My hubby looks at this every day... and drools over it...
(06-01-2012, 11:45 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 09:40 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 09:28 AM)tvguy Wrote: I'm no gun expert but I know a thing or two about buying and selling. If that gun in the OP was purchased, never fired and saved.
And if the production of that model was limited or if they stop making it.
The value will increase , probably a lot.

That really depends on the collectibility. Many developimentos have just not taken hold and in the end died away. It really wouldn't be anything out of the ordinary if it didn't take off.

Yeah it depends on a lot of things.

Quote:I can carry 2 1911s and distribute the weight more evenly.

Yeah I know but how practical it is has zippo to do with how collectible it is or what it's value might be in the future. Did I mention I have a case of Billy beerLaughingRazz
Although IMO I like to collect items that I like.

I collect lots of things I like also, that's usually the best reason.
(06-01-2012, 11:22 AM)Larry Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 10:18 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Certain guns... In the original packaging are worth more.

BTW, my husband knows a thing or two about guns. His grandfather was a collector, which I is where he got his interest in gun collecting. Loading, as well.

So... Bite me, asswipes!

Why the name calling? Can't you keep it civil? I should have clarified my answer that I agree with chuck's opinion of my safe handling of firearms. Obviously I have no idea who your husband is or his qualifications.

Look... I started this thread just to share something my husband has an interest in. I didn't start the bullshit! So get off my back.
(06-01-2012, 10:38 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: You're an idiot then. One offs don,t make something a valuable item.

Seriously? WTF is THAT?!?! You can't even put together a simple sentence! Rolling Eyes
Seriously, people. Scrapper simply said that her hubby likes this gun and wants to add it to a collection. Many collectors don't care about the value of their collections, they just enjoy them.

Kinda a cool looking gun, imo.
Hi.
WOW! What a way to draw people in.

(05-31-2012, 11:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I guess the RVF resident morons . . . You idiots . . . Dur! Dumb asses. . .the idiot, eh?. . . You dumb asses ...
In the midst of that is thrown "Trust me".

Is this really how you guys converse?

(06-01-2012, 10:18 AM)Scrapper Wrote: So... Bite me, asswipes!

Such a nice person. Others around here seem to be as rude, and many others nearly!

Why?

Is this how you really are?? So angry and unpleasant?
That's sad, if so.
(06-01-2012, 01:04 PM)aVine Wrote: Hi.
WOW! What a way to draw people in.

(05-31-2012, 11:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I guess the RVF resident morons . . . You idiots . . . Dur! Dumb asses. . .the idiot, eh?. . . You dumb asses ...
In the midst of that is thrown "Trust me".

Is this really how you guys converse?

(06-01-2012, 10:18 AM)Scrapper Wrote: So... Bite me, asswipes!

Such a nice person. Others around here seem to be as rude, and many others nearly!

Why?

Is this how you really are?? So angry and unpleasant?
That's sad, if so.

Welcome to the loony bin! You'll see. Soon enough.
Certain folks here only understand that kind of language.
(06-01-2012, 01:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Welcome to the loony bin! You'll see. Soon enough.

I don't think so. I'm not one for arguing and namecalling. I would just rather chat, I guess. Seems there's some of that here, but mostly not.
But thank you for the welcome.
By the way, aVine... if you think this is bad??? You ain't seen nothin' yet! Mosey on over to the "War on Women" thread... or how about the "Say What You Want About Ms. Fonda" thread... or the "Gay Marriage" thread! Yeppers... you ain't seen nothin' yet! Twitch Rolling Eyes Embarrassed Sad
(06-01-2012, 12:58 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 11:22 AM)Larry Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 10:18 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Certain guns... In the original packaging are worth more.

BTW, my husband knows a thing or two about guns. His grandfather was a collector, which I is where he got his interest in gun collecting. Loading, as well.

So... Bite me, asswipes!

Why the name calling? Can't you keep it civil? I should have clarified my answer that I agree with chuck's opinion of my safe handling of firearms. Obviously I have no idea who your husband is or his qualifications.

Look... I started this thread just to share something my husband has an interest in. I didn't start the bullshit! So get off my back.

I wouldn't take that thing, or you for that matter, to a shit fight as a shield.
(06-01-2012, 01:31 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 12:58 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Look... I started this thread just to share something my husband has an interest in. I didn't start the bullshit! So get off my back.

I wouldn't take that thing, or you for that matter, to a shit fight as a shield.

Oh darn. Poo. Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing

[Image: tumblr_m4xfteH7Yi1ronffy.gif]
(06-01-2012, 01:17 PM)aVine Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 01:06 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Welcome to the loony bin! You'll see. Soon enough.

I don't think so. I'm not one for arguing and namecalling. I would just rather chat, I guess. Seems there's some of that here, but mostly not.
But thank you for the welcome.

Hi aVine, I'm aTVguyBig Grin It's not that aBad here but sometimes it does get over the aTop.

aScrappy was upset some aHole said thangs about her aHusband. You can understand that can't you?
(05-31-2012, 05:57 PM)Larry Wrote:
(05-31-2012, 11:44 AM)imaham Wrote: Interesting. Larry posted this awhile back and got a ration of crap for it . Hmmm.

Thanks for noticing the hypocrisy.

Again....read the thread. Hypocrisy.

But I can't find Larry's thread where he go roasted. Maybe it was one that got pulled.
Guns aren't anyone's spirituality as far as I know.
I could be wrong.
Oh! There's THAT big word again! Rolling Eyes Laughing
Whose hypocrisy are you blabbing about now? Blink
(06-01-2012, 02:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: tumblr_m4xfteH7Yi1ronffy.gif]

This is amazing...why hadn't I seen it before?????
This is a perfect picture of you know who.
There's even a white foo foo dog! Laughing