national donut day
[Image: 6a00d8341c630a53ef016766f7c85c970b-800wi]
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dailydis...t-day.html
Maple Buttermilk Bar for me, please!
Ohhhhh, how I miss donuts...won't do it...wouldn't be prudent at this juncture...willpower will be my friend.
The next project is walnut sticky buns. Big, walnutty, sticky buns.
One donut? how bad could it be?

I ordered MacD's big breakfast todayRazz. I was in a hurry and desperate OK!

Anyway it's pancakes, a hashbrown, a biscuit, scrambled eggs and a sausage patty. I figured it could be that bad. I was wrong. When I sat down and read the back(hidden)side of the place-mat thing on the tray, the nutrituion guide.
I found out that my breakfast had 56 grams of fatTwitchTwitchTwitchUnsureUnsureBlinkBlink YIKES

I didn't touch the sausage patty or the biscuit and I ate half of the eggs.
McDonald's and you are surprised about the grams of fat??? LOL. Better not look at the sodium.
BZ.............You need someone to get your ass off of the couch(joke). I have a workout buddy who depends on me, can't let her down. 4-5 times a week we exercise. It's a good thing.
Donuts are evil.
(06-01-2012, 06:54 PM)APPLEGATE Wrote: McDonald's and you are surprised about the grams of fat??? LOL. Better not look at the sodium.

Yeah I know the place is terrible for having food loaded with fat. Even that I know that I was surprised there could be that much fat in the breakfast meal I ordered. Eggs. potatoes,a biscuit pancakes and one sausage patty.
I just thought maybe someone else would also think it was surprising.
I think you've been the forum defender of fast food.
Egg McMuffin
Our signature sandwich is made with a freshly cracked* Grade A egg with extra lean Canadian bacon and a slice of melty American cheese, held together by a freshly toasted English muffin. And all that for 300 calories.

This is the only thing I really like from McD's.
(06-01-2012, 09:18 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I think you've been the forum defender of fast food.

What I have said about fast food that ruffled feathers was to disagree with all the people who act like eating it one time will kill you.
The only way I defended macD's was to say that it's the peoples fault who eat there if they become fat or sick from the stuff because they eat too often and or double up or super size.
And it's a good chance they don't exercise either.
There are all kinds of prepared foods at any grocery store that are also loaded with fat and salt.
(06-01-2012, 09:21 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Egg McMuffin
Our signature sandwich is made with a freshly cracked* Grade A egg with extra lean Canadian bacon and a slice of melty American cheese, held together by a freshly toasted English muffin. And all that for 300 calories.

This is the only thing I really like from McD's.

Thanks BZ, that's something that I could actually eat. It only has 12 grams of fat.

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/prod...uffin.html
breakfast jack is better
I would eat that if it had a wheat muffin and real pepper-jack cheese. I make it at home all the time. Usually I skip the meat and cheese and go with roasted green pepper or tomato.
(06-01-2012, 09:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I would eat that if it had a wheat muffin and real pepper-jack cheese. I make it at home all the time. Usually I skip the meat and cheese and go with roasted green pepper or tomato.

If you skip the meat and cheese you might as well skip eatingWink
Now, BBQ! What exactly should Donut day mean for me?
(06-01-2012, 09:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 09:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I would eat that if it had a wheat muffin and real pepper-jack cheese. I make it at home all the time. Usually I skip the meat and cheese and go with roasted green pepper or tomato.

If you skip the meat and cheese you might as well skip eatingWink

There are certain things on "Burgers" or sandwiches, that taste better than the meat and cheese and can be very satisfying.
(06-01-2012, 09:59 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Now, BBQ! What exactly should Donut day mean for me?
EmbarrassedCool