Covid
(05-07-2021, 05:35 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 08:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 07:53 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 07:04 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-06-2021, 06:46 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: I am virtually immune from contracting or spreading Covid-19, according the CDC. This is a fact.

And it is not a "law".

I think you're making things up again. Spreading fake news, alternative facts. You should get a job with FOX.

There is an actual link for you to click on.  CDC.  What am I making up?

You stated ".008% chance of contracting the virus after vaccine". That isn't what the CDC was quoted as saying or what the bestlifeonline article said. The .008% number is not useful or indicative of much of anything.

The article talked about some number of breakthrough infections reported after being vaccinated. Reported, but not all breakthrough infections. There are undoubtedly many more unreported cases. I think at best the number of reported infections are the worst of the worst cases. Post vaccination testing would be needed to get an accurate measurement.

If you were right don't you think the drug companies would be shouting your "virtually immunity" from every rooftop?

"You have a 0.008 percent chance of getting COVID after being fully vaccinated."

LOL, that's a quote by.. who??
So, this gave me a chuckle...

"I never thought I'd live to see the day when the right wing would become the cool ones giving the middle finger to the establishment, and the left wing becoming the sniveling self righteous twatty ones going around shaming everyone."

-- John Lydon -- The Sex Pistols

So true John, so true....
(05-07-2021, 11:46 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: So, this gave me a chuckle...

"I never thought I'd live to see the day when the right wing would become the cool ones giving the middle finger to the establishment, and the left wing becoming the sniveling self righteous twatty ones going around shaming everyone."

--  John Lydon -- The Sex Pistols

True.

Of course, I'm not sure how many of us here are truly left wing.

So what is a person who like you refuses to wear a mask actually trying to accomplish?

And from where I sit I  see the far right giving the finger to the establishment as Much or more than the far left.
Look at Jan 6.  Look at how it's been the right downplaying the virus from day one. It's the right that wants to DEregulate.
It's the right that keeps making the stupid ass claims that our government WANTS to control us and keep us locked down.
It's the right that refuses to believe the science of climate change.
And it's the right mostly who won't get a vaccination.

Nine out of the ten least vaccinated states voted for Trump in 2020, with the exception being Georgia, which narrowly went to President Joe Biden. 
Maine (41.5%), Connecticut (40.6%), Vermont (39.9%) and New Mexico (39%) have vaccinated the most residents of any state in the country. 
Nine of the ten most vaccinated states went to Biden in 2020, with the holdout being South Dakota, which ranks seventh in full vaccinations. 
Big Number
70% to 90%. That’s the percentage of residents who must gain immunity to the virus for herd immunity—the moment when enough of a population is immune to the virus that “indirect protection” is provided—to be reached, health experts say.
(05-09-2021, 10:37 PM)Juniper Wrote:

True.

So true. I get labeled as a right winger when I post my opinions to the far left. And when I do the same to the far right then I am labeled as far left.
The far right crowd can't accept that a veteran gun owner with a CWP. A hunter and being pro cop can be a democrat.

Because they have been brainwashed by Fox AM radio and youtube and they have this idiotic stereotype they love to share.
(05-10-2021, 02:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:

True.

So true. I get labeled as a right winger when I post my opinions to the far left. And when I do the same to the far right then I am labeled as far left.
The far right crowd can't accept that a veteran gun owner with a CWP. A hunter and being pro cop can be a democrat.

Because they have been brainwashed by Fox AM radio and youtube and they have this idiotic stereotype they love to share.

Big Grin  It's just difficult to accept that anyone with all the traits and beliefs you just claimed to have, would be stupid enough to vote for the very party that hates all of it, and wants you gone.  Talk about voting against your own self interests. You're not a Democrat in that case, you're an idiot.
(05-10-2021, 04:34 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

True.

Big Grin  It's just difficult to accept that anyone with all the traits and beliefs you just claimed to have, would be stupid enough to vote for the very party that hates all of it, and wants you gone.  Talk about voting against your own self interests. You're not a Democrat in that case, you're an idiot.
And there you have it. EXACTLY what I was talking about YOU are the typical ignorant republican who stereotypes democrats.

News flash, there are millions or tens of millions of dems who share my views. You have just been fooled in to thinking all dems are anti cop anti law and order. You think we all want open borders and free stuff for everyone. You think we are all anti gun.
You believe all of this because you are weak minded and you don't think for yourself.

You act as if  my views I mentioned means I have to or should be a republican. As if those were the ONLY views that matter.
Sorry but I am pro choice on abortion. I'm also pro union. I'm also for equal rights for LGBTs.
I'm not for constantly trying to get rid of food stamps or unemployment extensions.
I'm also a total environmentalist and I have been my whole life. I think the ESA is important and very much needed.
 I'm all for alternate energy and reducing our carbon foot print. I believe in  science and climate change is indeed human caused.
This is why I could never be a republican.
(05-10-2021, 05:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:

True.

And there you have it. EXACTLY what I was talking about YOU are the typical ignorant republican who stereotypes democrats.

News flash, there are millions or tens of millions of dems who share my views. You have just been fooled in to thinking all dems are anti cop anti law and order. You think we all want open borders and free stuff for everyone. You think we are all anti gun.
You believe all of this because you are weak minded and you don't think for yourself.

You act as if  my views I mentioned means I have to or should be a republican. As if those were the ONLY views that matter.
Sorry but I am pro choice on abortion. I'm also pro union. I'm also for equal rights for LGBTs.
I'm not for constantly trying to get rid of food stamps or unemployment extensions.
I'm also a total environmentalist and I have been my whole life. I think the ESA is important and very much needed.
 I'm all for alternate energy and reducing our carbon foot print. I believe in  science and climate change is indeed human caused.

"Sniveling self righteous twatty ones going around shaming everyone." My point proved as well.
(05-10-2021, 06:28 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(05-09-2021, 10:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: True.

"Sniveling self righteous twatty ones going around shaming everyone." My point proved as well.
 "everyone" Nope only the far right Trump cultists like you.

I find it hilarious that your quote perfectly describes a good many in your own camp. But you wouldn't see that, of course.

It's become obvious that the Republican Party doesn't really exist anymore. It's been brow beaten and crushed until it's so small it can be swept under the rug and ignored. I regret that, I used to vote for some of them. All that's left is the trumpPublicans, a pied piper and swarm of simpletons who, ironically, accused everyone else of being lemmings.
Quote:We went from "Only 10 days to flatten the curve" to "Not until I see your papers".  In a year. I did Nazi that coming.

Big Grin  Yes TVguy, you are a Mask Nazi.
(05-11-2021, 08:07 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
Quote:We went from "Only 10 days to flatten the curve" to "Not until I see your papers".  In a year. I did Nazi that coming.

Big Grin  Yes TVguy, you are a Mask Nazi.

Good lord equating wearing a mask to Nazi Germany is low brow and just plain stupid.
And yet here you are parroting that idiotic nonsense and you actually think it's clever or meaningful. Rolling Eyes

That is literally Trump's daily M O.  He did it every day of his presidency and still is.

True.

Why does being anti-Trump make anyone a Democrat or left wing?
Looks like the CDC agrees with.... me.
(05-12-2021, 09:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:

True.

It's the trumpublican 11th commandment, "worship the orange man or be tarred as a communist." Their other ten commandments are unimportant.
(05-14-2021, 05:25 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Looks like the CDC agrees with.... me.

Yep, crickets.  Seems some people hate losing the controlling aspect of feeling superior.
(05-14-2021, 11:35 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-12-2021, 09:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:

It's the trumpublican 11th commandment, "worship the orange man or be tarred as a communist." Their other ten commandments are unimportant.

As they've proven. Keep Chester the Molester in, send Cheney out for being... anti-Trump??  There was no insurrection? It was a bold-faced lie? SD's comment also confirms his inability to have discussion, just drop bombs and skulk silently.
(05-14-2021, 05:25 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Looks like the CDC agrees with.... me.

Yes, they must have conferred with you to come to this decision. Your comment implies that you AGREED with masking up to this point.
interesting...I went to Food 4 Less today. Literally everyone was wearing masks. I asked the cashier what the store policy was and was told you can be unmasked (if you are vaccinated). Nobody was unmasked. I was surprised.