Poll: See Original Post
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
28.57%
2 28.57%
No
14.29%
1 14.29%
At strategic locations only
57.14%
4 57.14%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hypothetical Wall Poll
(01-11-2019, 06:30 PM)GCG Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 06:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 06:03 PM)GCG Wrote: I don't view Mexico as our ally at all. Nor do I equate "friend" with "ally."

You  didn't vote did you?

Nope. Unless better people start running for office, I will never vote again. I plead the George Carlin defense: "I didn't vote so don't blame me for the sorry state of our government."

I meant did you on THIS pole Laughing Laughing
(01-11-2019, 06:03 PM)GCG Wrote: I don't view Mexico as our ally at all. Nor do I equate "friend" with "ally."

Nope. Unless better people start running for office, I will never vote again. I plead the George Carlin defense: "I didn't vote so don't blame me for the sorry state of our government."

You're right, you can't be blamed.  Nor can you consider yourself a participating citizen.
(01-11-2019, 07:39 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

You're right, you can't be blamed.  Nor can you consider yourself a participating citizen.
If one does not vote for a person then he lessens that persons chnace of winning. That's participating Laughing Razz
(01-11-2019, 07:39 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

You didn't vote either, why not?
(01-11-2019, 03:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 02:15 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Why are you discriminating against the Northern border? The question is racist and political by definition.
And by the way, you’re talking about a wall between us and one of our allies. Supposedly our friends, though we kick them in the Nuts.
And it is a poll.

Seriously we don't have an issue with illegals coming form the north.

Also It's absurd to claim it's racist. IMO we have too many illegals already and we have to put a stop to it sooner or later.
I would feel the same if all those from the south coming here were snow white.

Also I'm in favor of giving citizenship to all of the establishes illegals who are alterable here. Would a racist feel that way?

you’re talking about a wall between us and one of our allies. Supposedly our friends.

None of my friends sneak in to my yard and set up camp.

Also we already have am immigration program. WE allow one million in to this country every year.

Funny you should mention that. Tonight on the PBS News Hour it was reported that 6 people on the terror watch list were apprehended on the southern border. During the same time period 41 were apprehended on the northern border. Guess trumps terrorist fears are misplaced.

Surprised?
(01-11-2019, 08:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 03:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 02:15 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Why are you discriminating against the Northern border? The question is racist and political by definition.
And by the way, you’re talking about a wall between us and one of our allies. Supposedly our friends, though we kick them in the Nuts.
And it is a poll.

Seriously we don't have an issue with illegals coming form the north.

Also It's absurd to claim it's racist. IMO we have too many illegals already and we have to put a stop to it sooner or later.
I would feel the same if all those from the south coming here were snow white.

Also I'm in favor of giving citizenship to all of the establishes illegals who are alterable here. Would a racist feel that way?

you’re talking about a wall between us and one of our allies. Supposedly our friends.

None of my friends sneak in to my yard and set up camp.

Also we already have am immigration program. WE allow one million in to this country every year.

Funny you should mention that. Tonight on the PBS News Hour it was reported that 6 people on the terror watch list were apprehended on the southern border. During the same time period 41 were apprehended on the northern border. Guess trumps terrorist fears are misplaced.

Surprised?
Of course not. I assume most of these terrorist are middle eastern. Why would they go to the border that has more security?
IMO terrorists have very little to do with border security to the south.
(01-11-2019, 06:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I meant did you  on THIS pole Laughing Laughing

Yes I voted YES. $6 billion is peanuts and the only reasons for opposition are those that want unfettered immigration at will and those that can't stand the idea of Trump getting the "win." If it gets built and doesn't work then the left can point to Trump's stupid wall. If it gets built and does work then we, as a nation, will all win. I say this with full knowledge that building a wall is not going to solve the total problem. But I am against the "strategic location" idea. Reminds me of the toll booth scene in Blazing Saddles.

This solution is non-biased and offers protection both north and south: 

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/b11gwm/com...ver-of-gas

I can't hotlink it and there is a 15 sec ad before it starts.
(01-11-2019, 11:30 PM)GCG Wrote:

Yes I voted YES. $6 billion is peanuts and the only reasons for opposition are those that want unfettered immigration at will and those that can't stand the idea of Trump getting the "win." If it gets built and doesn't work then the left can point to Trump's stupid wall. If it gets built and does work then we, as a nation, will all win. I say this with full knowledge that building a wall is not going to solve the total problem. But I am against the "strategic location" idea. Reminds me of the toll booth scene in Blazing Saddles.

Funny Big Grin
the only reasons for opposition are those that want unfettered immigration at will and those that can't stand the idea of Trump getting the "win."

Yeah I've heard that ASSUMPTION before. It's not true for me and plenty of others. Yes I don't want Trump "getting the win" Why? because the POS lying asshole got votes with his lie saying Mexico would pay for HIS wall.

I would like to see someone ANYONE but him build a fence barrier or secure the border because frankly the man is not smart enough to spend 6 billion dollars.

Plus building the wall is not suddenly a crisis like the liar is claiming. People are NOT dying because  we won't build a wall to stop heroin from coming in.

And the illegals are not as dangerous as the liar wants to makes us think.
He's full of shit and NOW he is black mailing America and until we pay his ransom lots of American citizens are suffering.

He's no leader he's a giant FRAUD.
(01-12-2019, 01:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 06:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: You  didn't vote did you?

Funny Big Grin
the only reasons for opposition are those that want unfettered immigration at will and those that can't stand the idea of Trump getting the "win."

Yeah I've heard that ASSUMPTION before. It's not true for me and plenty of others. Yes I don't want Trump "getting the win" Why? because the POS lying asshole got votes with his lie saying Mexico would pay for HIS wall.

I would like to see someone ANYONE but him build a fence barrier or secure the border because frankly the man is not smart enough to spend 6 billion dollars.

Plus building the wall is not suddenly a crisis like the liar is claiming. People are NOT dying because  we won't build a wall to stop heroin from coming in.

He's full of shit and NOW he is black mailing America and until we pay his ransom lots of American citizens are suffering.

Uhhhhh excuse me but I think you pretty much proved my point:

Your words: "I would like to see someone ANYONE but him build a fence barrier or secure the border because frankly the man is not smart enough to spend 6 billion dollars."

Look, I don't like that he is POTUS. It's embarrassing. But we need to stop talking about border security and do something. This has been going on for decades! No fucking progress whatsoever! And yeah, I agree, this is not about safety or drugs... it's about economics! He should just say that. In the meanwhile... build the fuckin wall.
(01-12-2019, 05:11 PM)GCG Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 06:30 PM)GCG Wrote: Nope. Unless better people start running for office, I will never vote again. I plead the George Carlin defense: "I didn't vote so don't blame me for the sorry state of our government."

Funny Big Grin

Your words: "I would like to see someone ANYONE but him build a fence barrier or secure the border because frankly the man is not smart enough to spend 6 billion dollars."

Look, I don't like that he is POTUS. It's embarrassing. But we need to stop talking about border security and do something. This has been going on for decades! No fucking progress whatsoever! And yeah, I agree, this is not about safety or drugs... it's about economics! He should just say that. In the meanwhile... build the fuckin wall.

Wait. You agree it won't solve any of the problems trump claims. But you still want to spend $5B (++) to build a wall that will be a yuge ongoing problem and money suck??
(01-12-2019, 05:18 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 06:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: I meant did you  on THIS pole Laughing Laughing

Funny Big Grin

Wait. You agree it won't solve any of the problems trump claims. But you still want to spend $5B (++) to build a wall that will be a yuge ongoing problem and money suck??

I never said that I agree with Trump's claims. I do think that we need a solid barrier down there as part of a larger, more complex way to stem the flow of illegals. And I do not see how the "money suck" could come anywhere near the "money suck" that we are already spending on taking care of those illegals that are mooching off our system. And before anyone says it... I did not say that all illegals are mooching.

As to Trump's stated reasons for stuff. He lies. For how long have we been calling our elected leaders full of shit? THEY ARE ALL FULL OF SHIT! But that's not what bothers us. What bothers us is that they think that we are stupid enough to believe them. Why is that? Because some of us are! News flash: the stupidity resides on both extremes. The extremes make the noise.
(01-12-2019, 05:22 PM)GCG Wrote:
(01-11-2019, 11:30 PM)GCG Wrote: Yes I voted YES. $6 billion is peanuts and the only reasons for opposition are those that want unfettered immigration at will and those that can't stand the idea of Trump getting the "win." If it gets built and doesn't work then the left can point to Trump's stupid wall. If it gets built and does work then we, as a nation, will all win. I say this with full knowledge that building a wall is not going to solve the total problem. But I am against the "strategic location" idea. Reminds me of the toll booth scene in Blazing Saddles.

Funny Big Grin

I never said that I agree with Trump's claims. I do think that we need a solid barrier down there as part of a larger, more complex way to stem the flow of illegals. And I do not see how the "money suck" could come anywhere near the "money suck" that we are already spending on taking care of those illegals that are mooching off our system. And before anyone says it... I did not say that all illegals are mooching.

As to Trump's stated reasons for stuff. He lies. For how long have we been calling our elected leaders full of shit? THEY ARE ALL FULL OF SHIT! But that's not what bothers us. What bothers us is that they think that we are stupid enough to believe them. Why is that? Because some of us are! News flash: the stupidity resides on both extremes. The extremes make the noise.

Huh. OK, we disagree on the usefulness of a wall but not on the rest of what you said. I think most useful would be comprehensive immigration reform first. But I also think I'll be disappointed on that front.
(01-12-2019, 06:34 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 01:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Funny Big Grin

Huh. OK, we disagree on the usefulness of a wall but not on the rest of what you said. I think most useful would be comprehensive immigration reform first. But I also think I'll be disappointed on that front.

I typed this up the other night after a few tequilas... so tonight after a few more tequilas...:

Immigration is like filling a helium balloon. We need immigration to soar. But it must be measured. Too little and we begin to sink. Too much and we explode. The extremes don't want things to balance. What they don't understand is if either extreme wins, we all lose. We need a wall to help maintain balance. A wall doesn't stop immigration. It  helps to control it.
(01-12-2019, 07:14 PM)GCG Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 06:34 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-12-2019, 05:11 PM)GCG Wrote: Uhhhhh excuse me but I think you pretty much proved my point:

I typed this up the other night after a few tequilas... so tonight after a few more tequilas...:

Immigration is like filling a helium balloon. We need immigration to soar. But it must be measured. Too little and we begin to sink. Too much and we explode. The extremes don't want things to balance. What they don't understand is if either extreme wins, we all lose. We need a wall to help maintain balance. A wall doesn't stop immigration. It  helps to control it.
I liked what you said before and after the tequila
if you click on it, it should work..

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/10/683662691...ta-tell-us

Here's an article that tackles some actual numbers. If you have heartburn from the reporting coming from NPR feel free to link sources that you think refutes the numbers. Please remember that opinion pieces don't pack the same factual weight unless they provide the sources of their numbers.
(01-13-2019, 12:46 PM)Cuzz Wrote: https://www.npr.org/2019/01/10/683662691...ta-tell-us

Here's an article that tackles some actual numbers. If you have heartburn from the reporting coming from NPR feel free to link sources that you think refutes the numbers. Please remember that opinion pieces don't pack the same factual weight unless they provide the sources of their numbers.

NPR seems to get a lot of flak for being, what?  Left?  They are far less left than ABC and CNN.  I guess the fact that it's "public radio" makes it suspect.
(01-13-2019, 12:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 12:46 PM)Cuzz Wrote: https://www.npr.org/2019/01/10/683662691...ta-tell-us

NPR seems to get a lot of flak for being, what?  Left?  They are far less left than ABC and CNN.  I guess the fact that it's "public radio" makes it suspect.
True but after you listen to something on NPR they play the weirdest freaking music on the planet.
(01-13-2019, 02:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 12:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:

True but after you listen to something on NPR they play the weirdest freaking music on the planet.
Laughing Laughing  Relevance? Laughing Laughing