Drop George Zimmerman’s murder charge
(05-18-2012, 11:29 PM)Clone Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 11:10 PM)DUNNO Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 11:03 PM)Clone Wrote: My husband's murderer was convicted of 2nd Degree Murder on circumstantial evidence...they couldn't prove pre-meditation.
At least in CA, the difference between 1 and 2 is pre-meditation.
Pre-meditation is, by far, the hardest thing to prove.

Florida statute, Murder 2 has the element of pre-meditation.

Overview of Florida Second Degree Murder Laws
In Florida, state laws establish several types of homicide, the unlawful killing of a human being. The state prosecutes homicides as murders and manslaughters -- it may be helpful to know the multiple types of murders established by state law and understand the differences among them. In particular, second degree murder lacks the premeditation often required for the prosecution of a first degree murder.
To prove second degree murder, a prosecutor must show that the defendant acted according to a "depraved mind" without regard for human life.
Florida state laws permit the prosecution of second degree murder when the killing lacked premeditation or planning, but the defendant acted with enmity toward the victim or the two had an ongoing interaction or relationship. Unlike first degree murder, second degree murder does not necessarily require proof of the defendant's intent to kill.

State law specifically requires a charge of second degree murder if the victim dies during the commission of one of the felony crimes specified by statute. These felonies include burglary, home-invasion robbery, kidnapping, sexual battery, and a number of other offenses. To establish second degree murder, the prosecutor must show that the victim died as a result of an act committed by a non-participant in the felony. If the defendant or another criminal participant in the felony caused the unlawful killing, state law requires a charge of first degree murder rather than second degree murder. Florida uses this law to deter and punish unintended deaths as a result of felonious activities

http://law.findlaw.com/state-laws/second...r/florida/

I stand corrected.

(05-18-2012, 06:47 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: A medical report by George Zimmerman’s doctor has disclosed that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting. If this evidence turns out to be valid, the prosecutor will have no choice but to drop the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman — if she wants to act ethically, lawfully and professionally.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/drop-...z1vHB0xYct By ALan Dershowitz

Yeah, the should drop the charges.......
He did not disobey any orders:
Dispatcher: Are you following him
Zimmerman: Yeah
Dispatcher: We don’t need you to do that.

Also, he was on his way to the store and not on watch, so it is immaterial if he had a personal firearm. He was concerned about his neighborhood due to recent crimes and had the cajones to question someone he did not recognize. I would rather have a 10 GZ's in my neighbor hood than 1 stoned thief like Trey-Trey.
(05-18-2012, 10:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 10:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I don't claim to know all about this stand your ground law, but it doesn't make sense you can claim you are standing your ground while chasing after someone.

Right but you are characterizing what went down as Zimmerman chasing Martin. So far all I've heard chased, followed, ran him down, pursued, hunted him down whatever.

I look at the incident as what happened when the two confronted each other. If the two started arguing and Martin attacked Zimmerman and had Zimmerman on his back and kept beating him then the SYG law might make some kind of sense.

Those all mean the same thing. Rolling Eyes
Zimmerman was told to stay in his car. What did he do? He got out of his car! Dry
Trayvon wasn't following Zimmerman.
(05-18-2012, 06:47 PM)Yeshuah Hamashiach Wrote: A medical report by George Zimmerman’s doctor has disclosed that Zimmerman had a fractured nose, two black eyes, two lacerations on the back of his head and a back injury on the day after the fatal shooting. If this evidence turns out to be valid, the prosecutor will have no choice but to drop the second-degree murder charge against Zimmerman — if she wants to act ethically, lawfully and professionally.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/drop-...z1vHB0xYct By ALan Dershowitz

Dershowitz nailed it, it is a "fact specific case" and the prosecutors job "to do justice to the defendant as well as the alleged victim".

It is evident now that the prosecutor had exculpatory evidence that she ignored.

At least he's not a Nazi.
(05-19-2012, 07:55 AM)PonderThis Wrote: At least he's not a Nazi.
No, it turns out that Zimmerman was involved in social justice causes at one time, involving a police officers son who was not arrested for beating up a black homeless guy.
(05-19-2012, 06:44 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 10:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-18-2012, 10:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I don't claim to know all about this stand your ground law, but it doesn't make sense you can claim you are standing your ground while chasing after someone.

Right but you are characterizing what went down as Zimmerman chasing Martin. So far all I've heard chased, followed, ran him down, pursued, hunted him down whatever.

I look at the incident as what happened when the two confronted each other. If the two started arguing and Martin attacked Zimmerman and had Zimmerman on his back and kept beating him then the SYG law might make some kind of sense.

Those all mean the same thing. Rolling Eyes
Zimmerman was told to stay in his car. What did he do? He got out of his car! Dry
Trayvon wasn't following Zimmerman.

Whatever, I guess you are stuck on this meaningless aspect of the case.
It's good to walk yourself through these things, in your head. Before they occur. Especially now that we are left "Bare" before The Rogue Gangs. We will all have to be tough on crime. And, we are loaded with tough criminals. We got that way, with loads of enforcement. We spent ourselves into destitution, in the war on crime. And, we did bag more than a few pot smokers.
(05-19-2012, 03:55 PM)illcommandante Wrote: It's good to walk yourself through these things, in your head. Before they occur. Especially now that we are left "Bare" before The Rogue Gangs. We will all have to be tough on crime. And, we are loaded with tough criminals. We got that way, with loads of enforcement. We spent ourselves into destitution, in the war on crime. And, we did bag more than a few pot smokers.
ILLC do you feel pot smokers are any less inclien to harbor evil spirits than those Law Enforcement characters you loathe so much ? One thing I do agree with Ram Dass is Cops create Hippies and Hippies create cops. Somewhere in the middle you have youngsters putting on military uniforms and red berets . I dont suppose anyone really wants to admit the Neocons are Communists as well.

Judge revokes Zimmerman's bond

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/01/justice/fl...google_cnn
simon and l larry are crying in their donuts