SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
Weather for Josephine... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MEDFORD HAS ISSUED A * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... WEST CENTRAL JACKSON COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST OREGON... NORTHEASTERN JOSEPHINE COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST OREGON... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF GRANTS PASS... * UNTIL 215 PM PDT * AT 136 PM PDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR GRANTS PASS...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH. * OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO MERLIN...I 5 SEXTON SUMMIT...SUNNY VALLEY AND ELDERBERRY FLAT CAMPGROUND
(06-04-2012, 01:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Weather for Josephine... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MEDFORD HAS ISSUED A * SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR... WEST CENTRAL JACKSON COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST OREGON... NORTHEASTERN JOSEPHINE COUNTY IN SOUTHWEST OREGON... THIS INCLUDES THE CITY OF GRANTS PASS... * UNTIL 215 PM PDT * AT 136 PM PDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING QUARTER SIZE HAIL. THIS STORM WAS LOCATED NEAR GRANTS PASS...AND MOVING NORTHEAST AT 25 MPH. * OTHER LOCATIONS IN THE WARNING INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO MERLIN...I 5 SEXTON SUMMIT...SUNNY VALLEY AND ELDERBERRY FLAT CAMPGROUND

The hailstorm passed through here...no thunder and lightning, though.
While lasting only a few minutes, it was extremely powerful!
The thunder we had here in town sounded high pitched and had an echo quality to it as if it was in a giant chamber. Strange....
(06-04-2012, 02:19 PM)Valuesize Wrote: The thunder we had here in town sounded high pitched and had an echo quality to it as if it was in a giant chamber. Strange....

Unique color outside, also.
Prepare for the Venus transit. Big Grin Cool
Wow, up on the hill all we had was wind. It's all calm now. Is that it??
another one coming
We're having some crazy thunder up north! Twitch
(06-04-2012, 02:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We're having some crazy thunder up north! Twitch

Zeus announcing the arrival of beautiful Venus! Smiling
(06-04-2012, 02:50 PM)Clone Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 02:47 PM)Scrapper Wrote: We're having some crazy thunder up north! Twitch

I thought it was Thor.
We had ominous looking black clouds with thunder, lightning, and olive to golf ball sized hail.
We had hail and thunder. Then I drove to White City. Roads were hail. Driving on ice.
(06-04-2012, 05:14 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 02:50 PM)Clone Wrote:

I thought it was Thor.

Thor is Norse...Zeus is Greek Smiling
Zeus lives on Mt. Olympus and is considered the father of all gods.
He loves the pretty women like Venus, too.
I think it's Zeus.....Smiling
Odin is the father of Gods, those Greeks are a bunch of superstitious idiots doomed to spend eternity in Helheim.
Is that in Germany somewhere?
(06-04-2012, 08:30 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Is that in Germany somewhere?

A little south of Germany. Ninja
(06-04-2012, 08:29 PM)chuck white Wrote: Odin is the father of Gods, those Greeks are a bunch of superstitious idiots doomed to spend eternity in Helheim.

Is that like the Lake of Fire?
Gold Hill
(06-04-2012, 09:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-04-2012, 08:30 PM)PonderThis Wrote: Is that in Germany somewhere?

A little south of Germany. Ninja

Near the river Gjoll .
(06-04-2012, 09:10 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Gold Hill

[Image: laughing_like_a_hyena.jpg]
last night was the first night in almost a week that our weather radio didn't go off. Sad part is that I still woke up in the middle of the night a couple of times.