What's in your garden?
(08-25-2016, 12:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: 2ljkweo.jpg]

What size grow bags are those? They look larger than 40 gal.
This guy is selling 45 gal. bags for $4, would there be any concerns reusing bags, transferring mold spores or other shit like that?
https://medford.craigslist.org/grd/d/gra...60994.html
(05-20-2019, 06:58 AM)GPnative Wrote: This guy is selling 45 gal. bags for $4, would there be any concerns reusing bags, transferring mold spores or other shit like that?

Shit, I didn't think about that... I have been using the same dirt in my garden for years.

I guess I should use new dirt. Also the water I use, is older then dirt.
(05-20-2019, 07:32 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 06:58 AM)GPnative Wrote: This guy is selling 45 gal. bags for $4, would there be any concerns reusing bags, transferring mold spores or other shit like that?

Shit, I didn't think about that... I have been using the same dirt in my garden for years.

I guess I should use new dirt. Also the water I use, is older then dirt.

I sense some sarcasm....
Just trying to limit any newbie mistakes and better my chances for success. I think for every guy one talks to that loves to share his knowledge of growing methods offering helpful advice, there is always the ego snobs that can't be bothered.
(05-20-2019, 01:32 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 06:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 06:18 PM)GPnative Wrote: forum Experts, i am going to grow a hemp plant. Yes,hemp, not marijuana. I picked up a small female start, i was told i would need a 40 gallon container at least. However, i am not looking to grow some award winning maximized plant, this is just for fun. If i keep it in say a 10 gal container, will that keep the plant smaller without negatively impacting the plant health? I really dont want a huge plant visible to neighbors, id like to keep it on the smaller side.

I think what you were told was correct. You can keep it from being too tall like this...

Why do you think your neighbors care if you grow hemp? Because they will think it's pot?

[Image: IMG_20120903_150256.jpg]

[Image: straight-lst.jpg]

Why ?
I think you get more, if you let it grow like a Christmas tree.

Why? so the neighbors won't see it.
(05-20-2019, 06:48 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-25-2016, 12:15 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: 2ljkweo.jpg]

What size grow bags are those? They look larger than 40 gal.

100 gallon.

I'm not sure but I doubt it. I plated in used cloth bags before with no problems. Typically mold problems come at the end of the year when the buds get wet.
The bigger and thicker the buds the more likely you'll get mold. But still most people don't cover their plants and do well. The year before last with the weather getting wet and not drying out people lost a good percentage of their bud.
(05-20-2019, 02:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm not sure but I doubt it. I plated in used cloth bags before with no problems. Typically mold problems come at the end of the year when the buds get wet.
The bigger and thicker the buds the more likely you'll get mold. But still most people don't cover their plants and do well. The year before last with the weather getting wet and not drying out people lost a good percentage of their bud.

I emailed the guy, going to go get a few this week. figure i will plant a tomato plant or two in them for the hell of it also And then i will have them in future if i want to add a few hemp plants.
(05-20-2019, 02:50 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(05-20-2019, 02:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I emailed the guy, going to go get a few this week. figure i will plant a tomato plant or two in them for the hell of it also And then i will have them in future if i want to add a few hemp plants.
I think they work better than plastic pots . The roots can breath and if the sun hits them they are not as hot.
I was going to plant some tomatoes in pots and maybe a cucumber but still haven't. I love a homegrown tomato though.
(05-21-2019, 07:57 PM)Juniper Wrote: I was going to plant some tomatoes in pots and maybe a cucumber but still haven't. I love a homegrown tomato though.
I was thinking tomatoes and zucchini. Yum!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(05-21-2019, 07:57 PM)Juniper Wrote: I was going to plant some tomatoes in pots and maybe a cucumber but still haven't.  I love a homegrown tomato though.

You still have plenty of time. Squash don't do well until the nights stop being so cold.

Use big containers unless you grow those stupid patio tomatoes.
(05-21-2019, 08:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 07:57 PM)Juniper Wrote: I was going to plant some tomatoes in pots and maybe a cucumber but still haven't.  I love a homegrown tomato though.

You still have plenty of time. Squash don't do well until the nights stop being so cold.

What's a stupid patio tomato?
(05-21-2019, 08:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-21-2019, 08:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What's a stupid patio tomato?
It's a stupid hybrid made for containers .
(05-19-2019, 06:18 PM)GPnative Wrote: forum Experts, i am going to grow a hemp plant. Yes,hemp, not marijuana. I picked up a small female start, i was told i would need a 40 gallon container at least. However, i am not looking to grow some award winning maximized plant, this is just for fun. If i keep it in say a 10 gal container, will that keep the plant smaller without negatively impacting the plant health? I really dont want a huge plant visible to neighbors, id like to keep it on the smaller side.

Yup, I'm quoting myself. Since it's the continuation of my little hemp experiment.

Sthempy (yes, we named it) seems to be growing in size by the day. I have it in a 2 gallon pot right now, and it is a foot tall already, but considering it was only 2" at the most less than a month ago when I potted it, the sun/heat has really turned on the growth. At this rate I think the idea of keeping it small and incognito is out the window.

I did buy a couple of the 45 gal. fiber containers from that CL ad. Will transfer it to that when I have time to get a load of soil.
(06-03-2019, 09:13 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Yup, I'm quoting myself. Since it's the continuation of my little hemp experiment.

Sthempy (yes, we named it) seems to be growing in size by the day. I have it in a 2 gallon pot right now, and it is a foot tall already, but considering it was only 2" at the most less than a month ago when I potted it, the sun/heat has really turned on the growth. At this rate I think the idea of keeping it small and incognito is out the window.

I did buy a couple of the 45 gal. fiber containers from that CL ad. Will transfer it to that when I have time to get a load of soil.

Pretty cool but pictures would be nice Wink

growing hemp ???
for seed or for the fiber ?
(06-03-2019, 12:59 PM)chuck white Wrote:

growing hemp ???
for seed or for the fiber ?

Earlier he said.. "just for fun"
I have a medical card. Now I can and I am growing ten plants. I'm a little late but my partner says they will still grow to be huge.
I guess we will find out. I think he is right.
My neighbor has 16 plants. He transplanted them when they were already very large  to the 300 gal pots about two weeks ago. So lets the games begin. I want to see if my plants get as big as my neighbors LOL

[Image: IMG-7492.jpg]

[Image: IMG-7491.jpg]

[Image: IMG-7486.jpg]
I heard, plant them by June 7.