What's in your garden?
So, no advice AGAINST a duck?
(02-24-2022, 09:23 PM)Juniper Wrote: So, no advice AGAINST a duck?

They are a bit of work to take care of.. or so my brother told me. You might get eggs though.
(02-24-2022, 09:23 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-24-2022, 03:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 09:33 PM)Juniper Wrote: This house I'm in has the worst problem with snails. And Earwigs. I've tried all the things. Diatomaceous earth. Traps...bait...salt.  But still, I lose more plants to snails.  So....I'm thinking of a duck. Yeah, I've said it before, but I'm thinking more seriously.  Duck?  No duck?  I'm more worried about the dog and the cat than anything else.  I think the dog can be trained. The cat?  Well...not too sure.

Have you really set out SEVERAL containers with vegetable oil. When I do they fill up with earwigs.
Plus when it's a bad year I go out at night they are all over my porch and walls and my sliding glass door and spray them one at a time with ammonia or Awesome orange.

I always had problems with snails in my strawberries until last year when they are growing in a a metal watering trough I don't have them.
Snails will crawl in to anything with beer and drown.
Obviously not enough.  Right?
I guess so. Put out more traps and do it early. The more you kill the less eggs they lay. So if you kill enough in one year you shouldn't have as may the next year.

Maybe you could try this...https://www.amazon.com/Monterey-LG6575-S...2e607dbd72

Don't they shit all over the place?
(02-25-2022, 01:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Don't they shit all over the place?

Yes...that's a consideration.  I was thinking of having a pen for it and then just setting it loose at different times.
(02-25-2022, 01:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 09:33 PM)Juniper Wrote: This house I'm in has the worst problem with snails. And Earwigs. I've tried all the things. Diatomaceous earth. Traps...bait...salt.  But still, I lose more plants to snails.  So....I'm thinking of a duck. Yeah, I've said it before, but I'm thinking more seriously.  Duck?  No duck?  I'm more worried about the dog and the cat than anything else.  I think the dog can be trained. The cat?  Well...not too sure.

Have you really set out SEVERAL containers with vegetable oil. When I do they fill up with earwigs.
Plus when it's a bad year I go out at night they are all over my porch and walls and my sliding glass door and spray them one at a time with ammonia or Awesome orange.

I always had problems with snails in my strawberries until last year when they are growing in a a metal watering trough I don't have them.
I guess so. Put out more traps and do it early. The more you kill the less eggs they lay. So if you kill enough in one year you shouldn't have as may the next year.

Maybe you could try this...https://www.amazon.com/Monterey-LG6575-S...2e607dbd72

It has great reviews....and I was about to hit the buy button, but it's out of stock and unknown when it will be.
(02-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(02-25-2022, 01:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It has great reviews....and I was about to hit the buy button, but it's out of stock and unknown when it will be.
I think Loews has it and also Walmart. I bought something like this stuff years ago and I scattered some on the pavers by our door. I was surprised to see a whole bunch of dead flies all over the ground where I spread that stuff
Who thinks it time to plant watermelons and who is paying SIX BUCKS for a tiny start in a 4 in pot????

[Image: water-melon.png]
(03-29-2022, 05:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Who thinks it time to plant watermelons and who is paying SIX BUCKS for a tiny start in a 4 in pot????

Someone will.
(03-29-2022, 05:08 PM)tvguy Wrote: Who thinks it time to plant watermelons and who is paying SIX BUCKS for a tiny start in a 4 in pot????

Jeez! that girls tiny!!
(03-29-2022, 09:17 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Someone will.
Someones did LOL. The guy is sold out Blink
(03-30-2022, 06:43 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Jeez! that girls tiny!!
(03-30-2022, 10:43 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-30-2022, 06:43 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Jeez! that girls tiny!!
Laughing Laughing Laughing