Facebook censorship
I saw this on Facebook and thought it was funny as hell. It was only posted for a short while and the groups over zealous administrator turned off allowing any comments.and shortly after removed the thread.
Something which he often does for what I think are petty reasons.

I think the admin guy didn't realize it was a joke and he said the remarks could offend people Rolling Eyes

[Image: father.jpg]
Well, you know that it wasn't censored for content per se. Rather relevance. According to the mod.
Not exactly related, but for some censorship issues, it's more like beating FB to the punch because if members report something in your group to FB , members or the group could be censored. As I was so informed today in my mod capacity. WTF?
(06-10-2019, 10:12 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, you know that it wasn't censored for content per se.  Rather relevance. According to the mod.

Right. A Mod that could care less what most of the group actually wants.
(06-10-2019, 10:36 PM)Juniper Wrote: Not exactly related, but for some censorship issues, it's more like beating FB to the punch because if members report something in your group to FB , members or the group could be censored. As I was so informed today in my mod capacity. WTF?

Sure but this case had nothing to do with violating any of FB's standards.
Why doesn't somebody start a facebook forum with the same rules we have here?
(06-11-2019, 05:11 PM)chuck white Wrote: Why doesn't somebody start a facebook forum with the same rules we have here?

There is kind of such a thing and it's members and mods are mainly loudmouth asshole far right trump supporters.
And they have a habit of booting liberals for saying the same thing conservatives say. It's called WARS.

The is another in JOCO that is virtually the same way.

It's kind of the same reason there are practically zero radio shows ran by liberals. I don't think many liberals like to bloviate and hear themselves talk as much as far righters.
And IMO most liberals don't get the pleasure out of stereotyping, yelling and insulting those they don't agree with. You know, Like Trump.

Right wing talk show hosts got popular because their base.. uneducated truck drivers or farmers who listened to AM radio entertainers were ripe to be fooled with exaggerated hyperbole designed to to make the ignorant masses angry. AND CALL IN TO THE SHOW.
(06-11-2019, 05:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 05:11 PM)chuck white Wrote: Why doesn't somebody start a facebook forum with the same rules we have here?

There is kind of such a thing and it's members and mods are mainly loudmouth asshole far right trump supporters.
And they have a habit of booting liberals for saying the same thing conservatives say. It's called WARS.

The is another in JOCO that is virtually the same way.

It's kind of the same reason there are practically zero radio shows ran by liberals. I don't think many liberals like to bloviate and hear themselves talk as much as far righters.
And IMO most liberals don't get the pleasure out of stereotyping, yelling and insulting those they don't agree with. You know, Like Trump.

Right wing talk show hosts got popular because their base.. uneducated truck drivers or farmers who listened to AM radio entertainers were ripe to be fooled with exaggerated hyperbole designed to to make the ignorant masses angry. AND CALL IN TO THE SHOW.

I'm out of both of those groups. They just make you sick, they aren't about discussion, they are about hate.
Facebook proper does a terrible job of monitoring groups. Virtually useless as far as combatting hate speech.
(06-12-2019, 08:19 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Facebook proper does a terrible job of monitoring groups. Virtually useless as far as combatting hate speech.

I don't know how they do it. I moderate two FB groups and from time to time will get a flag on a comment as being "questionable".  Often it's nothing at all....it holds the post until I approve or delete it. Of course the kind of groups I'm moderating in wouldn't have hate speech, so I can't speak to that.
(06-12-2019, 08:36 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 08:19 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Facebook proper does a terrible job of monitoring groups. Virtually useless as far as combatting hate speech.

I don't know how they do it. I moderate two FB groups and from time to time will get a flag on a comment as being "questionable".  Often it's nothing at all....it holds the post until I approve or delete it. Of course the kind of groups I'm moderating in wouldn't have hate speech, so I can't speak to that.
What is Facebook proper ?

Juniper. I don't FB monitors individuals comments at all. That would take a gazillion people. My guess is certain words are chosen by a computer and then humans look at the comment.
That and FB probably relies on people reporting others.
(06-12-2019, 09:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 08:36 PM)Juniper Wrote:

What is Facebook proper ?

Juniper. I don't FB monitors individuals comments at all. That would take a gazillion people. My guess is certain words are chosen by a computer and then humans look at the comment.
That and FB probably relies on people reporting others.

Exactly.
Yes. I’m talking about reporting or getting reported. There’s people monitoring, believe me. But I got my 30 day suspension courtesy of someone I’d fought with and blocked, who then became a moderator of SOPP thru some hoodwinkery and promptly use that power on me. For vengeance. He/she also started in on a bunch of folks and I think he’s in trouble now.
(06-13-2019, 05:56 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Yes. I’m talking about reporting or getting reported. There’s people monitoring, believe me. But I got my 30 day suspension courtesy of someone I’d fought with and blocked, who then became a moderator of SOPP thru some hoodwinkery and promptly use that power on me. For vengeance. He/she also started in on a bunch of folks and I think he’s in trouble now.

You mean you were suspended for 30 days from that group or from all of Facebook? Whats SOPP?
(06-13-2019, 01:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-13-2019, 05:56 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Yes. I’m talking about reporting or getting reported. There’s people monitoring, believe me. But I got my 30 day suspension courtesy of someone I’d fought with and blocked, who then became a moderator of SOPP thru some hoodwinkery and promptly use that power on me. For vengeance. He/she also started in on a bunch of folks and I think he’s in trouble now.

You mean you were suspended for 30 days from that group or from all of Facebook? Whats SOPP?

It's the Southern Oregon Politics page. I hate that place.
(06-13-2019, 01:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You can get banned by facebook based on complaints or posting stuff that "goes against the standards of Facebook".
All of FB. My friends back in KC were worried I was dead.
(06-13-2019, 03:48 PM)bbqboy Wrote: All of FB. My friends back in KC were worried I was dead.

OK I guess what you should do is just wait and watch and report them. I was reporter to FB by this literally NUT in WMR and I got a suspension from all of FB.

It's really strange Because based on what I was reported for I could get dozens of people suspended for the same any day I wanted.

And then later In that JOCO group where it seems like everyone is breaking the rules I got reported by a guy there and got a week suspension. Again for something that relative to others was mild.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpics.onsizzle.com%2Ffyo...57.png&f=1]
(06-13-2019, 04:39 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fpics.onsizzle.com%2Ffyo...57.png&f=1]

Fire, Fire!!

just kidding. Razz