Craigslist funny stuff
(01-17-2021, 04:41 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 02:02 PM)tvguy Wrote: We had this exact same cedar chest. I paid 20 bucks for it a few years back. Anyway I thought it was ugly and all we used it for was a catch all because we have another chest.
Anyway I was going to burn it andbut I found out it's not cedar at all but just a laminate that look just like cedar.
So I didn't burn it I sent it to the dump.
Anyway this idiot thinks he is going to get $777 Unsure  WTF even if it was cedar that's absurd.

[Image: cedar-chest.jpg]

Ugly, be lucky if someone would take it for free.

As someone who has been using CL since it began, you can tell Facebook marketplace has had an impact, less new stuff coming up, making all those day after day reposting garbage assholes way more noticable. Not to say CL is dying, still plenty of activity, but half the daily ads are reposted crap.
Yes it is ugly that's why I was so ready to burn the one I had LOL

Yes I have noticed there is not as many new listings on CL as before. I had not thought about that being because of market place but I bet you are right. I thought maybe it was because more people are buying up the new item (good deals) before I see them. Especially since I don't get up early.
Maybe there are more dealers like me now with covid.
But still I have a lot better luck actually getting a response from people on CL then Market place. No clue why.

I still do a LOT of flagging there has been DEALERS in the past with hundreds of items that finally were flagged in to oblivion so I know it does work.

BTW I texted the person asking $777 for the fake ugly chest and told them it was not even cedar, no response
(01-17-2021, 08:45 PM)bbqboy Wrote: The imposing of charging for car ads has certainly reduced those by a whole bunch.
But it added a whole bunch to the barter category.
Smiling

And some of them post their car for sale under General Rolling Eyes
Here is the same one  ebay and the seller thinks it is cedar LOL 425 bucks Rolling Eyes

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373366174012?ch...j0QAvD_BwE
Here's another guy completely out of his mind.  I found three of the items all listed for about 150 each and one sold.

[Image: met6al-stskes.jpg]
I'm REALLY sick of seeing this assholes posts. He posts this all over the place.

[Image: vacation-ass.jpg]
This guy is a lying sack of shit. He didn't pat 25 bucks for each ballast. For one thing they are all used. You can tell because the wires were cut short when they were removed.
And a new one costs between 10 and 15 bucks.

Ballasts are obsolete now anyway . You can buy 4 ft LED lamps for 4 bucks each and that's cheaper than a ballast.
That's what someone did which is how this liar got all this JUNK.

[Image: Liar.jpg]
This jerk never updates his posts instead he RE posts them . So it doesn't matter if I flag or use the hide feature I still have to scroll past them every time.
WHY????

[Image: aholee.jpg]
(01-18-2021, 03:16 PM)tvguy Wrote: Here's another guy completely out of his mind.  I found three of the items all listed for about 150 each and one sold.

[Image: met6al-stskes.jpg]

Email and ask if it comes with the ice chest  Wink
(01-18-2021, 02:35 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 02:02 PM)tvguy Wrote: We had this exact same cedar chest. I paid 20 bucks for it a few years back. Anyway I thought it was ugly and all we used it for was a catch all because we have another chest.
Anyway I was going to burn it andbut I found out it's not cedar at all but just a laminate that look just like cedar.
Anyway this idiot thinks he is going to get $777 Unsure  WTF even if it was cedar that's absurd.

As someone who has been using CL since it began, you can tell Facebook marketplace has had an impact, less new stuff coming up, making all those day after day reposting garbage assholes way more noticable. Not to say CL is dying, still plenty of activity, but half the daily ads are reposted crap.

Yes I have noticed there is not as many new listings on CL as before. I had not thought about that being because of market place but I bet you are right. I thought maybe it was because more people are buying up the new item (good deals) before I see them. Especially since I don't get up early.
But still I have a lot better luck actually getting a response from people on CL then Market place. No clue why.

I still do a LOT of flagging there has been DEALERS in the past with hundreds of items that finally were flagged in to oblivion so I know it does work.

BTW I texted the person asking $777 for the fake ugly chest and told them it was not even cedar, no response

POS chest. I have a cedar chest.  It's gorgeous and weighs a ton.  Puts that thing to shame.
(01-18-2021, 10:12 PM)Juniper Wrote:

POS chest. I have a cedar chest.  It's gorgeous and weighs a ton.  Puts that thing to shame.
Why would a cedar chest weigh a ton?? Are you sure it's cedar? Unsure

There is one like this one on ebay for $250.00 The seller is advertising it as a cedar chest so I tried to contact the seller and tell him it was not cedar but I couldn't. Ebay is so afraid someone is going to buy the item and leave ebay out of the loop they make it impossible to actually speak to a seller.
So I tried to report the ad for inaccurate description and I could not even do that Mad
(01-19-2021, 02:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

There is one like this one on ebay for $250.00 The seller is advertising it as a cedar chest so I tried to contact the seller and tell him it was not cedar but I couldn't. Ebay is so afraid someone is going to buy the item and leave ebay out of the loop they make it impossible to actually speak to a seller.
So I tried to report the ad for inaccurate description and I could not even do that Mad

Good question. I think so.  Maybe it's just lined with cedar?  Don't know.  But it's a beautiful piece.
Do brides still get cedar chests as wedding gifts?
(01-19-2021, 09:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-17-2021, 04:41 PM)GPnative Wrote: Ugly, be lucky if someone would take it for free.

Good question. I think so.  Maybe it's just lined with cedar?  Don't know.  But it's a beautiful piece.
The one I'm talking about was particle board. Yours should smell like cedar.
(01-20-2021, 09:01 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Do brides still get cedar chests as wedding gifts?

No they get money trees Razz
(01-20-2021, 01:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 02:35 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes it is ugly that's why I was so ready to burn the one I had LOL

It did when I got it. I opened it the other day and didn't really catch the odor of cedar at all...so...don't know.  But it's not particle board. Maybe I'll get a picture of it.
(01-20-2021, 08:52 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-18-2021, 10:12 PM)Juniper Wrote: POS chest. I have a cedar chest.  It's gorgeous and weighs a ton.  Puts that thing to shame.

It did when I got it. I opened it the other day and didn't really catch the odor of cedar at all...so...don't know.  But it's not particle board. Maybe I'll get a picture of it.
 If I showed a picture of the fake one no one could tell if it's cedar or not. The best way to tell if something is plastic is to take a small scraping and burn it. Sometimes it's REALLY hard to tell if something is bone, ivory or plastic.
Of course plastic has an unmistakable odor. Bone or ivory will smell like burnt hair and we all know that odor.

Posting pictures here is super easy using postimage.
(01-21-2021, 07:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 02:06 PM)tvguy Wrote: Why would a cedar chest weigh a ton?? Are you sure it's cedar? Unsure

If I showed a picture of the fake one no one could tell if it's cedar or not. The best way to tell if something is plastic is to take a small scraping and burn it. Sometimes it's REALLY hard to tell if something is bone, ivory or plastic.
Of course plastic has an unmistakable odor. Bone or ivory will smell like burnt hair and we all know that odor.

Well, this isn't plastic, but it's out in the garage so I haven't taken a picture of it.
(01-21-2021, 09:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-19-2021, 09:50 PM)Juniper Wrote: Good question. I think so.  Maybe it's just lined with cedar?  Don't know.  But it's a beautiful piece.

Well, this isn't plastic, but it's out in the garage so I haven't taken a picture of it.
It doesn't matter. I just wondered why it would be heavy.
(01-22-2021, 02:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 01:32 PM)tvguy Wrote: The one I'm talking about was particle board. Yours should smell like cedar.

Cause of all the stuff that's in it... Laughing
(01-22-2021, 03:08 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 02:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-20-2021, 08:52 PM)Juniper Wrote: It did when I got it. I opened it the other day and didn't really catch the odor of cedar at all...so...don't know.  But it's not particle board. Maybe I'll get a picture of it.

Cause of all the stuff that's in it... Laughing

Her rock collection