Pharmaceutical Industry vs. Cannabis
Just what exactly is it they say about pot smokers and frontal lobes, I've seen you mention this before.
(06-17-2012, 11:41 AM)PonderThis Wrote: You make such a nice Christian example.

If only I was Christian....
This place has some mean and nasty folks here. Thumbs Down

Clone posted something very personal that has touched her life... depression.
She is looking at what treatment options are available.
But some people can't seem to get off of their better-than-thou high-horse and have a simple conversation about something that could enrich another human being's life.

If you did NOT take the time to view the video Clone posted in its ENTIRETY... you have no business even commenting on this thread. PERIOD!
I didn't watch it. What is this thread about anyway?
(06-17-2012, 11:57 AM)Scrapper Wrote: This place has some mean and nasty folks here. Thumbs Down

Clone posted something very personal that has touched her life... depression.
She is looking at what treatment options are available.
But some people can't seem to get off of their better-than-thou high-horse and have a simple conversation about something that could enrich another human being's life.

If you did NOT take the time to view the video Clone posted in its ENTIRETY... you have no business even commenting on this thread. PERIOD!

It is a success in many ways, though...four pages of discussion regarding Medical Marijuana.
I LOVE it when a subject takes off and many folks get involved.
The peanut section? They'll always be with us. Bless their hearts.
(And if you have any understanding of Southern women? Bless their hearts doesn't really mean bless their hearts) Laughing Razz Laughing
(06-17-2012, 11:41 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 11:27 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 10:18 AM)Leonard Wrote: Well broadone, it is better than sitting around ones thumb up ones ass and making no sense at all.

And you you are correct, I did cut and paste the Galileo bit from; https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=16...=firefox-a but the rest is all mine and heart felt.

And I meant to use the quote box, as I usually do and give credit to the search engine for the Galileo chronology but got sidetracked do to a friend dropping by.

Perhaps if you tried to join in the conversations with something meaningful, instead of manifesting your personalty disorder for all to see you might provide something of merit to the conversation instead of your superiority of convictions that is based on ancient text, superstitions and conservative hatefulness.

Get with it girl, this is 2012, not the 9th century.

Perhaps leonard you could simply state that you fucked up and not attack? If not than perhaps you could go fuck yourself.

Don't worry about it OL...a pothead's opinion of me doesn't matter. (You know what they say about their frontal lobes...it's probably even smaller than another part of his anatomy that he's already trying to make up for...) Smiling

As my dear old Granny use to say, ''people who cast stones from their glass houses usually end up with glass in their ass''.

And you know what they say about the religious and their frontal lobes.........religion seriously reduces the neurophysiology responses to errors, meaning religious people basically can't tell right from wrong.

Ps.
Your comment of small penis makes one wonder why the religious find mentioning sexual organs, since sex is verboten and dirty as something Christ taught.

It is usually when the religiously obsessed have nothing intelligent, which is often to say that they revert to toilet humour that their fellow ''christians'' find quite amusing while the rest of us consider it beyond childish.

But enough of this pissing contest, you can't win anyway and I would hate for the moderators to kill it when there is still something to say, that is relevant to the topic like;

The government is beholding to the big Pharma. Most open minded people understand Pot is a better medicine for many aliments, with less insidious side effects then prescription drugs.

And I sincerely hope Clone and anyone else tired of the medical run-around gets a prescription or not because who needs one and finds that her life is enhanced by the use of one of natures creations that has been shown to eases pain, suffering and provide pleasure for tens of thousands of years legal or not.
(06-17-2012, 12:33 PM)Leonard Wrote: Ps.
Your comment of small penis makes one wonder why the religious find mentioning sexual organs, since sex is verboten and dirty as something Christ taught.

It is usually when the religiously obsessed have nothing intelligent, which is often to say that they revert to toilet humour that their fellow ''christians'' find quite amusing while the rest of us consider it beyond childish.

But enough of this pissing contest, you can't win anyway and I would hate for the moderators to kill it when there is still something to say, that is relevant to the topic like;

The government is beholding to the big Pharma. Most open minded people understand Pot is a better medicine for many aliments, with less insidious side effects then prescription drugs.

And I sincerely hope Clone and anyone else tired of the medical run-around gets a prescription or not because who needs one and finds that her life is enhanced by the use of one of natures creations that has been shown to eases pain, suffering and provide pleasure for tens of thousands of years legal or not.

So true.
Glass houses is a good analogy...I once merely suggested someone's life and attitude would get significantly better if one were to experience toe-curling, headboard banging orgasms, only to cause a firestorm of objection. But refering to your penis size on a thread about Medical Marijuana is okay. Laughing
(06-17-2012, 12:04 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: I didn't watch it. What is this thread about anyway?

It's about why marijuana is still not legalized. Basically what I have always said: Because it's in someone's best interest financially/profit wise for it to NOT BE LEGAL. Period.

Onto the "personal" issue. I take anti depressants. Sorry, I do. Do I think it's the best solution? Probably not. Do I know that it has helped me? Yes. I do know for a fact that Marijuana would not help me in that area. Will I stop taking anti depressants? Hell no. I've been on the other side. Being somewhat impassive is far better than the alternative. Do I think all depression should be treated by anti depressants? No. Do I think it is truly a chemical disorder? Yes, in some cases and anti depressants can help. Are there other alternatives for depression. Certainly. So, that's two parts of the issue. One is anti depressant treatment and another is legalization of marijuana and the forces that would choose to keep it illegal and why.
It's not just depression that's at stake here. It's many things that are treatable by marijuana and that is not being recognized. Hiding behind terms like "legality" while saying that brain altering drugs that are legal because they are prescription is really not addressing the real issue, nor is it germane.
Did I even say the word penis? Geez louise people...you all jump to conclusions so easily around here.

It's like your frontal lobe is isn't working correctly, causing you to be impulsive.

Go figure. :wacko:EyebrowsLaughingLaughing
Not to mention medical mj providers for profit fight any total legalization for everyone.
(06-17-2012, 01:43 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 12:04 PM)Simon Peter Wrote: I didn't watch it. What is this thread about anyway?

It's about why marijuana is still not legalized. Basically what I have always said: Because it's in someone's best interest financially/profit wise for it to NOT BE LEGAL. Period.

Onto the "personal" issue. I take anti depressants. Sorry, I do. Do I think it's the best solution? Probably not. Do I know that it has helped me? Yes. I do know for a fact that Marijuana would not help me in that area. Will I stop taking anti depressants? Hell no. I've been on the other side. Being somewhat impassive is far better than the alternative. Do I think all depression should be treated by anti depressants? No. Do I think it is truly a chemical disorder? Yes, in some cases and anti depressants can help. Are there other alternatives for depression. Certainly. So, that's two parts of the issue. One is anti depressant treatment and another is legalization of marijuana and the forces that would choose to keep it illegal and why.
It's not just depression that's at stake here. It's many things that are treatable by marijuana and that is not being recognized. Hiding behind terms like "legality" while saying that brain altering drugs that are legal because they are prescription is really not addressing the real issue, nor is it germane.

Well said, Ms. Tiamat!
(06-17-2012, 01:53 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Did I even say the word penis? Geez louise people...you all jump to conclusions so easily around here.

It's like your frontal lobe is isn't working correctly, causing you to be impulsive.

Oh no, don't you dare say penis. We can only say vagina.
(06-17-2012, 01:53 PM)broadzilla Wrote: Did I even say the word penis? Geez louise people...you all jump to conclusions so easily around here.

Of course. It was noses you were referring to!Big Grin
(06-17-2012, 02:05 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:

Simon Peter,
You can say anything you like and you and Broadzilla do, and often but your dialogues clearly indicate that your frontal lobes have shrunk to the size of gnat's penis, pecker or peter take your pick.

No back to the topic;
Clearly medical or otherwise marijuana would help with this unfortunate situation of your degenerating lobes.

[Image: brainlabel.gif]

Quote:What do each of these lobes do?

Frontal Lobe- associated with reasoning, planning, parts of speech, movement, emotions, and problem solving
Parietal Lobe- associated with movement, orientation, recognition, perception of stimuli
Occipital Lobe- associated with visual processing
Temporal Lobe- associated with perception and recognition of auditory stimuli, memory, and speech
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/kinser/Structure1.html
(06-17-2012, 12:33 PM)Leonard Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 11:41 AM)broadzilla Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 11:27 AM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 10:18 AM)Leonard Wrote: Well broadone, it is better than sitting around ones thumb up ones ass and making no sense at all.

And you you are correct, I did cut and paste the Galileo bit from; https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=16...=firefox-a but the rest is all mine and heart felt.

And I meant to use the quote box, as I usually do and give credit to the search engine for the Galileo chronology but got sidetracked do to a friend dropping by.

Perhaps if you tried to join in the conversations with something meaningful, instead of manifesting your personalty disorder for all to see you might provide something of merit to the conversation instead of your superiority of convictions that is based on ancient text, superstitions and conservative hatefulness.

Get with it girl, this is 2012, not the 9th century.

Perhaps leonard you could simply state that you fucked up and not attack? If not than perhaps you could go fuck yourself.

Don't worry about it OL...a pothead's opinion of me doesn't matter. (You know what they say about their frontal lobes...it's probably even smaller than another part of his anatomy that he's already trying to make up for...) Smiling

As my dear old Granny use to say, ''people who cast stones from their glass houses usually end up with glass in their ass''.

And you know what they say about the religious and their frontal lobes.........religion seriously reduces the neurophysiology responses to errors, meaning religious people basically can't tell right from wrong.

Ps.

Hey leonard, did dear old granny ever tell you your life was going to be relegated to being a useless part of society that hates America and be typing, copying, and pasting inane posts on a forum in Oregon? If not maybe she should have. Probably could have changed your path. But then some are just destined for failure.
(06-17-2012, 02:55 PM)Leonard Wrote:
(06-17-2012, 02:05 PM)Simon Peter Wrote:

Simon Peter,
You can say anything you like and you and Broadzilla do, and often but your dialogues clearly indicate that your frontal lobes have shrunk to the size of gnat's penis, pecker or peter take your pick.

No back to the topic;
Clearly medical or otherwise marijuana would help with this unfortunate situation of your degenerating lobes.

[Image: brainlabel.gif]

Quote:What do each of these lobes do?

Frontal Lobe- associated with reasoning, planning, parts of speech, movement, emotions, and problem solving
Parietal Lobe- associated with movement, orientation, recognition, perception of stimuli
Occipital Lobe- associated with visual processing
Temporal Lobe- associated with perception and recognition of auditory stimuli, memory, and speech
http://serendip.brynmawr.edu/bb/kinser/Structure1.html

Well Leonard, I said nothing negative about you, yet you single me out. I did though say that no plants should be illegal for self use. While we are at it I also have no problem with peeps growing their own tobacco and making their own booze and trading for okra or other stuff. I do have a problem with the Federal gov't industrializing activities and making it more available to the pubic to make a profit and then putting restrictive laws on its use to make even more money.
To summarize, gov't has become to intrusive, not only on companies but in the homes of individuals.
To conclude, you are a master copy and paste hero who violates copyright laws. Rock on you rebel. I so wish I could just copy and paste instead of writing my own words. poonder, crapper, blown, bbgirl, illegitimate would be so proud of you.
(06-17-2012, 03:14 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Hey leonard, did dear old granny ever tell you your life was going to be relegated to being a useless part of society that hates America and be typing, copying, and pasting inane posts on a forum in Oregon? If not maybe she should have. Probably could have changed your path. But then some are just destined for failure.

No but she did say, ''beware of psychotics*'' so I mostly ignore the likes of you.

And to quote a famous Frank Capra film; ''Remember no man is a failure who has friends''.

As for copyright laws; I am sure the moderators have been apprised of the situation which is why none of the posts have been pulled.

Everything I post is shared with permission. On most on-line news outlets the articles have a share button, meaning they want this to be shared. I am only passing on stories or opinions, spending time for redaction to lessen reading time that interesting and perhaps missed by the mainstream.

Along with the news and commentary shared through Twitter, Huffingtonpost and Alternet are perfect examples; they gather news from many world sources and present them along with opinion pieces all having the share button or they only ask the the source is noted.

Now back to the thread;
I don't really know if the psychotic can be helped with marijuana but it might be worth a try.

Here is an article that might be of interest:

Quote:The scans showed that THC lowered activity in a region on the right side of the brain called the caudate nucleus — and the more it reduced activation, the greater effect it had on the men’s response times and the more they experienced a sense of paranoia and an intensified sense of significance and auditory hallucinations.

Those are all psychotic symptoms that can indicate schizophrenia if they occur when people are not high on marijuana or other drugs. Understanding how they occur may help researchers better understand how psychosis develops. For example, an inability to filter out irrelevant stimuli may lead people to hallucinate voices when others hear only noise. And if a sense of heightened significance occurs simultaneously, this could lead to hallucinations common in schizophrenia, like a sense that the voices are commanding you to do something important or are the voices of religious authorities or gods.

Of course, the same lack of filtering — with less intensity or with awareness that they are produced by a drug — could also aid creativity, which often involves paying attention to those elements of life that are usually ignored. Indeed, some research suggests that the relatives of people with schizophrenia are more creative than others — and this tendency not to tune out the ordinary could explain why.

Read more: http://healthland.time.com/2012/01/05/ma...z1y5qF9MR5

*A severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality................ https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=ps...06&bih=619
I am so glad you found out what is your ailment leonard, and I am sure your crowd here will stand in support of your self diagnosis of psychosis. Sometimes these cases need a second opinion from a professional, but I will take your word that you have the ability to self diagnose and support you in your endeavors to try and combat this affliction to the best of your ability. Happy tripping leonard, and don't let all those extra voices bother you, just the ones that tell you to post inane copy and pastes.
Let me see now. Which forum poster has a family history of mental illness to the point of incarceration now... Smiling