RIP Peter Tork
Quote:Monkees bassist and singer Peter Tork, who played with the group from their earliest days as a made-for-TV band in the Sixites through their recent reunion tours, died Thursday of unknown causes. He was 77.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music...DEzamvNUl0
(02-24-2020, 07:36 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Monkees bassist and singer Peter Tork, who played with the group from their earliest days as a made-for-TV band in the Sixites through their recent reunion tours, died Thursday of unknown causes. He was 77.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music...DEzamvNUl0

A year ago.
It takes a while for news to reach Wolf Creek!
(02-24-2020, 11:28 AM)bbqboy Wrote: It takes a while for news to reach Wolf Creek!
Razz Razz
(02-24-2020, 02:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 11:28 AM)bbqboy Wrote: It takes a while for news to reach Wolf Creek!
Razz Razz

I ran across this and didn't see the year, I wonder what I was looking at ?
Speaking of wolf creek, what local derelict lit your gas station on fire?
(02-24-2020, 08:21 PM)GPnative Wrote: Speaking of wolf creek, what local derelict lit your gas station on fire?

Not sure, might have started in the restaurant section. One of the few places to buy a hot meal around here.
(02-24-2020, 09:52 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-24-2020, 08:21 PM)GPnative Wrote: Speaking of wolf creek, what local derelict lit your gas station on fire?

Not sure, might have started in the restaurant section. One of the few places to buy a hot meal around here.

I didn't realize there was a restaurant section, I just saw a headline mentioning gas station. Kitchen fire could certainly have been accidental in that case.
For some reason, I guess the anniversary came up, this has been hitting all the FB sites...
(02-25-2020, 10:08 PM)Juniper Wrote: For some reason, I guess the anniversary came up, this has been hitting all the FB sites...
Because the one year anniversary of his death was February 21. I guess. I don't know why anyone cares.