Corona virus
(05-01-2020, 03:00 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-30-2020, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 11:49 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 07:28 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 06:46 AM)Juniper Wrote: Well, in these difficult times, we are all asked to make personal sacrifices. Due to the potato surplus in Belgium, citizens are being asked to eat fries twice a week now.

Why does Belgium have a surplus of potatoes? Are they the new hemp??   Smiling

I don't know WHY...I guess they eat a lot of potatoes over there??
(BRUSSELS) — In a country that claims to be the real birthplace of the finger food that Americans have the temerity to call French fries, rescuing the potato industry might easily be a matter of Belgian national pride.
So while a coronavirus lockdown keeps restaurants, bars and many of Belgium’s 5,000 frites stands closed, the trade association for the national potato industry is calling on the population at large to do its part by keeping deep fryers fired up on the home front.
“Traditionally, Belgians eat fries once a week, and it’s always a festive moment,” Romain Cools, the Belgapom secretary general, said in a phone interview on Tuesday. “Now, we are asking them to eat frozen fries twice a week at home.”
The demand for frozen potatoes has nosedived in recent weeks, and the Belgian industry faces a possible loss of 125 million euros ($135.5 million), if hundreds of tons of surplus potatoes don’t move this year, Cools said.

I always like to pick up a bag of Brussels potato chips,
They probably have them.
We're at 67,000 deaths , 170,000 recovered
That put the death rate of people who no longer have it to over 1 out of 4
we have 1.2 million case
death to infected is running 1 out of 20

[Image: ETlJSigU8AAiqO1?format=jpg&name=small]
Whaaaaaatttttever Crappy wind and weather. I aint done nuttin but sit at my puter all friggin day.

Virus shmyirus I'm homebound and down Laughing
I think people are just burnt out on this virus thingy. We don't have a real, noticeable crisis here locally to react to. I'm seeing more and more people out and about. Today at Food 4 Less I saw almost no one with masks on, compared to 2 weeks ago when a goodly number of people did. People may not be crying "Our rights! Our rights!" but I think people are beginning to feel enough is enough. How long can we go on living without incomes, (those of us who are affected) or lives for that matter? I still haven't had a stimulus check, so it's pretty jokey, to think that some financial assistance might help me out. I am not screaming "My rights! My Rights!" but I don't know what the next step is. I'm staying home also...because even if I didn't want to, there's not much else I can do with the world shut down and being here twiddling my thumbs.
(05-02-2020, 09:01 PM)tvguy Wrote: Whaaaaaatttttever Crappy wind and weather. I aint done nuttin but sit at my puter all friggin day.

I got out and did a oil change, put some plastic down so I didn't lay in the mud. But I got dripped on, as the rained rolled off the car.
I also got up on a ladder and cleaned my gutter.
(05-02-2020, 09:01 PM)tvguy Wrote: Whaaaaaatttttever Crappy wind and weather. I aint done nuttin but sit at my puter all friggin day.

I had a chance at free wood, will probably split into 2 cords or so. 2 loads in my trailer, that i loaded in the pouring rain. The day before it would of been a sunny day project, instead cold wet and soaked to the skin by the time i was done, oh well, always feels good to have my winter BTUs banked.
This made me think of Chuck.

[Image: 267b79a32351fbdb8c6a50c3f3163990.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(05-02-2020, 09:55 PM)Juniper Wrote: I think people are just burnt out on this virus thingy. We don't have a real, noticeable crisis here locally to react to. I'm seeing more and more people out and about. Today at Food 4 Less I saw almost no one with masks on, compared to 2 weeks ago when a goodly number of people did. People may not be crying "Our rights! Our rights!" but I think people are beginning to feel enough is enough. How long can we go on living without incomes, (those of us who are affected) or lives for that matter?  I still haven't had a stimulus check, so it's pretty jokey, to think that some financial assistance might help me out. I am not screaming "My rights! My Rights!" but I don't know what the next step is. I'm staying home also...because even if I didn't want to, there's not much else I can do with the world shut down and being here twiddling my thumbs.
Yeah I do understand why people would think we HERE in SO should go back to work. And that means with all the social distancing that can be done practically.
It's NEVER going to be the same I think. But maybe if there is a good reliable vaccine thing will go back to normal
(05-03-2020, 04:59 AM)chuck white Wrote:

I got out and did a oil change, put some plastic down so I didn't lay in the mud. But I got dripped on, as the rained rolled off the car.
I also got up on a ladder and cleaned my gutter.
Good for you, I was just too lazy but then again it was windy like a hurricane here and raining.
Past 24 hours was USAs deadliest day yet. I think the reopens are premature, my gut tells me a fall second wave far worse than the first following a summer of complacency.
(05-03-2020, 06:50 AM)GPnative Wrote:

I had a chance at free wood, will probably split into 2 cords or so. 2 loads in my trailer, that i loaded in the pouring rain. The day before it would of been a sunny day project, instead cold wet and soaked to the skin by the time i was done, oh well, always feels good to have my winter BTUs banked.
When the irons hot you got to strike Razz Handling fire wood, cutting splitting loading all keeps you warm. It's something that is better to do than any day that's too warm.
(05-03-2020, 01:29 PM)GPnative Wrote: Past 24 hours was USAs deadliest day yet. I think the reopens are premature, my gut tells me a fall second wave far worse than the first following a summer of complacency.

Lets hope for the best regardless if you're, prodemic or condemic

Twitch
(05-03-2020, 01:29 PM)GPnative Wrote: Past 24 hours was USAs deadliest day yet. I think the reopens are premature, my gut tells me a fall second wave far worse than the first following a summer of complacency.
I think the reopens are premature

Everywhere? What about this place? Modoc County, which has fewer than 9,000 residents and reported zero cases of the coronavirus, is set to become the first county in California to ease stay-at-home rules Friday, despite Gov. Gavin Newsom’s urging to keep them in place for now
(05-03-2020, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Everywhere? What about this place? Modoc County, which has fewer than 9,000 residents and reported zero cases of the coronavirus, is set to become the first county in California to ease stay-at-home rules Friday, despite Gov. Gavin Newsom’s urging to keep them in place for now

I bet their cases double overnight.
(05-03-2020, 03:09 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 03:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I bet their cases double overnight.
Laughing Laughing
Jackson county has had 49 cases of the virus and no new cases in (I think) 12 days.

So is it time to open up some things? Didn't we do more  than flatten the curve?
(05-03-2020, 03:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: Jackson county has had 49 cases of the virus and no new cases in (I think) 12 days.

So is it time to open up some things? Didn't we do more  than flatten the curve?

yes, I get that, and do understand we need to get things back to business. And I am not against opening things up, but nationally it's premature. The flat curve will give false sense of security which is the sure to lead to complacency and ultimately a second wave.
Folks in still closed up areas are going to travel to open areas also. Point being, we are not out of the woods by any stretch

I know people who assigned arbitrary liberation days, May 1st for example, where they decided to cease social distancing, got together with extended family, etc. Me, I'm not there yet. I'm keeping my guard up until there is more data.
So, I offered my wife a two week cruse for our anniversary.
She said no!
Now, I can always say I offered.
(05-03-2020, 04:22 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(05-03-2020, 03:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: Jackson county has had 49 cases of the virus and no new cases in (I think) 12 days.

yes, I get that, and do understand we need to get things back to business. And I am not against opening things up, but nationally it's premature. The flat curve will give false sense of security which is the sure to lead to complacency and ultimately a second wave.
Folks in still closed up areas are going to travel to open areas also. Point being, we are not out of the woods by any stretch.lib

I know people who assigned arbitrary liberation days, May 1st for example, where they decided to cease social distancing, got together with extended family, etc. Me, I'm not there yet. I'm keeping my guard up until there is more data.
[Image: EXIAJu7X0AAnGv9?format=jpg&name=medium]
If we are under a state of emergency, How come the stores get mad at me when I use the emergency exit ?