Music
(01-14-2019, 09:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 05:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have never heard of Badfinger.. Bad Company yes, Bowfinger yes and even stinkfinger Laughing Laughing

REALLY?  But you watched the end of Breaking Bad and the song wasn't familiar? the Baby Blue song?

Nope, Other than in Breaking bad I don't remember the song.  "Day after day" might be the only song I recognize from that group.
(01-15-2019, 07:11 PM)GCG Wrote: So dead around here. I'll just post this for fun. This was/is my kind of music. I forgot about how much I enjoy Robin Trower.

Great album I had it for sure. I probably have it in my album stash on the second floor of my shop.

Any more I don't play albums OR CD's. I just play songs from Youtube. I bought a new Fender guitar amp and it's also has bluetooth capability so music sounds great played through that little Jewell  Smiling
Also the TV in my shop is hooked up to a steno with Bose speakers so I save concerts on my Direct TV play list.

TMI LOL
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1MZEDQbtA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk57K4OGrAg

From the Magic Christian.
(01-16-2019, 08:04 AM)bbqboy Wrote: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9x1MZEDQbtA

I guess that's two more songs I always thought were the Beatles.
(01-16-2019, 01:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

If you want it practically is. McCartney wrote and produced it and told them exactly how to play and sing it.
(01-15-2019, 11:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 09:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 05:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: I have never heard of Badfinger.. Bad Company yes, Bowfinger yes and even stinkfinger Laughing Laughing

REALLY?  But you watched the end of Breaking Bad and the song wasn't familiar? the Baby Blue song?

Nope, Other than in Breaking bad I don't remember the song.  "Day after day" might be the only song I recognize from that group.
When that song played at the end of the series, for me,it was like one of those nostalgia rushes you get when you hear a very familiar song but one you haven't heard for a really long time. I was never a Badfinger fan (they used to be The Ivies), but still I know all their hits.
(01-16-2019, 08:22 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 01:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

If you want it practically is. McCartney wrote and produced it and told them exactly how to play and sing it.

I had no clue. I have always thought it was Paul.
(01-13-2019, 07:53 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:49 PM)GCG Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 06:40 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm not saying they did or didn't. I just don't really hear it. Actually, if I listen to it, and compare, I can see why you would see it. Or, rather, hear it. I've just always found them quite different.  To be truthful I found early Bowie sometimes sounded Beatle-ish.

And why do you say I have an obsession?  They are not actually my favorite music.  I love them, but they aren't my favorite band ever.
Maybe because you are more familiar with the Beatles than most that's why YOU "don't really hear it".

And why do you say I have an obsession?  They are not actually my favorite music.  I love them, but they aren't my favorite band ever.

Obsession is the wrong word I suppose LOL I knew that would get you. Razz  But IMO for you FAN was not strong enough Laughing
It seems you have posted something about the Beatles a LOT on FB. I don't remember seeing any other bands.
And you seem to know a lot of trivial stuff about them.

I have different connections to the music. ELO was more 70's, more my adolescence. The Beatles were more my earlier years.

The Traveling Wilburys brought them all together. But I enjoy and differentiate each artist's music.... with the exception of Dylan. I was never much of a Dylan fan. I think Orbison and Lynne sound a lot alike... and their voices together sound like Petty... but my wife says I'm tone deaf, so what do I know?

I love the Traveling Wilburys.  I heard one of their songs the other day on the radio, and the only voice I heard on it that sounded a bit off, as in more recognizable was Orbison's.  His voice is different and isn't quite as in harmony as the rest.

It was Lynne who really created the connection with Orbison. By the time the video was shot for It's all right, Obison had already passed and is represented by his guitar in the rocking chair.  Now the only one left of the main 4 is Dylan.  
(01-17-2019, 08:21 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:35 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: Maybe because you are more familiar with the Beatles than most that's why YOU "don't really hear it".

Obsession is the wrong word I suppose LOL I knew that would get you. Razz  But IMO for you FAN was not strong enough Laughing
It seems you have posted something about the Beatles a LOT on FB. I don't remember seeing any other bands.
And you seem to know a lot of trivial stuff about them.

I have different connections to the music. ELO was more 70's, more my adolescence. The Beatles were more my earlier years.

The Traveling Wilburys brought them all together. But I enjoy and differentiate each artist's music.... with the exception of Dylan. I was never much of a Dylan fan. I think Orbison and Lynne sound a lot alike... and their voices together sound like Petty... but my wife says I'm tone deaf, so what do I know?

I love the Traveling Wilburys.  I heard one of their songs the other day on the radio, and the only voice I heard on it that sounded a bit off, as in more recognizable was Orbison's.  His voice is different and isn't quite as in harmony as the rest.

It was Lynne who really created the connection with Orbison. By the time the video was shot for It's all right, Obison had already passed and is represented by his guitar in the rocking chair.  Now the only one left of the main 4 is Dylan.  

Yep
(01-17-2019, 10:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:35 PM)Juniper Wrote: I have different connections to the music. ELO was more 70's, more my adolescence. The Beatles were more my earlier years.

Yep

Well, Jeff Lynne is still alive so it's 5 really, with Lynne and Dylan still here.  You can hardly hear Lynnes Brummie accent.  Less apparent than Harrison's Scouse.
(01-17-2019, 10:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:49 PM)GCG Wrote: The Traveling Wilburys brought them all together. But I enjoy and differentiate each artist's music.... with the exception of Dylan. I was never much of a Dylan fan. I think Orbison and Lynne sound a lot alike... and their voices together sound like Petty... but my wife says I'm tone deaf, so what do I know?

Yep

Well, Jeff Lynne is still alive so it's 5 really, with Lynne and Dylan still here.  You can hardly hear Lynnes Brummie accent.  Less apparent than Harrison's Scouse.

And yet Keith Richards is alive and still rocking Razz
(01-13-2019, 07:49 PM)GCG Wrote: The Traveling Wilburys brought them all together. But I enjoy and differentiate each artist's music.... with the exception of Dylan. I was never much of a Dylan fan. I think Orbison and Lynne sound a lot alike... and their voices together sound like Petty... but my wife says I'm tone deaf, so what do I know?

Yep

I had to look those terms up to see what you were talking about.

You sure you're from around here???   Laughing
(01-18-2019, 12:20 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:53 PM)Juniper Wrote: I love the Traveling Wilburys.  I heard one of their songs the other day on the radio, and the only voice I heard on it that sounded a bit off, as in more recognizable was Orbison's.  His voice is different and isn't quite as in harmony as the rest.

Yep

I didn't bother. I'm thinking she was talking about different dialects.
(01-18-2019, 12:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:53 PM)Juniper Wrote: I love the Traveling Wilburys.  I heard one of their songs the other day on the radio, and the only voice I heard on it that sounded a bit off, as in more recognizable was Orbison's.  His voice is different and isn't quite as in harmony as the rest.

Yep

And yet Keith Richards is alive and still rocking Razz

I had the same thought.

Yep

Brummie is Birmingham....think Ozzy.  Scouse is Liverpool.  But you would know if someone said a Cockney accent.
(01-18-2019, 02:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 08:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: It was Lynne who really created the connection with Orbison. By the time the video was shot for It's all right, Obison had already passed and is represented by his guitar in the rocking chair.  Now the only one left of the main 4 is Dylan.  

Yep

Brummie is Birmingham....think Ozzy.  Scouse is Liverpool.  But you would know if someone said a Cockney accent.
With Ozzie I think of drugged out addle brained incoherent. But his wife definitely has some kind of horrible accent.
I can't stand to hear her speak. I don't think it's the accent as much as her seemingly playing it for all it's worth.
(01-18-2019, 03:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-18-2019, 02:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 10:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yep

With Ozzie I think of drugged out addle brained incoherent. But his wife definitely has some kind of horrible accent.
I can't stand to hear her speak. I don't think it's the accent as much as her seemingly playing it for all it's worth.

She has London accent.  Very different. I think it's just her own voice that's annoying. Ozzy may be drug addled and stutter, but he still has a Birmingham accent.
My hero Del Shannon was slated to replace Roy in the TWs but he decided to commit sucicide instead.
Jeff semi revived his career in the 80’s too. Sad
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H6jgGoyGLtE

Produced by Tom Petty.
Another glimpse 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_KgbnZEImso
(01-19-2019, 05:33 AM)bbqboy Wrote: My hero Del Shannon was slated to replace Roy in the TWs but he decided to commit sucicide instead.
Jeff semi revived his career in the 80’s too. Sad

Lots of music icons that followed were big Del Shannon fans.