Dumb or Funny Headlines
This one isn't funny or dumb just kind'a awkward.

"Police: Medford Man Hit, Killed by Dump Truck Completed Suicide"
-KDRV

Completed?? shouldn't that be committed?
(01-31-2019, 06:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote: This one isn't funny or dumb just kind'a awkward.

-KDRV

Auto correct I guise. Yes it shoulder have ben commuted instead of complicated . Personality I veneer have any problematic  with my otto crate.
(01-31-2019, 07:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-31-2019, 06:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote: This one isn't funny or dumb just kind'a awkward.

-KDRV

Auto correct I guise. Yes it shoulder have ben commuted instead of complicated . Personality I veneer have any problematic  with my otto crate.

exactingly.
This just raises so many questions.   Laughing

"Scientists probing frozen slab of seal poop find memory stick with vacation photos"
-The Mercury News

My first thought was "so that's where they come from".
(02-06-2019, 09:25 AM)Cuzz Wrote: This just raises so many questions.   Laughing

"Scientists probing frozen slab of seal poop find memory stick with vacation photos"
-The Mercury News

Probably some fish ate the stick, then the seal ate the fish.
(02-06-2019, 06:36 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 09:25 AM)Cuzz Wrote: This just raises so many questions.   Laughing

-The Mercury News

So memory sticks come from fish? Got it.   Big Grin
(02-06-2019, 07:13 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 06:36 PM)chuck white Wrote:

-The Mercury News

So memory sticks come from fish? Got it.   Big Grin

Why not? Fish sticks come from fish?
Could explain recent election outcomes.   Just sayin'  Big Grin 

"'Zombie' deer disease is in 24 states and thousands of infected deer are eaten each year, expert warns"
-USA Today
(02-16-2019, 06:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Could explain recent election outcomes.   Just sayin'  Big Grin 

"'Zombie' deer disease is in 24 states and thousands of infected deer are eaten each year, expert warns"
-USA Today

Poor Larry/Hugo Sad
"The Frog Has Been Fully Boiled"
-Slate

You can decide if it's dumb or funny. I liked it and even guessed what the article was about before clicking on it.
(02-16-2019, 09:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 06:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Could explain recent election outcomes.   Just sayin'  Big Grin 

-USA Today

Poor Larry/Hugo Sad

Laughing Laughing
Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, was recently indicted for participation in a massage/prostitution ring in Florida. Last week, the prosecution dropped the charges in a plea deal.

The Headline I saw for it was "Happy Ending".
(03-26-2019, 08:53 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, was recently indicted for participation in a massage/prostitution ring in Florida.  Last week, the prosecution dropped the charges in a plea deal.

I'll bet.
(03-26-2019, 09:57 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 08:53 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Robert Kraft, the owner of the New England Patriots, was recently indicted for participation in a massage/prostitution ring in Florida.  Last week, the prosecution dropped the charges in a plea deal.

I'll bet.

And not entirely unexpected. The man has money.
(03-26-2019, 10:49 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

I'll bet.

Yeah I heard the "he has money" comments from a lot of people on FB who have utter disdain for the guy.

My take is different. The fact that he has money is the ONLY reason he is in the news, The only thing the man has been charged with is prostitution.
He is not alleged to have known anything at all about the sex trafficking  at the "massage parlor".

In other words if our national news was less like the National Enquirer we would have never heard of this guy.
And that would suit me just fine. Someone explain to me why anyone gives a rats ass about some old guy paying for sex?
(03-26-2019, 11:16 AM)tvguy Wrote:

I'll bet.

Yeah I heard the "he has money" comments from a lot of people on FB who have utter disdain for the guy.

My take is different. The fact that he has money is the ONLY reason he is in the news, The only thing the man has been charged with is prostitution.
He is not alleged to have known anything at all about the sex trafficking  at the "massage parlor".

In other words if our national news was less like the National Enquirer we would have never heard of this guy.
And that would suit me just fine. Someone explain to me why anyone gives a rats ass about some old guy paying for sex?

You're right, if he was Joe Blow from the corner pub he wouldn't be in the news. The fact he has money is why it's news worthy at all. It illustrates the different justice systems in the world, one for the wealthy and one for the rest. It ain't right but it's what we have.

As for disdaining him... I have no idea who he is.
(03-26-2019, 11:33 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

I'll bet.

You're right, if he was Joe Blow from the corner pub he wouldn't be in the news. The fact he has money is why it's news worthy at all. It illustrates the different justice systems in the world, one for the wealthy and one for the rest. It ain't right but it's what we have.

It illustrates the different justice systems in the world, one for the wealthy and one for the rest.

I don't see where you get that. He was one of many people arrested in a sting operation where they charged them all with soliciting prostitution.
Rich or not they all got the same plea deal he got.
He owns the New England patriots. That's the only reason he's on the news. It's funny how so many on FB want him crucified. In typical FB fashion they just assume he had something to do with sex trafficking.

As far as our Justice system I don't agree it's as simple as "one for the wealthy and one for the rest". I know the rich may be able to afford better attorneys in some cases.
I also think the poor very often get excellent court appointed attorneys.

I read a comment once that I thought described our legal system very well. It was something like...

America has the worst justice system, until you compare it to all the others in the world.
(03-26-2019, 12:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 09:57 AM)Juniper Wrote: I'll bet.

It illustrates the different justice systems in the world, one for the wealthy and one for the rest.

I don't see where you get that. He was one of many people arrested in a sting operation where they charged them all with soliciting prostitution.
He owns the New England patriots. That's the only reason he's on the news. It's funny how so many on FB want him crucified. In typical FB fashion they just assume he had something to do with sex trafficking.

As far as our Justice system I don't agree it's as simple as "one for the wealthy and one for the rest". I know the rich may be able to afford better attorneys in some cases.

I read a comment once that I thought described our legal system very well. It was something like...

America has the worst justice system, until you compare it to all the others in the world.

I just meant money buys you a little more justice. Sometimes it's unwarranted.
(03-26-2019, 12:36 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 12:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-26-2019, 10:49 AM)Cuzz Wrote: And not entirely unexpected. The man has money.

I just meant money buys you a little more justice. Sometimes it's unwarranted.

I agree. I was just venting about all the people who constantly cry about our Justice system. Smiling
They should legalize prostitution. Nothing wrong with consenting adults making a business deal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk