Pharmaceutical Industry vs. Cannabis
(06-17-2012, 07:15 AM)hillclimber Wrote: And why do you feel the need to drag my family down with your "tolerant" ideas about murdering the unborn or legalizing terrible drugs, or normalizing homosexual, and later other disgusting deviancy.

Your family can do whatever they want, as long as they keep it to themselves. Of course, I'll expect the same in return, OK???
(06-17-2012, 07:18 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 07:09 AM)hillclimber Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 07:06 AM)PonderThis Wrote: I say your vision is for breeding conformist sheep to be exploited, and my vision is for people to think for themselves however they would like.

What is it about society that gives you so little satisfaction?

You are wrong. Bringing about societal change brings me great satisfaction. And all it takes is a little of letting people think for themselves, versus being controlled. We couldn't get this message out before, without the internet. Now, we can. Controlling people will no longer work, I don't believe. Smiling

We're already seeing it! Thumbs Up
(06-17-2012, 07:21 AM)PonderThis Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 07:15 AM)hillclimber Wrote: And why do you feel the need to drag my family down with your "tolerant" ideas about murdering the unborn or legalizing terrible drugs, or normalizing homosexual, and later other disgusting deviancy.

Your family can do whatever they want, as long as they keep it to themselves. Of course, I'll expect the same in return, OK???

Exactly!
(06-17-2012, 06:29 AM)hillclimber Wrote: This is so dishonest... What's wrong with admitting you want it legalized so you can get high?

I started smoking pot to get high, but I have continued using it for it's overall health benefits.
Hill do you suffer from stiffness of the joints or arthritis?
(06-17-2012, 07:26 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 06:29 AM)hillclimber Wrote: This is so dishonest... What's wrong with admitting you want it legalized so you can get high?

I started smoking pot to get high, but I have continued using it for it's overall health benefits.
Hill do you suffer from stiffness of the joints or arthritis?

No I don't, but if I did, I'd not use an illegal drug to alleviate it..

And I don't believe you now only use it for medicinal purposes. Unless getting high is now a necessity, medically. It's called addiction.
It's only an illegal drug because laws make it so (laws that are being undone as we speak). A large amount of people have made a large amount of money by keeping marijuana illegal, thus providing incentive for its continued illegality. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find many examples of products much more harmful than cannibis that are legal to buy and use.

Besides, laws are for sheep. People with their own senses of morality don't need your laws.
(06-17-2012, 06:44 AM)hillclimber Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 06:36 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 06:29 AM)hillclimber Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 09:37 PM)Clone Wrote: "If (Marijuana) were unknown, and bio-prospectors were suddenly to find it in some remote mountain crevice, it's discovery would no doubt be hailed as a medical breakthrough. Scientists would praise it's potential for treating everything from pain to cancer and marvel at it's rich pharmacopoeia; many of whose chemicals mimic vital molecules in the human body." - The Economist

Ha !! It would be smoked just like it is today for its "high" just like khat is chewed.. silly, this notion of trying to legitimize dope in health terms, an illegitimate drug to facilitate your desire to "get high". Just keep buying it underground.

This is so dishonest... What's wrong with admitting you want it legalized so you can get high?
As soon as you admit that you are an old style prohibitionist that wants to control what other people do even when it does not affect you.
Are you sure about that? You make claims not established in fact.. Prohibition bans substances that were legal.. Pot isn't.. You are trying to legalize a known destructive substance that can keep kids in their parents basements for life. Short life.

I want to protect my family's future, by not legalizing drugs guaranteed to stunt their futures.. I want them to grow old luxuriating in the fresh imaginations, the accomplished goals, and the lifestyle, only a clear mind can produce.

Lets analyse your response logically. Pot was legal before it became illegal too and alcohol is only legal now because people got tired of prohibition. Do you want to re-criminalize alcohol? Alcohol is widely used and sometimes abused by kids, what about those clear minds again? I don't recommend kids use any mind altering substances, but that is not what we were discussing. Your "the kids, the kids" is a tired old excuse used by prohibitionists to push their narrow minded views on everyone else and pretty soon it wont work.
(06-17-2012, 07:43 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It's only an illegal drug because laws make it so (laws that are being undone as we speak). A large amount of people have made a large amount of money by keeping marijuana illegal, thus providing incentive for its continued illegality. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find many examples of products much more harmful than cannibis that are legal to buy and use.

Besides, laws are for sheep. People with their own senses of morality don't need your laws.

By that logic, murder is only bad because there are laws against it. I'm sure there are many substances and products that may be more harmful than pot, but that is not a reason for legalizing it.. Or it shouldn't be..

and it's illegality is only lasting because so many are addicted to it.. If they'd quit smoking it, the problem would disappear.

Laws are what this nation was founded upon.. It is laws that you and your kind are constantly abusing, calling into question and demanding change..

You folks are the ones desiring change, not my side.. We have consistently fought for family values, societal norms based in laws of our founding fathers, protection of life, and the insistence on freedom from the tyranny government is constitutionally prohibited from imposing.. You are demanding new laws legislating evil, and demanding more and more legislation that inhibits freedom.. Just look at our airports... What a disgrace.
(06-17-2012, 08:49 AM)hillclimber Wrote: Laws are what this nation was founded upon.. It is laws that you and your kind are constantly abusing,

Like... taking one's money to help them illegally receive benefits?!?!?!
I see how you operate.
You pick and chose the laws you like and don't like...
just as you pick and chose what scripture to live by.
I'm not "demanding" any new laws. I'm OK with a few being taken away though. Smiling

OK, a lot. Laughing
(06-17-2012, 08:49 AM)hillclimber Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 07:43 AM)PonderThis Wrote: It's only an illegal drug because laws make it so (laws that are being undone as we speak). A large amount of people have made a large amount of money by keeping marijuana illegal, thus providing incentive for its continued illegality. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to find many examples of products much more harmful than cannibis that are legal to buy and use.

By that logic, murder is only bad because there are laws against it. I'm sure there are many substances and products that may be more harmful than pot, but that is not a reason for legalizing it.. Or it shouldn't be..

and it's illegality is only lasting because so many are addicted to it.. If they'd quit smoking it, the problem would disappear.

Laws are what this nation was founded upon.. It is laws that you and your kind are constantly abusing, calling into question and demanding change..

You folks are the ones desiring change, not my side.. We have consistently fought for family values, societal norms based in laws of our founding fathers, protection of life, and the insistence on freedom from the tyranny government is constitutionally prohibited from imposing.. You are demanding new laws legislating evil, and demanding more and more legislation that inhibits freedom.. Just look at our airports... What a disgrace.

By your logic, then, the case in point here is legality. It is against the law. Therefore anyone who uses it, is breaking the law. Yet, we know, historically that laws change. If it's not a law tomorrow, it's ok, right?

Quote:We have consistently fought for family values, societal norms based in laws of our founding fathers, protection of life, and the insistence on freedom from the tyranny government is constitutionally prohibited from imposing.

By, this, I take it to mean, that past laws that have since passed into obscurity because they were, at their heart, unconstitutional, should have remained, because a tyrannical government imposed their changes upon you and "Your side".
People with ''superiority complexes'' like the religious crackpots, be they Christian, Muslim, Jew, Mormon or Scientologists that inhabit the world are nothing more than mentally ill.

Remember Galilao and the Pope? Galileo learns of a "spy glass" made by a Dutch eyeglass maker that magnifies distant objects. Galileo constructs several models of the device and displays an 8X telescope at the Venetian Senate. Johannes Kepler publishes his first two laws of planetary motion.

1610 Galileo builds a 30X telescope. He uses the telescope to make several important astronomical discoveries, including four moons of Jupiter, the ring of Saturn, the phases of Venus, and craters and mountains of the moon. His observations of moons revolving around Jupiter confirm for him the correctness of the Copernican model. Galileo also concludes from the irregular features of the moon that the moon is composed of matter similar to that of earth.

1611 Galileo observes sunspots.

In 1616 the Holy Office condemned Galileo's Copernican teaching as "foolish, preposterous and heretical, because it was contrary to Scripture". Before the Cardinals and Inquisitors, the old man, abject and broken, was forced to recite, while kneeling, "I abjure, curse and detest the aforesaid errors and heresies". Paul V didn't have him burned at the stake, as he did others. He was sentenced instead to life imprisonment, later commuted to house arrest for the last nine years of his life.

In 1983 Pope John Paul admitted that the Church under Paul V had made a major mistake and apologised for the shameful way it had treated Galileo.

Illegal is only a word devised by men to subdue those who don't agree with them; in some states, it is illegal to have sex with your wife in any position other than the Missionary position and in some countries it is legal to stone women who have intercourse with anyone other than their husbands.

Laws are meant to keep society functioning but bad laws, like bad governments and religions are meant to be laughed at and replaced with meaningful legislation and an honest account of history.

The world is not 6 thousand years old, there was no Ark and there is no ''god'' that so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son to prove a point; only fables created by man to control men and sell books.
(06-17-2012, 08:49 AM)hillclimber Wrote:

Hill, I know you don't see that when you generalize so broadly, you contradict yourself. For example: When you say you want protect life, I assume you mean the unborn. That means you would repeal Roe v Wade, a law. And you are not for the protection of life in all instances, but now I am drifting.
(06-17-2012, 09:20 AM)Leonard Wrote: People with ''superiority complexes'' like the religious crackpots, be they Christian, Muslim, Jew, Mormon or Scientologists that inhabit the world are nothing more than mentally ill.

Remember Galilao and the Pope? Galileo learns of a "spy glass" made by a Dutch eyeglass maker that magnifies distant objects. Galileo constructs several models of the device and displays an 8X telescope at the Venetian Senate. Johannes Kepler publishes his first two laws of planetary motion.

1610 Galileo builds a 30X telescope. He uses the telescope to make several important astronomical discoveries, including four moons of Jupiter, the ring of Saturn, the phases of Venus, and craters and mountains of the moon. His observations of moons revolving around Jupiter confirm for him the correctness of the Copernican model. Galileo also concludes from the irregular features of the moon that the moon is composed of matter similar to that of earth.

In 1616 the Holy Office condemned Galileo's Copernican teaching as "foolish, preposterous and heretical, because it was contrary to Scripture". Before the Cardinals and Inquisitors, the old man, abject and broken, was forced to recite, while kneeling, "I abjure, curse and detest the aforesaid errors and heresies". Paul V didn't have him burned at the stake, as he did others. He was sentenced instead to life imprisonment, later commuted to house arrest for the last nine years of his life.

In 1983 Pope John Paul admitted that the Church under Paul V had made a major mistake and apologised for the shameful way it had treated Galileo.

Illegal is only a word devised by men to subdue those who don't agree with them; in some states, it is illegal to have sex with your wife in any position other than the Missionary position and in some countries it is legal to stone women who have intercourse with anyone other than their husbands.

Laws are meant to keep society functioning but bad laws, like bad governments and religions are meant to be laughed at and replaced with meaningful legislation and an honest account of history.

The world is not 6 thousand years old, there was no Ark and there is no ''god'' that so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son to prove a point; only fables created by man to control men and sell books.
Well sad Leonard. Smiling
(06-17-2012, 07:37 AM)hillclimber Wrote: No I don't, but if I did, I'd not use an illegal drug to alleviate it..

And I don't believe you now only use it for medicinal purposes. Unless getting high is now a necessity, medically. It's called addiction.

hillclimber: please give an honest reply.
Did you watch the video?
(06-17-2012, 09:29 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 09:20 AM)Leonard Wrote: People with ''superiority complexes'' like the religious crackpots, be they Christian, Muslim, Jew, Mormon or Scientologists that inhabit the world are nothing more than mentally ill.

Yeah...well said cutting and pasting of The Trial of Galileo and a few other people's words. Plagiarism is against forum rules (and illegal too boot), yet Leonard thinks taking other's words from several pages and pasting them as his own make him smart or something.

Hey, Leonard...smoke another doobie and plagiarize more, k? Illegal acts abound in your world. Smiling
(06-17-2012, 09:45 AM)broadzilla Wrote:

Yeah...well said cutting and pasting of The Trial of Galileo and a few other people's words. Plagiarism is against forum rules (and illegal too boot), yet Leonard thinks taking other's words from several pages and pasting them as his own make him smart or something.

Hey, Leonard...smoke another doobie and plagiarize more, k? Illegal acts abound in your world. Smiling

Well broadone, it is better than sitting around ones thumb up ones ass and making no sense at all.

And you you are correct, I did cut and paste the Galileo bit from; https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=16...=firefox-a but the rest is all mine and heart felt.

And I meant to use the quote box, as I usually do and give credit to the search engine for the Galileo chronology but got sidetracked do to a friend dropping by.

Perhaps if you tried to join in the conversations with something meaningful, instead of manifesting your personalty disorder for all to see you might provide something of merit to the conversation instead of your superiority of convictions that is based on ancient text, superstitions and conservative hatefulness.

Get with it girl, this is 2012, not the 9th century.
(06-17-2012, 10:18 AM)Leonard Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 09:45 AM)broadzilla Wrote:

Well broadone, it is better than sitting around ones thumb up ones ass and making no sense at all.

And you you are correct, I did cut and paste the Galileo bit from; https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=16...=firefox-a but the rest is all mine and heart felt.

And I meant to use the quote box, as I usually do and give credit to the search engine for the Galileo chronology but got sidetracked do to a friend dropping by.

Perhaps if you tried to join in the conversations with something meaningful, instead of manifesting your personalty disorder for all to see you might provide something of merit to the conversation instead of your superiority of convictions that is based on ancient text, superstitions and conservative hatefulness.

Perhaps leonard you could simply state that you fucked up and not attack? If not than perhaps you could go fuck yourself.
You make such a nice Christian example.
(06-17-2012, 11:27 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 10:18 AM)Leonard Wrote: Well broadone, it is better than sitting around ones thumb up ones ass and making no sense at all.

Perhaps leonard you could simply state that you fucked up and not attack? If not than perhaps you could go fuck yourself.

Don't worry about it OL...a pothead's opinion of me doesn't matter. (You know what they say about their frontal lobes...it's probably even smaller than another part of his anatomy that he's already trying to make up for...) Smiling