Ocasio-Coretz’s Plan Calls For Upgrading EVERY BUILDING in US, Phasing Out AIR TRAVEL
This "plan" is completely ridiculous.

On Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tapped eight Democrats to serve on a special committee to address climate change. Surprisingly, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was not among those named to the panel.
On Thursday, the outspoken 29-year-old freshman lawmaker was set to unveil her “Green New Deal”. ATR.org released the following overview of the radical plan:
[Image: 10491] 
Rebuild every single building in the U.S.
“Upgrade or replace every building in US for state-of-the-art energy efficiency.”
Will end all traditional forms of energy in the next ten years
The Green New Deal is “a 10-year plan to mobilize every aspect of American society at a scale not seen since World War 2 to achieve net-zero greenhouse gas emissions.”
Plans to ban nuclear energy within 10 years if possible
“It’s unclear if we will be able to decommission every nuclear plant within 10 years, but the plan is to transition off of nuclear and all fossil fuels as soon as possible.”
Build trains across oceans and end all air travel!
“Build out highspeed rail at a scale where air travel stops becoming necessary”.
Don’t invest in new technology of Carbon Capture and Storage, just plant trees instead!
“We believe the right way to capture carbon is to plant trees and restore our natural ecosystems. CCUS technology to date has not proven effective.”
Mandates all new jobs be unionized.
“Ensure that all GND jobs are union jobs that pay prevailing wages and hire local.”
May include a carbon tax.
“We’re not ruling a carbon tax out, but a carbon tax would be a tiny part of a Green New Deal.”
May include cap and trade.
“…Cap and trade may be a tiny part of the larger Green New Deal plan.”
How much will it cost?
No estimate of the total cost of implementing the Green New deal is offered by Ocasio-Cortez.
However, as Ocasio-Cortez admits, “even if every billionaire and company came together and were willing to pour all the resources at their disposal into this investment, the aggregate value of the investments they could make would not be sufficient.”
She does provide one estimate that the cost to “repair and upgrade infrastructure U.S. infrastructure” alone will cost “$4.6 trillion at minimum.”
How will it be paid for? Don’t worry about that.
Ocasio-Cortez doesn’t provide any insight into how the trillions of dollars in spending will be paid for other than claiming, “The Federal Reserve can extend credit to power these projects and investments and new public banks can be created to extend credit”.
Bus as Ocasio-Cortez says, “the question isn’t how will we pay for it, but what will we do with our new shared prosperity”.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/gen...hange.html
It's not a plan. It's more of a non-binding wish list. Not likely to ever pass a vote so not a thing to be worked up about like someone else around here. I don't think a lot of this is realistic today but I applaud her for getting people to talk about some of these things. That's more then anybody else is doing.
(02-07-2019, 06:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote: It's not a plan. It's more of a non-binding wish list. Not likely to ever pass a vote so not a thing to be worked up about like someone else around here. I don't think a lot of this is realistic today but I applaud her for getting people to talk about some of these things. That's more then anybody else is doing.

Or is it a plan? Before we applaud it might be worth finding out if she is serious or this is just your typical DC rhetoric. Unrealistic as it might sound, I think she means it!  Twitch
(02-07-2019, 06:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote: It's not a plan. It's more of a non-binding wish list. Not likely to ever pass a vote so not a thing to be worked up about like someone else around here. I don't think a lot of this is realistic today but I applaud her for getting people to talk about some of these things. That's more then anybody else is doing.

Plan or wish list either one is absurd.

I can't applaud someone who makes democrats or liberals ALL look like idiots.
(02-07-2019, 07:34 PM)GCG Wrote:

Or is it a plan? Before we applaud it might be worth finding out if she is serious or this is just your typical DC rhetoric. Unrealistic as it might sound, I think she means it!  Twitch

Unrealistic as it might sound, I think she means it

And if she does then she is an assclown making all of the left look like clowns.
(02-07-2019, 08:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Your not going all SFL on us now are you?   Razz

You know as well as I do that this is only one (or two) persons green deal. It in no way has wide support even among Democrats let alone the country at large. It doesn't do what you say except for SFL and some of his clones. And we can't do anything about that.   Laughing

I don't think it matters if she is serious, it's going nowhere. I do enjoy watching all the ruckus though.   Big Grin
(02-07-2019, 08:12 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

You know as well as I do that this is only one (or two) persons green deal. It in no way has wide support even among  Democrats let alone the country at large. It doesn't do what you say except for SFL and some of his clones. And we can't do anything about that.   Laughing
I didn't say this plan had support. I know it doesn't because it's ridiculous. What bothers me is that ANYONE supports it.
Just like I'm botherd by lots of far left whacky things.

It doesn't do what you say

What???

SFL has zero to do with anything.
(02-07-2019, 08:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You know as well as I do that this is only one (or two) persons green deal. It in no way has wide support even among  Democrats let alone the country at large. It doesn't do what you say except for SFL and some of his clones. And we can't do anything about that.   Laughing
I didn't say this plan had support. I know it doesn't because it's ridiculous. What bothers me is that ANYONE supports it.

What???

I meant it doesn't make democrats or liberals ALL look like idiots.

The democrats don't all think alike. You know that.
(02-07-2019, 08:33 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

What???

I meant it doesn't make democrats or liberals ALL look like idiots.

The democrats don't all think alike. You know that.
OK, I see.What I know is not all dems are that far left. But Yes IMO it does indeed make SOME people think we are all idiots.
I have friends who are republicans and don't normally post much political stuff.
I just had a friend post or a share a video on FB about OAC and it said "these are the people that want to run our country"

It was about Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez saying the United States should pay reparations to the non-white communities.

I hate to claim or admit I'm a liberal/dem when SOME people on the left want open borders, reparations and gun bans.
(02-07-2019, 08:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:

And if she does then she is an assclown making all of the left look like clowns.

Well, Senators, Wyden, Merkley, Harris, and others have already signed on to support the NGD.
The real New Green Deal is the nearly nationwide acceptance of Mary Jane.
I for one, am looking forward to the electric train ride to Australia for my vacation.
(02-08-2019, 08:14 AM)tornado Wrote:

Well, Senators, Wyden, Merkley, Harris, and others have already signed on to support the NGD.

Mary Jane?
(02-08-2019, 01:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Mary Jane?

Marijuana.
(02-08-2019, 02:11 PM)tornado Wrote:
(02-07-2019, 07:34 PM)GCG Wrote: Or is it a plan? Before we applaud it might be worth finding out if she is serious or this is just your typical DC rhetoric. Unrealistic as it might sound, I think she means it!  Twitch

Mary Jane?

Marijuana.
OK I thought maybe that's what you meant. But I have no idea what the connection is between cannabis and  dealing with climate change.

I doubt anyone REALLY thinks all air travel will ever be banned and replaced with high speed rail.
Hopefully these senators are only signed on to support doing something and not every detail in this NGD.
(02-08-2019, 02:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Mary Jane?

Marijuana.
OK I thought maybe that's what you meant. But I have no idea what the connection is between cannabis and  dealing with climate change.

I doubt anyone REALLY thinks all air travel will ever be banned and replaced with high speed rail.
Hopefully these senators are only signed on to support doing something and not every detail in this NGD.

You're right of course. When people start talking about trains traversing oceans they're just demonstrating their inability to  comprehend. Most I assume really understand they just want to act stupid to be persnickety, as my dear grandmother used to say.

I'll point out too that there isn't any bill being proposed here. It's just a "resolution". Resolutions are not laws, in this case it's akin to a statement about "this is what we'd like to do" or "this is the policy we want to pursue". It won't pass anyway so all the fretting and vapors from the right is just more smoke.
(02-08-2019, 04:04 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 08:14 AM)tornado Wrote: Well, Senators, Wyden, Merkley, Harris, and others have already signed on to support the NGD.

Mary Jane?

Marijuana.

You're right of course. When people start talking about trains traversing oceans they're just demonstrating their inability to  comprehend. Most I assume really understand they just want to act stupid to be persnickety, as my dear grandmother used to say.

I'll point out too that there isn't any bill being proposed here. It's just a "resolution". Resolutions are not laws, in this case it's akin to a statement about "this is what we'd like to do" or "this is the policy we want to pursue". It won't pass anyway so all the fretting and vapors from the right is just more smoke.

Resolutions are not laws, in this case it's akin to a statement about "this is what we'd like to do" or "this is the policy we want to pursue". It won't pass anyway so all the fretting and vapors from the right is just more smoke.

Yes I am totally aware it's not a bill and as written and some of it NEVER will be.

But it still indicates a total lack of common sense, logic and intelligence for SOME on the left.

so all the fretting and vapors from the right is just more smoke.

But I'm no where close to fretting. And it's not just smoke. It is an example of idiotic far left stupidity and unfortunately a LOT of people see NO difference between the far left and the left.

It like being on a team and everyone is a good guy except one or two who are rude unsportsmanlike and want to pick fights.
And so the other teams just remember your team is the team with the dick heads
(02-08-2019, 04:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 04:04 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: Mary Jane?

Marijuana.

Resolutions are not laws, in this case it's akin to a statement about "this is what we'd like to do" or "this is the policy we want to pursue". It won't pass anyway so all the fretting and vapors from the right is just more smoke.

Yes I am totally aware it's not a bill and as written and some of it NEVER will be.

But it still indicates a total lack of common sense, logic and intelligence for SOME on the left.

so all the fretting and vapors from the right is just more smoke.

But I'm no where close to fretting. And it's not just smoke. It is an example of idiotic far left stupidity and unfortunately a LOT of people see NO difference between the far left and the left.

It like being on a team and everyone is a good guy except one or two who are rude unsportsmanlike and want to pick fights.
And so the other teams just remember your team is the team with the dick heads

Sorry, that wasn't directed to just you. The second part was meant for some others on here that probably won't pay any attention to it.   Dry

What???

2020 Dem presidential hopefuls Fauxahontas Warren, Spartacus Booker, Kamala Harris, and Beto “the Leprechaun” O’Rouke have all endorsed the plan........

Mary Jane?

Marijuana.

You are forgetting 99% of all cars will be banned, no Nuclear, oil or natual gas (I guess coal is ok) and ALL buildings in the US will be rebuilt.   And she had the gall to say that she thought Trumps SOTU speech was incoherent and not well thought out.  LOL

I’m glad this nut is on your side.