North Dakota Considers Eliminating Property Tax
Oh please. A big strong guy like you?
(06-13-2012, 09:17 AM)Simon Peter Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 09:13 AM)bbqboy Wrote: arson time? A wingnut like you doesn't believe in fire departments, right?

For your sake lets hope a fire doesn't "happen". I do worry now though that you will do it. Anyone that would contemplate suicide would not think twice about harming others, especially after making the suggestion.

Sounds to me like a good time to burn it down for the insurance money. You can vaguely allude to online threats, and say you just don't have any idea why someone would be so out to get you. Laughing
Then he and OL could realize their dream of migrating to India so they can degrade a whole new country of women.
(06-13-2012, 08:31 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Interesting. There was a religious thingie on the ND ballt yesterday, also defeated....
http://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-separati...-amendment
Dakota Decides: Voters Reject Misguided Religion Amendment
Jun 13, 2012 by Rob Boston in Wall of Separation |

Giving people a near-ironclad right to trump secular law because of their religious beliefs would open a Pandora’s box. North Dakota voters nailed that box firmly shut.

I don't know, I was thinking about this. I kind of like the idea of being able to tell the world "Your rules don't apply to me, I'm religious!" It would be pretty fun, actually. Laughing
(06-13-2012, 09:28 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Then he and OL could realize their dream of migrating to India so they can degrade a whole new country of women.

The insurance money from one donut shop here could probably buy a whole harem in India.
(06-13-2012, 09:19 AM)PonderThis Wrote: Oh please. A big strong guy like you?
I think he's worried about the munitions dump, fertilizer, and machine guns in the basement exploding.
Simon Peter is such a fucking victim. Rolling Eyes Please. Dry Get a life, moron. Blink
(06-13-2012, 05:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote: “I would like to be able to know that my home, no matter what happens to my income or my life, is not going to be taken away from me because I can’t pay a tax.”

I understand exactly how this woman feels. There is something very comforting knowing you will always have a home to live in. Don't people that rent use roads, bridges, fireman and police? Many renters supported the Josephine County property tax Levy to fund the Sheriff's Department, a cost they would not pay even part of, how nice of them.

Now before you think I flipped and am now an anti tax Republican, I can assure that I am not. The answer to funding infrastructure and government services in my opinion is a dedicated sales tax and higher gasoline taxes so that more people that use government services and infrastructure help pay for it.
Cete in Oregon that doesn't need to happen. You can stay in your home and the estate can pay the taxes, i.e. after you're dead.
Sales taxes are regressive btw. Funding infrastructure is done by those that create the impacts (as it should be) and renters do pay property tax. The exception is when the landlord doesn't raise rents with tax increase. Perhaps this suggest that the tax isn't as odious as some would have you believe.
(06-13-2012, 09:28 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Then he and OL could realize their dream of migrating to India so they can degrade a whole new country of women.

Spoken from the dipshit that is the first to denigrate any woman that doesn't agree with you politically, philosophically, or sexually.
I haven't seen BBQ denigrate any women period. Your record, however, is a little more spotted than that. Laughing
(06-13-2012, 10:35 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I haven't seen BBQ denigrate any women period. Your record, however, is a little more spotted than that. Laughing

Any examples?
I guess I'll wait for you to produce BBQ's first.
(06-13-2012, 10:42 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I guess I'll wait for you to produce BBQ's first.

He'll do that on his own son enough. He can't help himself to post disparaging remarks about bz every now and again.
I can talk to BZ directly. I don't need you as an interpreter.
I admire her and her motherhood greatly.Discussing views she has stated on the forum- another thing entirely.
(06-13-2012, 09:44 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Simon Peter is such a fucking victim. Rolling Eyes Please. Dry Get a life, moron. Blink

Victimization is the freak flag of the right. A powerful tool when used correctly.
It is like love & hate both powerful emotions. Which one is easy to tap?
Better yet which one is primal?
(06-13-2012, 10:50 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 10:42 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I guess I'll wait for you to produce BBQ's first.

He'll do that on his own son enough. He can't help himself to post disparaging remarks about bz every now and again.

You and Simon both like to talk about how butt hurt you are over personal comments, then when called on it it's always somebody else's butt hurt, not even your own. Laughing
(06-13-2012, 10:12 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 05:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote: “I would like to be able to know that my home, no matter what happens to my income or my life, is not going to be taken away from me because I can’t pay a tax.”

I understand exactly how this woman feels. There is something very comforting knowing you will always have a home to live in. Don't people that rent use roads, bridges, fireman and police? Many renters supported the Josephine County property tax Levy to fund the Sheriff's Department, a cost they would not pay even part of, how nice of them.

Now before you think I flipped and am now an anti tax Republican, I can assure that I am not. The answer to funding infrastructure and government services in my opinion is a dedicated sales tax and higher gasoline taxes so that more people that use government services and infrastructure help pay for it.
Cete in Oregon that doesn't need to happen. You can stay in your home and the estate can pay the taxes, i.e. after you're dead.
Sales taxes are regressive btw. Funding infrastructure is done by those that create the impacts (as it should be) and renters do pay property tax. The exception is when the landlord doesn't raise rents with tax increase. Perhaps this suggest that the tax isn't as odious as some would have you believe.
Willie, I know that new streets in subdivisions are paid for by the developer, then dedicated to the city. So are water, sewer, and storm drainage systems and that cities collect SDCs from developers. Is that what you mean? State and local highway improvements however are paid for by taxes. And renters don't really pay property tax? I realize that when property taxes rise, some landlords raise rents, others do not. That is not the same thing as paying property tax because a renter can not default on a liability they do not have. Also, many areas, mostly outside of Oregon have rent control regulations in place.

Thanks for reminding me that they can get the taxes from those that inherit my estate I had not considered that. Smiling
I don't know why some of you love to make everything so personal. Not personal in the sense that I don't like you personally, but in the sense that I know where you work, or live, or go to school or who babysits your kids blah, blah, blah. You can apparently fight to your hearts content on this forum, but why make it personal?
(06-13-2012, 12:02 PM)PonderThis Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 10:50 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:

You and Simon both like to talk about how butt hurt you are over personal comments, then when called on it it's always somebody else's butt hurt, not even your own. Laughing

You and bbgirl make daily derogatory comments against posters and make things personal. Funny that you would call someone else butthurt.Laughing Should we put some anal lube on our posts to make it more enjoyable for you?
I'd suggest applying the anal lube to yourself, you'll enjoy it more.