Hero of the left a lying bastard

This POS, the newest hero of the left, is just another lying bastard.  His apologists say he never said he was a Vietnam vet, but who are you going to believe, him or your lying eyes?

This guy is a former Navy SEAL that makes it his mission the debunk these stolen valor POS’
Native American activist in viral video Never deployed to Vietnam, Marines say
NBC’s Savannah Guthrie and Nathan Phillips Spread Fake News About His Vietnam Claims

Purveyors of Fake News
And for you people that still believe is Snopes.  They are just another fake news site.....

Did Nathan Phillips Falsely Claim He Was a Vietnam Veteran?
Native American activist Nathan Phillips has violent criminal record and escaped from jail as teenager

The left should “vet” their heros.....
[Image: b5135d1086c9009f472efd62a1f8d591.jpg]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He is full of shit, no doubt. The fact he includes any sort of Vietnam qualifier whenever speaking of his service is clearly an attempt to gain undeserved attention.
(01-24-2019, 11:10 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

This guy is a former Navy SEAL that makes it his mission the debunk these stolen valor POS’

This guy is weird.
(01-24-2019, 11:21 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: And for you people that still believe is Snopes.  They are just another fake news site.....

Actually Snopes said this.....

Perhaps Phillips just slipped up in one video and forgot to include the qualifier about his service that he used in other videos and later press interviews, but nonetheless at times it has certainly sounded as though Phillips was trying to foster the impression that he had both served during the Vietnam War and had been deployed to Vietnam at some point during his service.
(01-24-2019, 12:16 PM)GPnative Wrote: He is full of shit, no doubt. The fact he includes any sort of Vietnam qualifier whenever speaking of his service is clearly an attempt to gain undeserved attention.

Most of the time he definitely tries to make people think he is a Vietnam war veteran by misleading .
But he has also outright made the false claim. What a piece of shit.

But the lefts hero? I'm left. He was Never my Hero.
(01-24-2019, 02:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 12:16 PM)GPnative Wrote: He is full of shit, no doubt. The fact he includes any sort of Vietnam qualifier whenever speaking of his service is clearly an attempt to gain undeserved attention.

Most of the time he definitely tries to make people think he is a Vietnam war veteran by misleading .

So he's a burned out military drop out. We don't pick, who gets to get in the news.

I'm sure the right wouldn't want to claim SFL, has their hero.
(01-24-2019, 06:16 PM)chuck white Wrote:

So he's a burned out military drop out. We don't pick, who gets to get in the news.

Actually I think he was picked to be on the news. I have heard he is paid to protest.

And he's not a military drop out. He served and was honorably discharged. Most vets I know are pretty much like me. I don't care if you were in the war or not. And I have nothing against anyone who protested the war.

But to mislead people that you were in Vietnam and in his case to actually lie and say he was.. Is despicable.
(01-24-2019, 06:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:

But to mislead people that you were in Vietnam and in his case to actually lie and say he was.. Is despicable.

Bingo!
(01-24-2019, 08:10 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 06:47 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Bingo!

Ya, back when I fought in WW2, we just ignored people like that.
(01-24-2019, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 11:21 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: And for you people that still believe is Snopes.  They are just another fake news site.....

Perhaps Phillips just slipped up in one video and forgot to include the qualifier about his service that he used in other videos and later press interviews, but nonetheless at times it has certainly sounded as though Phillips was trying to foster the impression that he had both served during the Vietnam War and had been deployed to Vietnam at some point during his service.

Phillips says that one of the boxes on his discharge papers say he was “in theater”.  That doesn’t mean he was at the movies....

"I'm a Vietnam Vet. You know, I served in Marine Corps '72 to '76," says Phillips. "I got discharged May 5, 1976. I got honorable discharge and one of the boxes shows peacetime or, what my box says is that I was 'in theater.' I don't talk much about my Vietnam times."

Snopes response to the video I posted was:

In an older, rambling self-made Facebook video that surfaced after the controversy broke, though, Phillips can seemingly be heard to say (at around the 9:35 mark) “I’m a Vietnam vet, and I served in Marine Corps 72 to 76. I got discharged May 5th, 1976 … I don’t talk much about my Vietnam times. I usually say I don’t recollect, I don’t recall those years”

So you have Phillips stating on video that he posted on FACEBOOK that he was in Vietnam and yet Snopes says that he “seemingly be heard to say”.  No.  He said it and Snopes is running cover and with that goes the last of their credibility.

He may not be your hero, but if you have been following this story he is the hero to the press, Hollywood, and many progressives.  All based on a lie.  The lie is not only his serve record, but what actually transpired with the Covington high school students
(01-25-2019, 08:24 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(01-24-2019, 02:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Phillips says that one of the boxes on his discharge papers say he was “in theater”.  That doesn’t mean he was at the movies....

"I'm a Vietnam Vet. You know, I served in Marine Corps '72 to '76," says Phillips. "I got discharged May 5, 1976. I got honorable discharge and one of the boxes shows peacetime or, what my box says is that I was 'in theater.' I don't talk much about my Vietnam times."

Snopes response to the video I posted was:

In an older, rambling self-made Facebook video that surfaced after the controversy broke, though, Phillips can seemingly be heard to say (at around the 9:35 mark) “I’m a Vietnam vet, and I served in Marine Corps 72 to 76. I got discharged May 5th, 1976 … I don’t talk much about my Vietnam times. I usually say I don’t recollect, I don’t recall those years”

So you have Phillips stating on video that he posted on FACEBOOK that he was in Vietnam and yet Snopes says that he “seemingly be heard to say”.  No.  He said it and Snopes is running cover and with that goes the last of their credibility.
Snopes didn't say he was in Vietnam . They just said it was unproven that he said he was. IMO they might be giving the guy a break because he could have simply left out the words "times" or "era" follow him saying he IN Vietnam.

I don't agree with their assessment either but that hardly means they have lost all credibility. After all they posted EVERY single thing the guy said as well as the videos.

But I know how common it is for you far right wingers to WANT to discredit Snopes because Snopes constantly posts the truth about a lot of far right wing lies and propaganda.
(01-25-2019, 08:27 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

He may not be your hero, but if you have been following this story he is the hero to the press, Hollywood, and many progressives.  All based on a lie.  The lie is not only his serve record, but what actually transpired with the Covington high school students
I know how much you want to believe he is the hero to so many people. I don't think he is anywhere near as popular as you think. NOW I think many who did like him may have seen the light.
(01-25-2019, 02:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-25-2019, 08:27 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

I know how much you want to believe he is the hero to so many people. I don't think he is anywhere near as popular as you think. NOW I think many who did like him may have seen the light.

There's probably more radical right wingnuts following him then anyone.

I'd never heard of the guy before and haven't since. Sort of a one story character if you know what I mean.