America's got talent?
No America has a popularity contest.

The little fat girl with the amazing voice didn't win.

The not so attractive Hispanic dishwasher remarkably skilled in guitar and piano and an excellent song writer NOPE.

The two red headed guys who couldn't hit a bad note if you paid them .. NOPE

But the pretty boy semi skilled guitar palyer and a good singer but nothing to write home about... won Rolling Eyes
Are you talking about American Idol?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I told my husband from the minute they "asked" him to take a Golden Ticket that it was a set up... he would win. So, I wasn't surprised.

(05-20-2019, 08:05 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Are you talking about American Idol?

Yes
(05-20-2019, 08:07 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I told my husband from the minute they "asked" him to take a Golden Ticket that it was a set up... he would win. So, I wasn't surprised.

I guess it could be rigged but I don't know why you think so. All I'm saying is if the people were judged by the music industry Laine would not have won.
Too many people who vote are thinking of the idol part and not about talent.
For sure Alehandro (sp?) should of won purely based on talent. But since shallow America casts the votes, of course the good looking kid with an Elvis thing going on is going to get the win (my wife wanted him to win from the start, think she had a crush, as did a lot of America evidently)
I was also glad to see Wade not get any further than he did. Unique voice yes, but to me it sounded like blown out vocal cords from his metal days. There is a difference between sultry sounding and laryngitis sounding, he was the latter IMO and it grated on me.
(05-21-2019, 02:34 PM)GPnative Wrote: For sure Alehandro (sp?) should of won purely based on talent. But since shallow America casts the votes, of course the good looking kid with an Elvis thing going on is going to get the win (my wife wanted him to win from the start, think she had a crush, as did a lot of America evidently)
I was also glad to see Wade not get any further than he did. Unique voice yes, but to me it sounded like blown out vocal cords from his metal days. There is a difference between sultry sounding and laryngitis sounding, he was the latter IMO and it grated on me.

I totally agree about Laine( Elvis) and I hated the Big guys voice. He sounded like he had a bubble in his throat or something weird.
(05-20-2019, 06:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: No America has a popularity contest.

The not so attractive Hispanic dishwasher remarkably skilled in guitar and piano and an excellent song writer NOPE.

But the pretty boy semi skilled guitar palyer and a good singer but nothing to write home about... won Rolling Eyes

I rely on you to keep me informed about talent shows.  I hate them in general.  I watched a portion of the Voice the other night and it was so smarmy and annoying I turned the television off. When great talent arises I rely on you to post the clips. Big Grin
(05-21-2019, 07:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 06:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: No America has a popularity contest.

I rely on you to keep me informed about talent shows.  I hate them in general.  I watched a portion of the Voice the other night and it was so smarmy and annoying I turned the television off. When great talent arises I rely on you to post the clips. Big Grin
Laughing I just watch them perform and FF through all the BS.

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/q8YZeV9GttI [/video]
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/Q4Y6q5L-9JI [/video]