Record Breaking Weather
(02-10-2019, 08:31 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 05:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 04:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 06:53 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(02-09-2019, 03:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: [Image: 51475115_10213397229071449_9048039450218...e=5CFC8F3F]
Oh my gawd, Gregg is so full of himself. Oh, the weight of his responsiblity!

[url=https://www.facebook.com/RogueWeatherNow/?ref=nf&__tn__=%3C-R&eid=ARBkwmIlwiyIuNOp3r7_UaNLCil8_ILQSwl87CA3d5j3GYV2kkpuJ94DQyIfpUADOiJTOovOYQtXc6CV&hc_ref=ARTQaNV68woyNrLk7qseHc91TolZPz9z_096ecP-KrqZo0PLI4EfjXMH3y3myWxYKrw&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARB0D8kTI89RAVlqPq5YMPeEK7ikewQtZO3gBLxUJm7PsgS7OIu6etO2uplPfTmUz0jvd6khEWCex1wK6IZMHCMPOy5XOE5VrjCrH_EAJ0o0hbr8vZWwrsJVLQWPwj3oRgzmMd7gnIqF_NhnR6tQThGZaRKTR5M_3qCjAdp1aOIMuAv9cC7jvA_m8-ww1cxSUrcCkhlYzjz8V8ZdVTSTi_3JYy3NAKIlrFL9v4ff8NABlnVrOeCBHu_ScJJH3MLBLvwS0TErl3Ps58OP7YD0qfL4pcaDaGU5MloyLD1mX_vI3CqXAa2UPe3y7K5h3voR_js-vKPHoZrxT-I-R-K4j5rwSDzYAxYkJL9IIfoh2YlYYZZkQIM][/url][Image: 1395341_754464551245750_888674280_n.jpg?...e=5CB5CC54]

ROGUEWEATHER IS ONE MAN WORKING OUT OF A LIVING ROOM IN MEDFORD, OREGON
This is NOT a TV or Radio station situation. There are not numerous people doing what you see put out here.
Just one guy.
And when we reach events of this magnitude, I cannot possibly answer every single question about how much snow and when. Or, what are roads like. There are some things you are just going to have to get figured out on your own from the information you see presented here.
As for the snow situation in the valleys below 1500 feet.....it is going to happen today. When is going to depend on numerous factors. But it will. It is snowing hard in the Portland area right now and that air mass and snow is coming right towards us.
The highways and I 5 are seeing and will continue to see severe impacts from heavy snow. If you do not absolutely have to travel in or out of Southern Oregon or Northern California DON'T!
If you are going to be needing to get back home and have to travel through the mountains, then you and your vehicle better be well prepared. You MUST have chains with you. That is the law. Even with 4 wheel drives with studded tires it will be slow going today. What might normally take 2 - 3 hours is likely to be double to triple that with a day like this one. And, there will very likely be delays with short term closures to address situations that arise. So like I said...if you do not have to travel, please do not do it. Local trips around town or from say Grants Pass to Medford is something else entirely and common sense would dictate that.

Hmm.  I see a note at the top about it being a small operation, not a company, then I see a thought out forecast for the day.  Not sure I see someone full of themselves.

PS. I heard his mom is in the hospital.  Maybe he was stressed by people wanting more.  But judge away.
I don't need to judge based on this post from Rogueweather who started it by YELLING and is clearly scolding whomever he thinks he is talking to.

I know who it is and he is a colossal blowhard with a huge ego and thinks his shit doesn't stink.

I just think of a lot of other ways to say what he said without sounding so self important.  I'm hardly unbiased though. He was always a jerk.
I quit following him long ago because he had a bad attitude.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think that's an understatement. I think he has a God complex
I'm not sure why THIS particular statement ^ came up on my feed when normally his stuff doesn't come up at all. It's like he KNOWS it will piss me off. Big Grin
(02-09-2019, 03:21 PM)Juniper Wrote: [Image: 51475115_10213397229071449_9048039450218...e=5CFC8F3F]

[url=https://www.facebook.com/RogueWeatherNow/?ref=nf&__tn__=%3C-R&eid=ARBkwmIlwiyIuNOp3r7_UaNLCil8_ILQSwl87CA3d5j3GYV2kkpuJ94DQyIfpUADOiJTOovOYQtXc6CV&hc_ref=ARTQaNV68woyNrLk7qseHc91TolZPz9z_096ecP-KrqZo0PLI4EfjXMH3y3myWxYKrw&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARB0D8kTI89RAVlqPq5YMPeEK7ikewQtZO3gBLxUJm7PsgS7OIu6etO2uplPfTmUz0jvd6khEWCex1wK6IZMHCMPOy5XOE5VrjCrH_EAJ0o0hbr8vZWwrsJVLQWPwj3oRgzmMd7gnIqF_NhnR6tQThGZaRKTR5M_3qCjAdp1aOIMuAv9cC7jvA_m8-ww1cxSUrcCkhlYzjz8V8ZdVTSTi_3JYy3NAKIlrFL9v4ff8NABlnVrOeCBHu_ScJJH3MLBLvwS0TErl3Ps58OP7YD0qfL4pcaDaGU5MloyLD1mX_vI3CqXAa2UPe3y7K5h3voR_js-vKPHoZrxT-I-R-K4j5rwSDzYAxYkJL9IIfoh2YlYYZZkQIM][/url][Image: 1395341_754464551245750_888674280_n.jpg?...e=5CB5CC54]

This is NOT a TV or Radio station situation. There are not numerous people doing what you see put out here.
Just one guy.
And when we reach events of this magnitude, I cannot possibly answer every single question about how much snow and when. Or, what are roads like. There are some things you are just going to have to get figured out on your own from the information you see presented here.
As for the snow situation in the valleys below 1500 feet.....it is going to happen today. When is going to depend on numerous factors. But it will. It is snowing hard in the Portland area right now and that air mass and snow is coming right towards us.
The highways and I 5 are seeing and will continue to see severe impacts from heavy snow. If you do not absolutely have to travel in or out of Southern Oregon or Northern California DON'T!
If you are going to be needing to get back home and have to travel through the mountains, then you and your vehicle better be well prepared. You MUST have chains with you. That is the law. Even with 4 wheel drives with studded tires it will be slow going today. What might normally take 2 - 3 hours is likely to be double to triple that with a day like this one. And, there will very likely be delays with short term closures to address situations that arise. So like I said...if you do not have to travel, please do not do it. Local trips around town or from say Grants Pass to Medford is something else entirely and common sense would dictate that.

Hmm.  I see a note at the top about it being a small operation, not a company, then I see a thought out forecast for the day.  Not sure I see someone full of themselves.

PS. I heard his mom is in the hospital.  Maybe he was stressed by people wanting more.  But judge away.
I don't need to judge based on this post from Rogueweather who started it by YELLING and is clearly scolding whomever he thinks he is talking to.

I know who it is and he is a colossal blowhard with a huge ego and thinks his shit doesn't stink.

I just think of a lot of other ways to say what he said without sounding so self important.  I'm hardly unbiased though. He was always a jerk.

Funny, I knew nothing of this guy or his website until a few weeks ago, then it came up at different times, different people, the common denominator, the guy is a jerk and his weather forecasts are overly dramatic.

I looked at his site, he really thinks his viewers are idiots, like we need to be told how to navigate a website, especially his circa 1990's site.

USE THE CATEGORIES IN THE BLACK BAR ABOVE, OR YOUR MENU ICON OF YOUR DEVICE TO NAVIGATE THE SITE TO FIND THE INFORMATION YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.
(02-11-2019, 09:07 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Just one guy.

Funny, I knew nothing of this guy or his website until a few weeks ago, then it came up at different times, different people, the common denominator, the guy is a jerk and his weather forecasts are overly dramatic.

I looked at his site, he really thinks his viewers are idiots, like we need to be told how to navigate a website, especially his circa 1990's  site.

USE THE CATEGORIES IN THE BLACK BAR ABOVE, OR YOUR MENU ICON OF YOUR DEVICE TO NAVIGATE THE SITE TO FIND THE INFORMATION YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

Laughing Laughing 

I have no reason to post shite about this person other than that I can't stand the guy. Laughing Laughing
(02-10-2019, 09:12 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm not sure why THIS particular statement ^ came up on my feed when normally his stuff doesn't come up at all. It's like he KNOWS it will piss me off. Big Grin

Probably a dumb question but what "feed"?
(02-11-2019, 05:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-10-2019, 09:12 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm not sure why THIS particular statement ^ came up on my feed when normally his stuff doesn't come up at all. It's like he KNOWS it will piss me off. Big Grin

That's what I call it. Just the stuff that come up on FB. Not on my own timeline, but just what comes up if I'm logged in in general. That's what I call it anyway.
(02-11-2019, 06:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:

That's what I call it. Just the stuff that come up on FB. Not on my own timeline, but just what comes up if I'm logged in in general. That's what I call it anyway.

OK I get it now . I don't remember ever seeing Rogue weather. Of course that is just finer LOL
(02-11-2019, 07:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-11-2019, 06:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:

OK I get it now . I don't remember ever seeing Rogue weather. Of course that is just finer LOL

I think I'm still hooked into things from being on WARS!.
Quote:Expect warmer and rainier-than-usual weather this April in the Tri-Cities, says the National Weather Service.
It should be a welcome change for Tri-City residents.
March broke a record for cold weather that has stood for more than 100 years, plus a record for snow that has stood for more than half a century.

Read more here: https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/weat...rylink=cpy

https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/weat...01719.html
Quote:This past March will go down in the record books for Arapahoe Basin Ski Area, Breckenridge Ski Resort, Copper Mountain Resort and Keystone Resort, which all received more March snowfall than ever before.
At Breckenridge, spokeswoman Sara Lococo said March’s 111 total inches surpassed the previous high of 98 inches that Breckenridge received in March 2001.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/03/sn...-keystone/

Quote:Record-Breaking Snow In Central Oregon; Eugene Sees 8.5 Inches

https://www.opb.org/news/article/central...-breaking/
Quote:A tropical storm surging toward Southern Oregon and Northern California is potentially packing one of the heaviest watery punches the region has seen in April in more than a century.

As much as 6 inches of rain are forecast to fall on Brookings over two days beginning late Saturday, and the storm likely will still have enough power to drop as much as 1.5 inches of rain in Medford

https://mailtribune.com/news/top-stories...on-medford
(04-06-2019, 06:08 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:A tropical storm surging toward Southern Oregon and Northern California is potentially packing one of the heaviest watery punches the region has seen in April in more than a century.

As much as 6 inches of rain are forecast to fall on Brookings over two days beginning late Saturday, and the storm likely will still have enough power to drop as much as 1.5 inches of rain in Medford

Damn! I was hoping to put some seed in the ground today. Not much point if we get a heavy rain that will just wash it out again.   Sad

Hoping for two dry days very soon.
(04-06-2019, 10:00 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Damn! I was hoping to put some seed in the ground today. Not much point if we get a heavy rain that will just wash it out again.   Sad

What kind of seeds? It's pretty early. Can you plant in containers and transplant later?

Yeah I hear you. Every year I have to wait for the ground to dry out to plant anything. Now I have a tractor and until it stops raining so much I can't drive on most of my property.
(04-06-2019, 12:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What kind of seeds? It's pretty early. Can you plant in containers and transplant later?

Yeah I hear you. Every year I have to wait for the ground to dry out to plant anything. Now I have a tractor and until it stops raining so much I can't drive on most of my property.

Peas, onion seed, chard, spinach, maybe radish too. Last year it got too warm too soon and I didn't get much or any of these so I thought I'd put some out earlier. I have lots of seed so I can always replant if I need to.

I've started tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers and some herbs in pots inside. I'll plant cukes and squash later outside.

With all the snow we've gotten this year I'm hoping for a good low smoke summer. (fingers crossed)
(04-06-2019, 01:58 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Peas, onion seed, chard, spinach, maybe radish too. Last year it got too warm too soon and I didn't get much or any of these so I thought I'd put some out earlier. I have lots of seed so I can always replant if I need to.

I've started tomatoes, tomatillos, peppers and some herbs in pots inside. I'll plant cukes and squash later outside.

With all the snow we've gotten this year I'm hoping for a good low smoke summer. (fingers crossed)
It sounds like you have it down Wink
(04-06-2019, 02:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 06:08 AM)chuck white Wrote: https://mailtribune.com/news/top-stories...on-medford

I'm still learning how this all works. Since I retired I consider this my new job... farming the back yard!   Big Grin Laughing
(04-06-2019, 02:36 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 02:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-06-2019, 10:00 AM)Cuzz Wrote: Damn! I was hoping to put some seed in the ground today. Not much point if we get a heavy rain that will just wash it out again.   Sad

I'm still learning how this all works. Since I retired I consider this my new job... farming the back yard!   Big Grin Laughing

Right on brother retiree Razz
Quote:Roseburg had record rainfall on Monday, for the 2nd straight day.
Data from the National Weather Service said the Roseburg Regional Airport measured .92 inches of rain between 12:00 a.m. Monday and 12:00 a.m. Tuesday. That beat the old record for the date which was .55 inches set in 1972. Between Sunday and Monday Roseburg had 1.98 inches of rain which was also a record amount.
Medford also set a record on Monday with .82 inches reported in the same time period. That doubled the previous record of .41 inches, set in 1995.

https://kqennewsradio.com/2019/04/09/ros...aight-day/
[Image: 49bb2abd774d9eeb7ae35330dfef0cb1.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(04-09-2019, 05:45 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Roseburg had record rainfall on Monday, for the 2nd straight day.
Data from the National Weather Service said the Roseburg Regional Airport measured .92 inches of rain between 12:00 a.m. Monday and 12:00 a.m. Tuesday. That beat the old record for the date which was .55 inches set in 1972. Between Sunday and Monday Roseburg had 1.98 inches of rain which was also a record amount.
Medford also set a record on Monday with .82 inches reported in the same time period. That doubled the previous record of .41 inches, set in 1995.

https://kqennewsradio.com/2019/04/09/ros...aight-day/

Pffffft, is that all??!

Grants Pass has had 3.98 inches of rain since 7 a.m.Friday 4/5/19