Not Murder
(05-12-2020, 04:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: If those two guys were the police they would not be charged with anything. Arbery initiated the fight over the gun.
That doesn't excuse the two men. They had no right whatsoever to act like the police.
My issue is how can ANYONE simply decide what happened was because Arbery was black?

Also by definition unless I'm mistaken to murder means you have to plan to murder.

2nd degree, wasn't premeditated.
(05-12-2020, 04:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-12-2020, 08:16 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 08:41 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 07:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 06:25 PM)Cuzz Wrote: You guys crack me up..   Laughing
Well is it that hard to say why?

Because I don't think either of you have any evidence to back up the stories you've constructed around this. A video that appears to show a struggle over a shotgun presents no evidence of how or why the struggle may have started. And he couldn't possibly be a jogger because he doesn't appear to have a gadget? Really?

I don't claim to know what occurred, I just don't think either of you know either.

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 miles logged this year, tracking every route I've taken. If he was an active "jogger" he'd have some sort of similar digital foot print to prove his run history, likely even routes through that same neighborhood. From the footage we have seen, his only crime is, Like you other folks here who have done the same, is trespassing.
I'm saying, The narrative began as he was an innocent jogger who was confronted and shot. I'm saying there is no evidence he was out for a jog at all. I see someone running away from people pursuing him for his recent trespass.
From the footage we have seen, his only crime is, Like you other folks here who have done the same, is trespassing.
No argument there.

Did the owner of the construction site file a complaint? Would not be trespassing otherwise.
If those two wanted to question the jogger, jumping out of the truck with a gun was not the best way to do that.
(05-12-2020, 05:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 07:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 06:25 PM)Cuzz Wrote: You guys crack me up..   Laughing
Well is it that hard to say why?

Because I don't think either of you have any evidence to back up the stories you've constructed around this. A video that appears to show a struggle over a shotgun presents no evidence of how or why the struggle may have started. And he couldn't possibly be a jogger because he doesn't appear to have a gadget? Really?

I don't claim to know what occurred, I just don't think either of you know either.

A video that appears to show a struggle over a shotgun presents no evidence of how or why the struggle may have started.
Appears? So what you don't believe your own eyes?

And he couldn't possibly be a jogger because he doesn't appear to have a gadget? Really?
And you don't even consider that fact that he ran out of a strangers house? I'm not saying there is no possibility that he was only jogging. I don't see why that matters.

Especially when it's possible the two men had seen the video of Arbery in that house several times.If so it's not like they single out just any old jogger

Are you sure they (the good ol' boys) saw him anywhere around the construction site or were even aware of him being there? I'm under the impression that was something that came up after the shooting was over.
(05-12-2020, 04:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 08:43 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 08:37 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 07:58 PM)Scrapper Wrote: What kind of your everyday innocent jogger refuses to stop and ask what the two men wanted? 

A black innocent jogger... up against 2 armed hillbillies.

And what kind of a innocent jogger tries to take the shotgun away from someone??

A threatened black innocent jogger afraid for his life.

What kind of an innocent jogger decides to trespass and go in to someones house that is under construction to snoop around?

Actually... the hubby and I have on a couple of different occasions. We weren't on a jog... we were on a walk. We didn't break and enter... the building process hadn't gotten that far. But we did walk through and look around... figuring out which room would be what (living, dining, bed, bath, etc.). But it seems that was okay... because we're white folk.

I agree I too have looked at construction sites that one could just walk up to.
I have learned a few things, studying construction.

Yep, more then once I've been in houses under construction. Nothing nefarious about that.
Well yes I guess YOU would know that. Did you RUN when you left?

Which time??   Big Grin

Seriously though, I've seen other people do this in the past too. I haven't done it recently and in this day probably wouldn't do it as casually but I still see others from time to time.
(05-12-2020, 06:37 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(05-11-2020, 07:31 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well is it that hard to say why?

I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 miles logged this year, tracking every route I've taken. If he was an active "jogger" he'd have some sort of similar digital foot print to prove his run history, likely even routes through that same neighborhood. From the footage we have seen, his only crime is, Like you other folks here who have done the same, is trespassing.
I'm saying, The narrative began as he was an innocent jogger who was confronted and shot. I'm saying there is no evidence he was out for a jog at all. I see someone running away from people pursuing him for his recent trespass.
From the footage we have seen, his only crime is, Like you other folks here who have done the same, is trespassing.
No argument there.

Did the owner of the construction site file a complaint? Would not be trespassing otherwise.
If those two wanted to question the jogger, jumping out of the truck with a gun was not the best way to do that.

Totally wrong, definition of trespassing is entering owners property without permission, which is exactly what he did. 
Can i just come check out your house without permission and it is only illegal if you file a complaint? That is ridiculous.
I think I know TVg well enough to know he isn't racist... but at the same time I can't help wonder if the roles were reversed and it was a white kid vs 2 black guys if he'd be so quick to judge the kid. I mean, it sounds like he just assumes that kid was causing trouble and the hillbillies were protecting their neighborhood... without actually having any REAL proof.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(05-12-2020, 06:37 PM)chuck white Wrote:

No argument there.

Exactly!

(05-12-2020, 06:37 PM)chuck white Wrote:

No argument there.

Yes absolutely correct and I don't think I have said anything contrary to that. As far as what the the owner of the construction site has done or not done I don't know.
But based on what I have read it sure sounds like the two men charged with murder must have seen the videos of Arbery or someone who looked exactly like him In that house several times. PRIOR to the shooting.
(05-12-2020, 08:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I think I know TVg well enough to know he isn't racist... but at the same time I can't help wonder if the roles were reversed and it was a white kid vs 2 black guys if he'd be so quick to judge the kid. I mean, it sounds like he just assumes that kid was causing trouble and the hillbillies were protecting their neighborhood... without actually having any REAL proof.

IMO I one of the few people NOT judging anything at all and trying to be totally objective.

You OTOH called the two white men "hillbillies" in your first post and you still are so who is judging?   Big Grin

I have not said the Michael's were innocent. All I have done is point out some things that may of may not be factual.
Like was Arbery really just out jogging? Did his race really have anything to do with what happened? Should the charges be felony murder for both men?

If Arbery was white and the Michael's were black and there was a video of the white alleged "jogger" running from where he was snooping around (several times) Then yes I would totally wonder if he was really just jogging.

I would also wonder why he would try and take the gun away from one of the two black men.

Also the news media made this shooting a racist act when I have not seen anything whatsoever to prove as much other than assumptions people are way too willing to accept.
Scrapper.....it sounds like he just assumes that kid was causing trouble and the hillbillies were protecting their neighborhood... without actually having any REAL proof.

It might sound that way but I have never said it was a fact "that kid was causing trouble" What I am doing is doubting what is stated as a fact that Arbery was just jogging. Or that the two men were out to kill a black man just because  he was black.. BTW you called him a kid. He's 25 years old. 

But as far as "The hillbillies were protecting their neighborhood"  I don't see any reason to think otherwise.
The shooting was obviously not planned IMO
(05-13-2020, 04:40 PM)tvguy Wrote: Scrapper.....it sounds like he just assumes that kid was causing trouble and the hillbillies were protecting their neighborhood... without actually having any REAL proof.

It might sound that way but I have never said it was a fact "that kid was causing trouble" What I am doing is doubting what is stated as a fact that Arbery was just jogging. Or that the two men were out to kill a black man just because  he was black.. BTW you called him a kid. He's 25 years old. 

But as far as "The hillbillies were protecting their neighborhood"  I don't see any reason to think otherwise.

Sorry but I just have to point out that you are doubting everything about the black kid, but you don't doubt anything about the two white guys. Wonder why that might be?
(05-13-2020, 04:49 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 04:40 PM)tvguy Wrote: Scrapper.....it sounds like he just assumes that kid was causing trouble and the hillbillies were protecting their neighborhood... without actually having any REAL proof.

Sorry but I just have to point out that you are doubting everything about the black kid, but you don't doubt anything about the two white guys. Wonder why that might be?
I'm doubting everything about the black "KID" ??? First of all why are you using the term kid for a 25 year old? It it possible because that's what the media keeps saying? Kind of like they keep saying he was only jogging? Maybe that's true but maybe not so why is it so often stated and believed as if it was a fact?

What exactly am I supposed to doubt about the white guys. That they thought Arbery was a burglar? In other words I'm supposed to consider the two of them  simply wanted to shoot an innocent black man? I see no logical reason to make that assumption. I find it VERY likely their intention were good and that they overstepped their authority.
Probably had NO clue anyone at gunpoint would attack them.

I've given logical reasons why I doubt Arebery was only jogging. And why I think the shooting was not what the definition of murder actually is.
(05-13-2020, 06:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I'm doubting everything about the black "KID" ??? First of all why are you using the term kid for a 25 year old? It it possible because that's what the media keeps saying? Kind of like they keep saying he was only jogging? Maybe that's true but maybe not so why is it so often stated and believed as if it was a fact?

What exactly am I supposed to doubt about the white guys. That they thought Arbery was a burglar? In other words I'm supposed to consider the two of them  simply wanted to shoot an innocent black man? I see no logical reason to make that assumption. I find it VERY likely their intention were good and that they overstepped their authority.

I've given logical reasons why I doubt Arebery was only jogging. And why I think the shooting was not what the definition of murder actually is.

You have decided he was guilty and they did nothing wrong... tried and convicted IN YOUR MIND without any proof.

Here is a video of a man who is allegedly Arbery walking (not jogging) up the the house he entered. He walked TO the house and when he left he ran.
For those who have said they visited some strangers house while it was being built. Was it a house with neighbors all around? Was it a house that was completed to that degree from looking at it from the street?
I doubt it. I sure as hell would never consider entering that house. And especially not many times.
Does this really prove anything? No not really. Does it give me a reason to have doubts? Yes.

https://youtu.be/igThcykZsZk

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/igThcykZsZk [/video]

I called him a kid because compared to me 25 yo is a kid. You can call him whatever you want. And in fact he was jogging, not walking, not sprinting, not crawling... jogging, watch the video.

I don't know if they planned to shoot him but they brought the guns to the party so they brought that potential too. I would think that if there "intentions were good" they would have called law enforcement, that's what they're for. Personally I think they're intentions were to confront aggressively so they brought guns.

Yep, creating that situation can result in unpredictable reactions.

I didn't think too much of your reasons. And there are other charges that might apply, certainly manslaughter comes to mind.
(05-13-2020, 07:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I called him a kid because compared to me 25 yo is a kid. You can call him whatever you want. And in fact he was jogging, not walking, not sprinting, not crawling... jogging, watch the video.

I don't know if they planned to shoot him but they brought the guns to the party so they brought that potential too. I would think that if there "intentions were good" they would have called law enforcement, that's what they're for. Personally I think they're intentions were to confront aggressively so they brought guns.

I didn't think too much of your reasons. And there are other charges that might apply, certainly manslaughter comes to mind.
I agree 100%.

Im with TV on this one, the rest of ya bought the sensationalized narrative hook line and sinker.

FACT? So there is a difference in running and jogging Laughing Laughing  You can tell by looking? At any rate is no fact just because you say so he was exercising rather than running away from something. I'm not stating he was NOT jogging as if that was a fact. I just have doubts.

I don't know if they planned to shoot him but they brought the guns to the party so they brought that potential too.

Very true and I agree. 

I would think that if there "intentions were good" they would have called law enforcement, that's what they're for. Personally I think they're intentions were to confront aggressively so they brought guns.

I don't know for sure but I think they already knew 911 was called and the cops were coming. From the comments that seems to be the case.
And I don't know about you but if I  decided to confront a possible criminal I would take my gun. But like I said before I would never use it to try and detain someone who could be innocent .Doing so was wrong and doing so put in place the events that followed.

Exactly 

Well that's pretty much all I have tried to say Other than there is no proof whatsoever this is a hate crime or that he was merely jogging.  Especially when he was NOT jogging al all he was clearly walking before he entered the house but when he left he ran out of that house like it was on fire.
And maybe because he saw the 911 caller on his cell phone.
(05-13-2020, 07:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:

FACT? So there is a difference in running and jogging Laughing Laughing  You can tell by looking? At any rate is no fact just because you say so he was exercising rather than running away from something. I'm not stating he was NOT jogging as if that was a fact. I just have doubts.

I don't know if they planned to shoot him but they brought the guns to the party so they brought that potential too.

Very true and I agree. 

I would think that if there "intentions were good" they would have called law enforcement, that's what they're for. Personally I think they're intentions were to confront aggressively so they brought guns.

I don't know for sure but I think they already knew 911 was called and the cops were coming. From the comments that seems to be the case.
And I don't know about you but if I  decided to confront a possible criminal I would take my gun. But like I said before I would never use it to try and detain someone who could be innocent .Doing so was wrong and doing so put in place the events that followed.

Exactly 

Well that's pretty much all I have tried to say Other than there is no proof whatsoever this is a hate crime or that he was merely jogging.  Especially when he was NOT jogging al all he was clearly walking before he entered the house but when he left he ran out of that house like it was on fire.
And maybe because he saw the 911 caller on his cell phone.

I said from the beginning of this "I don't claim to know what occurred, I just don't think either of you know either."
I'll stick by that.

I was just trying to present another possible narrative that was at least as plausible from the facts that were public at the time.
(05-13-2020, 07:41 PM)GPnative Wrote: Im with TV on this one, the rest of ya bought the sensationalized narrative hook line and sinker.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you.