Woo Hoo! Matt Cain Throws PERFECT Game!
San Francisco Giants pitcher Matt Cain threw a perfect game against the Houston Astros in a 10-0 victory.

Cain struck out 14 Astros, tied for the most strikeouts ever in a perfect game.

San Francisco right fielder Gregor Blanco made the defensive play of the game laying out on a dead sprint to haul in a fly ball at the warning track.

The last Giants no-hitter was thrown almost 3 years ago by Jonathan Sanchez.

Blanco and Brandon Belt both drove in three runs to help back Cain.

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=320613126
I just finished watching the recording about 1/2 an hour ago.. Amazing. No Giant has ever before thrown a perfect game. And I think Giants have only thrown about 14 no hitters..
(06-14-2012, 01:12 AM)hillclimber Wrote: I just finished watching the recording about 1/2 an hour ago.. Amazing. No Giant has ever before thrown a perfect game. And I think Giants have only thrown about 14 no hitters..

A friend of mine was THERE!
He's an English professor and he couldn't describe the thunderous, exciting atmosphere. Big Grin
Thanks Clone, for posting it. Our baseball posts have mostly died early here, so I did not bother. Glad it showed up.

Cain deserves all he kudos he is getting. And the TEAM should be mentioned with the same frequency and intensity. No pitcher in the history of the game has ever struck out 27 batters without allowing a ball to be put in play. The other 8 guys are important too.

Blanco's catch in right field a highlight to be remembered.