How does the attack on the capital compare to the Georhe Floyd riots
I find it amazing that the far right wingers on FB are justifying or minimizing what went on Jan 6 by saying liberals did the same thing all summer.
From my point of view the idiots at the capital were almost totally and obviously Trump supporters, conservatives.
They actually left Trumps rally and went straight to the capital.
But the dimwits who protested for Floyd with violence didn't seem to me like they were democrats or conservatives.
I see it too, but one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.
(01-14-2021, 07:10 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I see it too, but one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Right but apparently all the dumbfuck trumpers have a handbook they carry with a flow chart to come up with these ways to defend trump for virtually anything he does.
(01-14-2021, 07:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 07:10 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I see it too, but one has absolutely nothing to do with the other.

Right but apparently all the dumbfuck trumpers have a handbook they carry with a flow chart to come up with these ways to defend trump for virtually anything he does.
Ignorant assholes putting Trump before their Country. And when you say that to them, they have excuses for that too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
You notice how quiet SD has been?

(01-14-2021, 08:14 PM)Scrapper Wrote: You notice how quiet SD has been?

His absence speaks as loudly as his lockstep party talking points.

I've always been suspicious of anyone chest thumping and proclaiming they are patriots and anyone else not lined up directly behind them are not. I think this whole fiasco just corroborates my suspicions.
What I don't understand is the Trump Cult. Sure, I can see how conservatives may like some of his policies, but they willingly suspend belief when it comes to how rotten he is. I can't defend his rhetoric or divisiveness. He thrives on that. But the Republicans make me angrier with their willing support of Trump and his actions through their support and refusal to censure him when he has deserved it so many times. I'm more moderate than left, but the actions of the Republicans has guaranteed me refusal to EVER vote for one till they can start acting more ethically.
Well....they were mostly white.
(01-14-2021, 08:14 PM)Scrapper Wrote: You notice how quiet SD has been?

SD avoids confrontation for the most part.
(01-14-2021, 10:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: What I don't understand is the Trump Cult.  Sure, I can see how conservatives may like some of his policies, but they willingly suspend belief when it comes to how rotten he is. I can't defend his rhetoric or divisiveness. He thrives on that.  But the Republicans make me angrier with their willing support of Trump and his actions through their support and refusal to censure him when he has deserved it so many times.  I'm more moderate than left, but the actions of the Republicans has guaranteed me refusal to EVER vote for one till they can start acting more ethically.

Yeah, I agree with that. I used to vote for Republican candidates sometimes. In the last half a dozen years or so I don't think I've voted for any. I would love for some to start exercising their own brain cells again instead of kowtowing to the conservative cult.
(01-14-2021, 11:34 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 10:56 PM)Juniper Wrote: What I don't understand is the Trump Cult.  Sure, I can see how conservatives may like some of his policies, but they willingly suspend belief when it comes to how rotten he is. I can't defend his rhetoric or divisiveness. He thrives on that.  But the Republicans make me angrier with their willing support of Trump and his actions through their support and refusal to censure him when he has deserved it so many times.  I'm more moderate than left, but the actions of the Republicans has guaranteed me refusal to EVER vote for one till they can start acting more ethically.

Yeah, I agree with that. I used to vote for Republican candidates sometimes. In the last half a dozen years or so I don't think I've voted for any. I would love for some to start exercising their own brain cells again instead of kowtowing to the conservative cult.

I wonder how a more moderate candidate with savvy would do?
(01-15-2021, 09:14 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 11:34 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I wonder how a more moderate candidate with savvy would do?

Not sure what you mean.

This could be the Republicans sink or swim moment. I'm hoping they can put their hard core back where they belong and move on. But I don't think that's at all certain.