foxs or coyote
I think it's a fox, some people told me it was a coyote.

What say you.

[Image: PICT0061-2.jpg]
[Image: PICT0063-2.jpg]
[Image: PICT0062-2.jpg]
Definitely a fox. The legs look to short and the tails too bushy for a coyote.Not to mention it has a fox face.
Unless you found his stash of pianos, anvils and dynamite all made by the Acme company. Then I say coyote.
He was a big fox, here he is stealing the cats food.

[Image: PICT0036-5.jpg]

compared to the usual thief
[Image: PICT0048-3.jpg]
Fox. That bottom one is the rare ringtailed fox.
(07-26-2019, 06:44 AM)Juniper Wrote: Fox. That bottom one is the rare ringtailed fox.

Laughing Yes, that is pretty rare, but a little time on the bar-b, I could have him medium rare.
(07-26-2019, 06:48 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 06:44 AM)Juniper Wrote: Fox. That bottom one is the rare ringtailed fox.

Laughing  Yes, that is pretty rare, but a little time on the bar-b, I could have him medium rare.

Laughing 

In the last month, I've seen two photographs taken by local people of fisher cats. Those are rare to even see, let along catch a snap.
Fox for sure, The people that told you it's a coyote have probably never actually seen either.
(07-25-2019, 09:35 PM)chuck white Wrote: [Image: PICT0062-2.jpg]

Short legs and small ears so I'd say fox. A very healthy one at that.

Not so rare in my neighborhood.   Laughing
We just got the bear proof garbage cans delivered. I guess the idea is Yogi and Boo Boo don’t have opposable digits and can’t maneuver the latch. Heavy duty metal rims on lid and main body.
Consensus first was raccoons but after the claw marks on the side of the can + neighbor watching the bear at 4:00 am we found out differently.
Smiling
(07-26-2019, 08:20 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

I'm sure!

there are ringtailed cats in Southern Oregon. I think they are as rare to spot as the Fisher Cats.  I had a friend who saw one and was so amazed. She kept telling me she had seen a lemur! Big Grin Laughing 

[Image: ringtail5.gif]
(07-26-2019, 10:57 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-26-2019, 08:20 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

I'm sure!

there are ringtailed cats in Southern Oregon. I think they are as rare to spot as the Fisher Cats.  I had a friend who saw one and was so amazed. She kept telling me she had seen a lemur! Big Grin Laughing 

[Image: ringtail5.gif]

I saw one of those several years ago when I was working up along the North Umpqua River one time. I was so surprised I had to ask a local about it to be sure. I considered myself to be very lucky to have seen it.   Smiling