Random video thread
(11-25-2018, 08:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 08:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: The YouTubing couple I watch accepts people "buying" them a coffee.  Their viewers just give them money for "coffee".  Crazy. Some people give them $5.00 and others will give them $50.00.!!    Another Youtuber I watch gets lots of gifts from all over the world. Some are just lame like tea towels and coffee cups, but other things also.

Most YouTube videos I see that have had a lot of views start with a commercial. Whomever made the commercial are definitely paying the person who made and put the video on youtube.

If you are seeing commercials on youtube, you need Adblock plus.
(11-26-2018, 10:10 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 08:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: The YouTubing couple I watch accepts people "buying" them a coffee.  Their viewers just give them money for "coffee".  Crazy. Some people give them $5.00 and others will give them $50.00.!!    Another Youtuber I watch gets lots of gifts from all over the world. Some are just lame like tea towels and coffee cups, but other things also.

Most YouTube videos I see that have had a lot of views start with a commercial. Whomever made the commercial are definitely paying the person who made and put the video on youtube.

Really? I'm talking about when you play the video. It comes on first before what you want to see. Sometimes it plays the whole thing but usually the commercial plays for a few seconds and then you can click on a tab that says "skip".
(11-26-2018, 03:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Really? I'm talking about when you play the video. It comes on first before what you want to see. Sometimes it plays the whole thing but usually the commercial plays for a few seconds and then you can click on a tab that says "skip".

Yup, I never see a single advertisement on YT. Using Firefox browser and the adblock add on. Actually, I changed ad blockers a few months back, and much prefer "ublock origin" but either one will work.

Matter of fact, it goes well beyond youtube, I couldn't imagine NOT using an ad blocker these days. If you want faster, safer browsing and less BS, install one of the blockers I mentioned, you'll be amazed at how much better the internet can be ad free.

Edit to add: I just checked the Youtube tab I have had open most the day. Ublock has blocked 101 items since I opened the tab.
Just confirmed Ublock origin is also available for Chrome
(11-26-2018, 03:41 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Yup, I never see a single advertisement on YT. Using Firefox browser and the adblock add on. Actually, I changed ad blockers a few months back, and much prefer "ublock origin" but either one will work.

Matter of fact, it goes well beyond youtube, I couldn't imagine NOT using an ad blocker these days. If you want faster, safer browsing and less BS, install one of the blockers I mentioned, you'll be amazed at how much better the internet can be ad free.
Oh I've had it in the past. I'll get it again I guess. I'm mostly here  Craigslist or Facebook and ads don't bother me there.
Anyway I googled it and I see there's an ongoing battle between Youtube/Google and adblock.
Thanks I'll give it a try.

safer browsing

I haven't had anything for years now LOL  No firewall . no Norton, No macafee no nothing LOL
(11-26-2018, 03:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 03:41 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(11-25-2018, 08:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: Most YouTube videos I see that have had a lot of views start with a commercial. Whomever made the commercial are definitely paying the person who made and put the video on youtube.

Oh I've had it in the past. I'll get it again I guess. I'm mostly here  Craigslist or Facebook and ads don't bother me there.
Anyway I googled it and I see there's an ongoing battle between Youtube/Google and adblock.
Thanks I'll give it a try.

safer browsing

I haven't had anything for years now LOL  No firewall . no Norton, No macafee no nothing LOL

Same, I just use the AV program that comes with Windows, defender, or whatever the hell it's called now. All the rest are nothing but resource hogs.
Anyway, when this couple had their luggage and all their credit cards, computers etc, etc, stolen from them in Paris they used their "coffee" money to live on till it all got straitened out. They were honest about it. They told the viewers. The viewers were delighted to have helped and sent more "coffee" money.
(11-26-2018, 08:50 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyway, when this couple had their luggage and all their credit cards, computers etc, etc, stolen from them in Paris they used their "coffee" money to live on till it all got straitened out.  They were honest about it. They told the viewers. The viewers were delighted to have helped and sent more "coffee" money.
Cray cray Smiling
(11-27-2018, 02:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-26-2018, 08:50 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyway, when this couple had their luggage and all their credit cards, computers etc, etc, stolen from them in Paris they used their "coffee" money to live on till it all got straitened out.  They were honest about it. They told the viewers. The viewers were delighted to have helped and sent more "coffee" money.
Cray cray Smiling

OH GAWD!!!  That 'triggers' me!!
(11-27-2018, 08:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
Cray cray Smiling

Yeah me too kind of. I like it because it's so stupid.
(11-27-2018, 08:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-27-2018, 08:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
Cray cray Smiling

Yeah me too kind of. I like it because it's so stupid.

"Trigger" is one of the kind of words that might be used in their posts...but what "triggers" them is stupid stuff, like using a phrase or doing something. I tend to use "trigger" for reactionary behaviors in individuals.
I ain't cleaning it up!!

(12-02-2018, 06:04 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I ain't cleaning it up!!

"INSIDE JOB! FORKLIFTS DON'T MELT SHELVES!"

I was wondering if this was in the USA and found that comment LOL.

I think in our country building codes (earthquake strict) would have prevented that.
(12-02-2018, 06:04 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I ain't cleaning it up!!

The problem with adblock is that I don't just watch youtube. I read many articles and go to many sites and they won't allow you on their sites if you have adblock. So either you have it and put up with it, or enable and disable and enable it over and over.  I don't know what's worse or more annoying.
(01-20-2019, 03:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:

The problem with adblock is that I don't just watch youtube. I read many articles and go to many sites and they won't allow you on their sites if you have adblock. So either you have it and put up with it, or enable and disable and enable it over and over.  I don't know what's worse or more annoying.

I think in all my surfing, there have only been 2 or 3 sites i have come across that block an ad blocker.  You can disable it on a per site basis and it will remember for future visits. It's easy and very well worth it to block 99% of internet ad nonsense.
(01-20-2019, 05:11 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-20-2019, 03:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I think in all my surfing, there have only been 2 or 3 sites i have come across that block an ad blocker.  You can disable it on a per site basis and it will remember for future visits. It's easy and very well worth it to block 99% of internet ad nonsense.

I run into it a lot. I got to lots of sites and it pops up OFTEN that I can't see content with the adblocker running.  If it can be done without constantly  having to reset it I would not mind so much.
Laughing
(01-31-2019, 11:20 AM)Cuzz Wrote: