https://www.news.meredithlmg.com/two-woo...b61b8.html

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(01-12-2019, 05:56 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Is it the music, TV?  or what?
(01-13-2019, 12:55 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Yes it sounds exactly like a Beatles song. Don't you think so?

I just played it for my wife and she instantly asked... "Is it the Beatles?" The beat is the same as "A day in the life"  

Woke up, got out of bed, dragged a comb across my head.
(01-13-2019, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I just played it for my wife and she instantly asked... "Is it the Beatles?" The beat is the same as "A day in the life"  

Hmmmm...Well, I guess I hear the 'beat' from that portion of the song, but I would never confuse an ELO song with a Beatles song. ELO has a very specific sound.
(01-13-2019, 03:16 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 01:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: That must have been created with a wink to the Beatles. Big Grin

Hmmmm...Well, I guess I hear the 'beat' from that portion of the song, but I would never confuse an ELO song with a Beatles song. ELO has a very specific sound.
I can't believe you don't think it's Beatleish  And I didn't mean only the beat. It's the first thing I thought when I played it even knowing it was ELO.

And like I said my wife actually thought it was the Beatles LOL

Beatles influence

The Beatles were a major influence on Lynne. In 1968, while performing with the Idle Race, he met The Beatles during the making of The White Album. Years later he admitted, "To be in the same room as the four of them caused me not to sleep for, like, three days." The original aim of Electric Light Orchestra was to take up "where the Beatles had left off, and to present it on stage." John Lennon praised the group, calling them the "sons of the Beatles".[1]
Critics often compared Electric Light Orchestra to The Beatles, and they were often criticised for "ripping off" the band. Lynne admitted that he "was very influenced by the Beatles' sound of '68 and '69. That has obviously been a big influence on the way [he] looked at songwriting" and said that being compared with The Beatles was the "ultimate compliment".[2]

Your Honor, I rest my case. Razz Laughing

(01-13-2019, 05:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 05:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: what makes you say that, TV?

I can't believe you don't think it's Beatleish  And I didn't mean only the beat. It's the first thing I thought when I played it even knowing it was ELO.

Beatles influence

The Beatles were a major influence on Lynne. In 1968, while performing with the Idle Race, he met The Beatles during the making of The White Album. Years later he admitted, "To be in the same room as the four of them caused me not to sleep for, like, three days." The original aim of Electric Light Orchestra was to take up "where the Beatles had left off, and to present it on stage." John Lennon praised the group, calling them the "sons of the Beatles".[1]
Critics often compared Electric Light Orchestra to The Beatles, and they were often criticised for "ripping off" the band. Lynne admitted that he "was very influenced by the Beatles' sound of '68 and '69. That has obviously been a big influence on the way [he] looked at songwriting" and said that being compared with The Beatles was the "ultimate compliment".[2]

They were friends with Jeff Lynne.  Everyone was influencing each other.  John was so mercurial, one day he'd be saying one thing and the next, something different. I think John was the least reliable source material for the Beatles. Lynne was great friends with George and helped to produce those post-Lennon/Lennon songs: Free as a bird, and Real Love. I'm not saying ELO wasn't influenced; everyone was influenced. I'm just saying that when I hear ELO, I don't think of The Beatles.
(01-13-2019, 06:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 12:55 PM)Juniper Wrote: Is it the music, TV?  or what?

Beatles influence

Critics often compared Electric Light Orchestra to The Beatles, and they were often criticized for "ripping off" the band. Lynne admitted that he "was very influenced by the Beatles' sound of '68 and '69. That has obviously been a big influence on the way [he] looked at songwriting" and said that being compared with The Beatles was the "ultimate compliment".[2]

They were friends with Jeff Lynne.  Everyone was influencing each other.  John was I think John was the least reliable source material for the Beatles. Lynne was great friends with George and helped to produce those post-Lennon/Lennon songs: Free as a bird, and Real Love. I'm not saying ELO wasn't influenced; everyone was influenced. I'm just saying that when I hear ELO, I don't think of The Beatles.

I'm just saying that when I hear ELO, I don't think of The Beatles.

I'm not saying that either. I'm talking about that one particular song. I thought of all people, you with your Beatles obsession would notice the similarity.
I'm gobmacked that you don't Razz

OK so you say John was not one to listen to but how do you splain this?.....

[b]Critics often compared Electric Light Orchestra to The Beatles, and they were often criticized for "ripping off" the band

[/b]
What's with all the shouting???
(01-13-2019, 06:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote: What's with all the shouting???
 I thought shouting was all caps? And larger font to me is simply to illustrating the mail point in a paragraph.
(01-13-2019, 06:28 PM)Cuzz Wrote: What's with all the shouting???

He's not shouting. Rolling Eyes
(01-13-2019, 06:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes it sounds exactly like a Beatles song. Don't you think so?

Beatles influence

Critics often compared Electric Light Orchestra to The Beatles, and they were often criticized for "ripping off" the band. Lynne admitted that he "was very influenced by the Beatles' sound of '68 and '69. That has obviously been a big influence on the way [he] looked at songwriting" and said that being compared with The Beatles was the "ultimate compliment".[2]

They were friends with Jeff Lynne.  Everyone was influencing each other.  John was I think John was the least reliable source material for the Beatles. Lynne was great friends with George and helped to produce those post-Lennon/Lennon songs: Free as a bird, and Real Love. I'm not saying ELO wasn't influenced; everyone was influenced. I'm just saying that when I hear ELO, I don't think of The Beatles.

I'm not saying that either. I'm talking about that one particular song. I thought of all people, you with your Beatles obsession would notice the similarity.

[b]Critics often compared Electric Light Orchestra to The Beatles, and they were often criticized for "ripping off" the band

[/b]

I'm not saying they did or didn't. I just don't really hear it. Actually, if I listen to it, and compare, I can see why you would see it. Or, rather, hear it. I've just always found them quite different.  To be truthful I found early Bowie sometimes sounded Beatle-ish.

And why do you say I have an obsession?  They are not actually my favorite music.  I love them, but they aren't my favorite band ever.
(01-13-2019, 06:40 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 03:16 PM)Juniper Wrote: Hmmmm...Well, I guess I hear the 'beat' from that portion of the song, but I would never confuse an ELO song with a Beatles song. ELO has a very specific sound.

Beatles influence

[/b]

I'm not saying they did or didn't. I just don't really hear it. Actually, if I listen to it, and compare, I can see why you would see it. Or, rather, hear it. I've just always found them quite different.  To be truthful I found early Bowie sometimes sounded Beatle-ish.

And why do you say I have an obsession?  They are not actually my favorite music.  I love them, but they aren't my favorite band ever.
Maybe because you are more familiar with the Beatles than most that's why YOU "don't really hear it".

Obsession is the wrong word I suppose LOL I knew that would get you. Razz  But IMO for you FAN was not strong enough Laughing
It seems you have posted something about the Beatles a LOT on FB. I don't remember seeing any other bands.
And you seem to know a lot of trivial stuff about them.
(01-13-2019, 07:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:40 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 05:28 PM)tvguy Wrote: I can't believe you don't think it's Beatleish  And I didn't mean only the beat. It's the first thing I thought when I played it even knowing it was ELO.

Beatles influence

[/b]

Maybe because you are more familiar with the Beatles than most that's why YOU "don't really hear it".

Obsession is the wrong word I suppose LOL I knew that would get you. Razz  But IMO for you FAN was not strong enough Laughing
It seems you have posted something about the Beatles a LOT on FB. I don't remember seeing any other bands.
And you seem to know a lot of trivial stuff about them.

I have different connections to the music. ELO was more 70's, more my adolescence. The Beatles were more my earlier years.