North Dakota Considers Eliminating Property Tax
(06-13-2012, 05:40 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I'd suggest applying the anal lube to yourself, you'll enjoy it more.

Is that what you told your son?
I never discussed anal lube at all with my son, but I suggest it for you.
(06-13-2012, 05:51 PM)PonderThis Wrote: I never discussed anal lube at all with my son, but I suggest it for you.

You did him dry? I knew you were deviant but never realized how demented you actually are. Life with PonderThis...........

Simon, you may have anal sex with your kids (and, likely do, given your obsession with it), but I have never even discussed it with my son, who btw I haven't even talked to in years now. I suggest you look deep within your soul and ask yourself why you have this obsession with anal sex. It's certainly not one of my obsessions, and indeed, in my entire life I have never even done it. You are sick, and need help.
Ummmm, yeah. Your gay son won't talk to you because you screwed him up and now you want to put blame on me. Your gay sex with your son cannot be blamed on me no matter how you try to spin your sickness. I am not condemning you for what you do in your bedroom but it is pretty gross and I illegal.
What is up with you Christians and your obsessions with gay sex? Honestly, you have to be repressed.
(06-13-2012, 06:14 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: Ummmm, yeah. Your gay son won't talk to you because you screwed him up and now you want to put blame on me. Your gay sex with your son cannot be blamed on me no matter how you try to spin your sickness. I am not condemning you for what you do in your bedroom but it is pretty gross and I illegal.

Reported. Try being human.
(06-13-2012, 06:21 PM)Larry Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 06:14 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: Ummmm, yeah. Your gay son won't talk to you because you screwed him up and now you want to put blame on me. Your gay sex with your son cannot be blamed on me no matter how you try to spin your sickness. I am not condemning you for what you do in your bedroom but it is pretty gross and I illegal.

Reported. Try being human.

I kept to myself and did not engage him for a long time even though his comments were way over the line daily to myself and others. Oh well.:-)
Simon Peter... so worried all the time about what others are doing in the sack. Rolling Eyes
What's the matter, Simon... not gettin' any so you have to know what everyone else is up to? :wacko:
Jealous that someone might be getting more action than you are? Eyebrows
I see Pubs purchasing Penn Reel Lube in Bi-Mart. Pubs that don't fish, and don't know how to set their drag, to get the most out of the experience.
(06-13-2012, 12:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 10:12 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 05:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote: “I would like to be able to know that my home, no matter what happens to my income or my life, is not going to be taken away from me because I can’t pay a tax.”

I understand exactly how this woman feels. There is something very comforting knowing you will always have a home to live in. Don't people that rent use roads, bridges, fireman and police? Many renters supported the Josephine County property tax Levy to fund the Sheriff's Department, a cost they would not pay even part of, how nice of them.

Now before you think I flipped and am now an anti tax Republican, I can assure that I am not. The answer to funding infrastructure and government services in my opinion is a dedicated sales tax and higher gasoline taxes so that more people that use government services and infrastructure help pay for it.
Cete in Oregon that doesn't need to happen. You can stay in your home and the estate can pay the taxes, i.e. after you're dead.
Sales taxes are regressive btw. Funding infrastructure is done by those that create the impacts (as it should be) and renters do pay property tax. The exception is when the landlord doesn't raise rents with tax increase. Perhaps this suggest that the tax isn't as odious as some would have you believe.
Willie, I know that new streets in subdivisions are paid for by the developer, then dedicated to the city. So are water, sewer, and storm drainage systems and that cities collect SDCs from developers. Is that what you mean? State and local highway improvements however are paid for by taxes. And renters don't really pay property tax? I realize that when property taxes rise, some landlords raise rents, others do not. That is not the same thing as paying property tax because a renter can not default on a liability they do not have. Also, many areas, mostly outside of Oregon have rent control regulations in place.

Thanks for reminding me that they can get the taxes from those that inherit my estate I had not considered that. Smiling

BUMP! Hey Willie, over hear behind the anal sex accusations. Can you see me?
(06-14-2012, 07:49 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 12:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 10:12 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 05:34 AM)cletus1 Wrote: “I would like to be able to know that my home, no matter what happens to my income or my life, is not going to be taken away from me because I can’t pay a tax.”

I understand exactly how this woman feels. There is something very comforting knowing you will always have a home to live in. Don't people that rent use roads, bridges, fireman and police? Many renters supported the Josephine County property tax Levy to fund the Sheriff's Department, a cost they would not pay even part of, how nice of them.

Now before you think I flipped and am now an anti tax Republican, I can assure that I am not. The answer to funding infrastructure and government services in my opinion is a dedicated sales tax and higher gasoline taxes so that more people that use government services and infrastructure help pay for it.
Cete in Oregon that doesn't need to happen. You can stay in your home and the estate can pay the taxes, i.e. after you're dead.
Sales taxes are regressive btw. Funding infrastructure is done by those that create the impacts (as it should be) and renters do pay property tax. The exception is when the landlord doesn't raise rents with tax increase. Perhaps this suggest that the tax isn't as odious as some would have you believe.
Willie, I know that new streets in subdivisions are paid for by the developer, then dedicated to the city. So are water, sewer, and storm drainage systems and that cities collect SDCs from developers. Is that what you mean? State and local highway improvements however are paid for by taxes. And renters don't really pay property tax? I realize that when property taxes rise, some landlords raise rents, others do not. That is not the same thing as paying property tax because a renter can not default on a liability they do not have. Also, many areas, mostly outside of Oregon have rent control regulations in place.

Thanks for reminding me that they can get the taxes from those that inherit my estate I had not considered that. Smiling

BUMP! Hey Willie, over hear behind the anal sex accusations. Can you see me?

Yep. The thread fell apart, became odious or odiferous if you will. CryingCryingNeutral
Re: property taxes if it is not part of the rent then the property owner has elected to pay them. I am unfamiliar with rent controls but my guess is rising property tax is a justification to raise rents. If I rented I would expect that a tax rate increase would passed on to me. Landlords love an excuse to raise rents. It is not that they are greedy but good renters are hard to find.
Simon Peter, you referred to BBQBoy as "You and bbgirl".
Why? Referring to him as a 'girl' is meant to be derogatory, is that correct? It is amusing in light of how you defend your beliefs as being so true-blue, patriotic and America. As long as we women know our places, right? You gave away a lot about yourself with that one INSULT. Yes, it is an insult to refer to a man as a 'girl' if ya know what I mean. Wink

I know all I need to know about you. Dismissed.
(06-19-2012, 11:16 AM)TennisMom Wrote: Simon Peter, you referred to BBQBoy as "You and bbgirl".
Why? Referring to him as a 'girl' is meant to be derogatory, is that correct? It is amusing in light of how you defend your beliefs as being so true-blue, patriotic and America. As long as we women know our places, right? You gave away a lot about yourself with that one INSULT. Yes, it is an insult to refer to a man as a 'girl' if ya know what I mean. Wink

I know all I need to know about you. Dismissed.

Forgive him TennisMom, for he knoweth not his arse from yonder hole in the ground.
Getting back to the original topic, any town in any county in any state in the USA can drop the property tax. Gee, I wonder why it hasn't been done so far? Can it be that citizens actually appreciate their police, fire and school employees? They like their roads to be plowed in the winter and their parks open in the summer, staffed with lifeguards?

Our schools have not done a good job of teaching the reasons for the existence our current taxes, rules and regulations in the first place. We should all be required to spend a week living in a place that can recreate the America of the Gilded Age.
(06-19-2012, 11:21 AM)Leonard Wrote: Forgive him TennisMom, for he knoweth not his arse from yonder hole in the ground.

That is eminently clear. Rolling Eyes
(06-19-2012, 01:24 PM)TennisMom Wrote:
(06-19-2012, 11:21 AM)Leonard Wrote: Forgive him TennisMom, for he knoweth not his arse from yonder hole in the ground.

That is eminently clear. Rolling Eyes