a different random thought
(10-04-2019, 08:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: I watched a program about Amazonian tribes who walk away from the jungle and into civilization.  They interviewed one guy. Guess what he said his favorite thing was about civilization and he didn't want to return to the jungle because of it?

Air conditioning?
(10-04-2019, 08:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: I watched a program about Amazonian tribes who walk away from the jungle and into civilization.  They interviewed one guy. Guess what he said his favorite thing was about civilization and he didn't want to return to the jungle because of it?

Movies,coco cola, ⁹Macdonalds?
Facebook.
(10-06-2019, 07:22 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Facebook.

Laughing Laughing
Actually, the answer was "clothes". I kind of didn't expect that answer. He just loved having clothes. He kept hunting for food in the traditional way, but in T shirt and pants.
Pockets are a wonderful thing.
(10-07-2019, 05:41 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Pockets are a wonderful thing.

Women keep telling everyone how wonderful pockets are, but manufacturers don't think we deserve them.
(10-07-2019, 08:07 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Women keep telling everyone how wonderful pockets are, but manufacturers don't think we deserve them.

Don't you think  manufacturers know what sells? Smiling  That reminds me of people who complain about the news.
It's not just news anymore. But they are giving people what they want.
(10-07-2019, 12:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Don't you think  manufacturers know what sells? Smiling  That reminds me of people who complain about the news.
Every woman I know wants pockets.  We all want a pocket that our phone will fit in and not fall out.  So, to answer your question, I think manufacturers sell what fashion dictates. If I was a designer I would create a line of clothing for women of ALL SIZES AND SHAPES , that looked good and had deep, functional pockets.
Cargo Yoga Pants!
(10-07-2019, 08:05 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Every woman I know wants pockets.  We all want a pocket that our phone will fit in and not fall out.  So, to answer your question, I think manufacturers sell what fashion dictates. If I was a designer I would create a line of clothing for women of ALL SIZES AND SHAPES , that looked good and had deep, functional pockets.
 Do you think every women you know is a fair representation of all women?
These businesses have bean counters who study these things in greater detail than we can imagine.

I think manufacturers sell what fashion dictates

No doubt and most women buy what fashion dictates.
Sounds like a great opportunity for a new women's line of clothing "PMS Brand" - Pockets Made Standard
(10-07-2019, 10:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:

These businesses have bean counters who study these things in greater detail than we can imagine.

They do because that's what's available. The truth is, though, if say, I am going to go buy some new pants, I have to go through the entire selection in my size to maybe, emphasis on maybe, find some with pockets.  I'm looking for pockets.  But I'm not finding.  What I find is little joke pockets that won't hold a set of car keys, or even pretend pockets. Pockets that don't exist and are just sewn on as accents.  There's no pocket there.  Now, I can't really vote with my pocketbook, because I don't really have any options unless I start wearing mens pants.

They aren't giving me what I want!  And many women I know say they want pockes also. There is an assumption that women don't need pockets because they have a purse.  The only reason I carry a bag, and it's quite small, is because I have no pockets!!

I think manufactures sell what makes them money. That doesn't always correlate to what many people want. So we're left with the question do I buy what's available or do I do without. And I'm pretty sure their bean counters are very aware of this.
(10-08-2019, 08:33 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 08:07 AM)Juniper Wrote: Women keep telling everyone how wonderful pockets are, but manufacturers don't think we deserve them.

I think manufactures sell what makes them money. That doesn't always correlate to what many people want. So we're left with the question do I buy what's available or do I do without. And I'm pretty sure their bean counters are very aware of this.
I think manufactures sell what makes them money. That doesn't always correlate to what many people want

I think it does correlate to what people want. These manufacturers have to compete with each other. If any of them knew of a market that was not being fulfilled they would jump on it.
Juniper could be right. Maybe the entire multi billion dollar industry is blind to what people really want. Or maybe she's overestimating how many people are like minded.
(10-08-2019, 10:15 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 12:34 PM)tvguy Wrote: Don't you think  manufacturers know what sells? Smiling  That reminds me of people who complain about the news.

I think manufactures sell what makes them money. That doesn't always correlate to what many people want

I think it does correlate to what people want. These manufacturers have to compete with each other. If any of them knew of a market that was not being fulfilled they would jump on it.
Juniper could be right. Maybe the entire multi billion dollar industry is blind to what people really want. Or maybe she's overestimating how many people are like minded.

You're right most of the time. It just isn't always true.
(10-08-2019, 10:15 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 12:34 PM)tvguy Wrote: Don't you think  manufacturers know what sells? Smiling  That reminds me of people who complain about the news.

Juniper could be right. Maybe the entire multi billion dollar industry is blind to what people really want. Or maybe she's overestimating how many people are like minded.s
Go ask your wives.
I'm thinking everyone is busy enjoying the weather or at least taking advantage of it. So that's why no one is here today.
(10-21-2019, 08:02 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm thinking everyone is busy enjoying the weather or at least taking advantage of it. So that's why no one is here today.

Nice thought. No one's been here for a couple of days at least.