national donut day
(06-01-2012, 10:00 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 09:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 09:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I would eat that if it had a wheat muffin and real pepper-jack cheese. I make it at home all the time. Usually I skip the meat and cheese and go with roasted green pepper or tomato.

If you skip the meat and cheese you might as well skip eatingWink

There are certain things on "Burgers" or sandwiches, that taste better than the meat and cheese and can be very satisfying.

Sure but not when I'm out driving. I could give up red meat if I had an unlimited choice of alternatives. I already have quite a bit. The same with cheese.
(06-01-2012, 09:21 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Egg McMuffin
Our signature sandwich is made with a freshly cracked* Grade A egg with extra lean Canadian bacon and a slice of melty American cheese, held together by a freshly toasted English muffin. And all that for 300 calories.

This is the only thing I really like from McD's.

My thing is, about eating anything out, is I want it to be better somehow than something i would make at home. In less than the time of the drive over to McD's I'd have that poached egg, with melted cheese, sandwiched in an egg muffin, before y ou got to the drive through. (two minutes in the pan, lay cheese over top, while simultaneously popping the muffins in the pre heated toaster. Muffin's pop up, egg is ready and sandwiched and ready to go. what was that? 4 minutes? But most importantly it's fresh. I didn't use pre fab eggs, I was able to create the sandwich with wholesome ingredients that taste fabulous and it was so easy; home made, healthy, delicious. I just am dying for some places to meet that criteria! Please make something fantastic that I cant! Plllleeeeaaase!? Cause there's so many thing out there that would. And I want them dammit! I want great food that didn't come out of a frozen food bag. I want it fresh and cooked right there. Who the hell is doing that these days? Oh, yeah. Donuts do. Sigh. I hate donuts.SadSad
(06-01-2012, 10:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 10:00 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 09:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 09:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I would eat that if it had a wheat muffin and real pepper-jack cheese. I make it at home all the time. Usually I skip the meat and cheese and go with roasted green pepper or tomato.

If you skip the meat and cheese you might as well skip eatingWink

There are certain things on "Burgers" or sandwiches, that taste better than the meat and cheese and can be very satisfying.

Sure but not when I'm out driving. I could give up red meat if I had an unlimited choice of alternatives. I already have quite a bit. The same with cheese.

So, driving has nothing to do with it.
(06-01-2012, 10:04 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
(06-01-2012, 09:59 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Now, BBQ! What exactly should Donut day mean for me?
EmbarrassedCool

Don't be sly. I have schemes in mind.
Since man begain cooking, I think there has been a love for pieces of dough dropped in hot oil.
It's a primitive drive. Laughing
(06-01-2012, 08:09 PM)Crazylace Wrote: Donuts are evil.

Donuts make my brown eyes blue.
[Image: NB_-_stort_-_stopch_319544e.jpg]
(06-02-2012, 05:32 AM)cletus1 Wrote: [Image: NB_-_stort_-_stopch_319544e.jpg]

[Image: NB_-_stort_-_stopch_319544e.jpg]
On the subject of donuts? Yes, please... I'll have one! Just one! Everything in moderation, eh? Big Grin

On the subject of McD's? I love their Oatmeal and Fruit! Yummo!
(06-01-2012, 09:45 PM)bbqboy Wrote: breakfast jack is better

Less calories at 283, less fat at 11 grams...and cheaper to boot...they are still $0.99, right?
Yes, they are. +Canadian bacon instead of sausage.Smiling
(06-02-2012, 07:46 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Yes, they are. +Canadian bacon instead of sausage.Smiling

Definitely...no sausage...blech! Razz