Grant
Did anyone else watch the three part TV series about Ulysses S. Grant in the civil war?. I binge watched it because I just had to see how it ended. Laughing

It made me think about what so many Americans went through to free the slaves. And that eventually we even elected a black president.
For every one racist I think there are 100 who are not. And now in 2020 the perception that nothing has changed  
 makes people think rioting will stop racism by cops.
(05-31-2020, 01:17 PM)tvguy Wrote: Did anyone else watch the three part TV series about Ulysses S. Grant in the civil war?. I binge watched it because I just had to see how it ended. Laughing

It made me think about what so many Americans went through to free the slaves. And that eventually we even elected a black president.
For every one racist I think there are 100 who are not. And now in 2020 the perception that nothing has changed  
I haven't.  I could.  Will you tell me where I can watch it?

Honestly I think the protesting has become so politicized into lib/conservative camps that it's hard to even look at race rioting (if that is the right term here) without feeling like it's being coopted for different agendas.
(05-31-2020, 11:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 01:17 PM)tvguy Wrote: Did anyone else watch the three part TV series about Ulysses S. Grant in the civil war?. I binge watched it because I just had to see how it ended. Laughing

I haven't.  I could.  Will you tell me where I can watch it?

Honestly I think the protesting has become so politicized into lib/conservative camps that it's hard to even look at race rioting (if that is the right term here) without feeling like it's being coopted for different agendas.
It was on direct TV. Maybe on the history channel. I don't know who else has it.
We have Xfinity... I just looked and "Grant" is available to view on OnDemand. Maybe Charter or whatever you have in SoOr has it on OnDemand as well. Hubby and I are going to watch it next week.
So, when did the History channel decide to start making shows about History again?
(06-05-2020, 10:20 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, when did the History channel decide to start making shows about History again?

Sadly, that's just funny.
(06-05-2020, 10:20 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, when did the History channel decide to start making shows about History again?
LOL I don't know but I'm glad they have all those non history type shows.
(06-06-2020, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Yeah?  I never really watch them.
(06-06-2020, 09:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:
I watch a lot of them
I like Counting cars, American pickers, Alone , Mountain man,the curse of Oak island, Pawn stars,

And a lot of similar shows on the discovery channel. Bearing sea gold Expedition unknown. Josh Gates is Hilarious. Mysteries of the deep the same guy in River monsters. Outback opal hunters and other similar shows.
(06-07-2020, 04:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
I watch a lot of them
I like Counting cars, American pickers, Alone , Mountain man,the curse of Oak island, Pawn stars,

And a lot of similar shows on the discovery channel. Bearing sea gold Expedition unknown. Josh Gates is Hilarious. Mysteries of the deep the same guy in River monsters. Outback opal hunters and other similar shows.

I finally gave up on bearing sea gold, it got to scripted and jumped the shark. very close to giving up on gold rush & deadliest catch. I am many episodes behind. I hate how they combine different shows into one just to scam your DVR.
(06-08-2020, 06:00 AM)GPnative Wrote:
I watch a lot of them

I finally gave up on bearing sea gold, it got to scripted and jumped the shark. very close to giving up on gold rush & deadliest catch. I am many episodes behind. I hate how they combine different shows into one just to scam your DVR.
I don't watch anything unless it's recorded. If I could not fast forward I would not watch al most all of the shows I mentioned.
The dredging and the equipment and the diving is all real.The gold is real. What happened to Shawn Pomranke's dad?All of a sudden he disappeared? They keep showing giant dredge the Myrtle Irene stuck in a storm and they make it look like it will go aground. But I doubt it will actually happen.
I definitely have to FF a lot for Deadliest Catch.
(06-08-2020, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: LOL I don't know but I'm glad they have all those non history type shows.
I watch a lot of them

I don't watch anything unless it's recorded. If I could not fast forward I would not watch al most all of the shows I mentioned.
The dredging and the equipment and the diving is all real.The gold is real. What happened to Shawn Pomranke's dad?All of a sudden he disappeared? They keep showing giant dredge the Myrtle Irene stuck in a storm and they make it look like it will go aground. But I doubt it will actually happen.
I know you don't have Charter Cable, but I do, and for some reason the History channel doesn't give me a record feature. Other channels do.  So I have to hurry (in the case of Grant) to watch the episodes.  They have some other ones I should watch also.
(06-08-2020, 10:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-06-2020, 09:31 PM)Juniper Wrote: Yeah?  I never really watch them.
I watch a lot of them

I know you don't have Charter Cable, but I do, and for some reason the History channel doesn't give me a record feature. Other channels do.  So I have to hurry (in the case of Grant) to watch the episodes.  They have some other ones I should watch also.
That's weird. Can you fast forward any of it?
(06-08-2020, 10:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 04:03 PM)tvguy Wrote: I watch a lot of them

I don't know, but they cut the commercials so, no need. At least on Grant.
(06-09-2020, 12:13 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 06:00 AM)GPnative Wrote: I finally gave up on bearing sea gold, it got to scripted and jumped the shark. very close to giving up on gold rush & deadliest catch. I am many episodes behind. I hate how they combine different shows into one just to scam your DVR.
When I watched Grant it didn't take long to get sick of hearing from the peanut gallery of so called experts who continually talked of Grant as if he was a God. So they got FFed LOL

I started to watch a documentary about how the rebels went Rogue after the civil war. It was hosted and narrated by Ton Selleck. There was actual acting with dialog but then it kept getting interrupted by stars like Keefer Sutherland.
So I stopped watching.
(06-09-2020, 12:50 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 12:13 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 02:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: I don't watch anything unless it's recorded. If I could not fast forward I would not watch al most all of the shows I mentioned.
When I watched Grant it didn't take long to get sick of hearing from the peanut gallery of so called experts who continually talked of Grant as if he was a God. So they got FFed LOL

I started to watch a documentary about how the rebels went Rogue after the civil war. It was hosted and narrated by Ton Selleck. There was actual acting with dialog but then it kept getting interrupted by stars like Keefer Sutherland.
So I stopped watching.
I got the feeling it was a bit revisionist. They really wanted to get away from Grant's drinking issue. I think it's great that they want to focus on something other than his drinking, but it's such a common theme in his history that I can't feel it was ALL just negative propoganda.